Media Morons
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Media Morons

Member #
    Liked
    5763 times

Media Morons

I just got treated to hearing that moron Shepard Smith explain how an "assault weapon" delivers explosive damage to muscles and bone "like no other weapon can" That's a quote. Apparently he's never been introduced to a 1911, or any other of the number of calibers that will easily do as much or more damage. Idiots!
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    785 times
    A rifle round does much more damage than a handgun round regardless of the type of weapon it is fired from.
    Here is a link to an article about the subject, testimony from trauma Surgeons and some x rays too, it's not pretty.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/h...tims-ar15.html
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    -Patches O'Houlihan

Member #
    Liked
    7511 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    I just got treated to hearing that moron Shepard Smith explain how an "assault weapon" delivers explosive damage to muscles and bone "like no other weapon can" That's a quote. Apparently he's never been introduced to a 1911, or any other of the number of calibers that will easily do as much or more damage. Idiots!
    Somebody need to show that windowlicker what a .50Government (.50-70, what the Allin conversion Springfields sere chambered to use before the Trapdoor was introduced) can do. Or a .58 Minie ball.

You gotta remember, newsreaders ain't paid to be accurate. All they have to do is be able to read off'n a teleprompter, speak with no discernable accent and, generally, be eye candy.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Looking for this article/video without success, can you link it?
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    21088 times
    Well, that's what you get for listening to the news media.
    If I want to be lied to by an idiot I'll talk to my ex-wife.
    She's been gone for 50 years. Tv's been gone for 10.
    It's really pleasant and tension free at this house now.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7363 times
    Dead is dead, doesn't matter what it came from, or caliber..................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    33282 times
    Quote Originally Posted by loudviking View Post
    Dead is dead, doesn't matter what it came from, or caliber..................
    True......but there's somethin' to be said for havin' that competitive edge............
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    5763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    Looking for this article/video without success, can you link it?
    I saw it live on TV. I don't know if its available anywhere.

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    5763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    A rifle round does much more damage than a handgun round regardless of the type of weapon it is fired from.
    Here is a link to an article about the subject, testimony from trauma Surgeons and some x rays too, it's not pretty.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/h...tims-ar15.html
    Well if it's in the NY Times it must be true lol. I don't doubt that a rifle in general has more velocity and does more damage. To single out an "assault weapon", whatever that is, is ridiculous. The most popular AR rifle is .223. I would imagine it does the least amount of damage than all the other calibers.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    21753 times
    Of all the modern sporting cartridges that are readily available, the .223 Rem or 5.56 NATO would be the preferred round to be hit with. A .243, a 270, a 7 Mag or 8mm would do significantly more damage to a body than the .223. Even the venerable 30-30 would do more damage. The only advantages of the .223 or 5.56 is number of rounds you can carry. In war, it was preferred as it wasn't seen as a lethal round, but more of an incapacitating round requiring other enemy soldiers to stop fighting to retrieve the injured enemy guy that got shot. By way of comparison, the 30-06 was chosen to put the enemy down permanently.
    bubblehead and olfarhors like this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links