Media Morons - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Media Morons

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Perhaps he needs to be introduced to one of these "assault weapons"......

Name:  this is a rock.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  102.4 KB
    gbusmech and loudviking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3889 times
    The media can be worse than Hollywood at times when it comes to reality. In the last couple weeks I've heard references to machine guns, super bullets that are specifically designed to do incredible amounts of damage to human tissue, clips (why do people even still use this word?), as well as a number of other eye rolling or eye crossing comments. There's no better cure to logic than introducing the element of fear. And a guy loading up for war and then killing double digit amounts of people while they are merrily going through their day is a surefire way to introduce fear. Let's be honest, if these shooters were Muslims or illegals from south of the border, there'd be a significant amount of pearl clutching going on from the right of the political spectrum, and you can bet the right leaning media would be stirring that pot like a witch's brew dropping in all manner of falsehoods and exaggerations as well to better serve up that much needed to get the base where you want them levels of fear. Oh we do so love our fear, and for the powers that be, it's probably the most useful tool in the shed. We even eat our own when it comes to fear, if someone should dare to bring logic and reason into the equation. Case in point, one of the most logical guys out there got turned on like a pot roast thrown to piranha - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/05/a...n-el-paso.html
    pegasus likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    3498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    For the record, Drum magazines could go the way of Bump Stocks and I wouldn't loose sleep either.
    The problem is I haven't seen any proposed legislation that just bans drums. The latest AW ban proposal bans anything over ten rounds, and there is no grandfathering. You own it and don't turn it in for destruction you become a felon. Now granted, the bill is going nowhere in 2019, but it will still be around in 2021.
    kmw1954 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4039 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    I just got treated to hearing that moron Shepard Smith explain how an "assault weapon" delivers explosive damage to muscles and bone "like no other weapon can" That's a quote. Apparently he's never been introduced to a 1911, or any other of the number of calibers that will easily do as much or more damage. Idiots!
    It's gotta be true.....it was on TV!!!! er...ah....it was on the internet!!!!…..er….ah....my cousins BILs 2nd cousin's friend's boss from work said it was...and that's good enough for me!!!!
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20872 times
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    3825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    The problem is I haven't seen any proposed legislation that just bans drums. The latest AW ban proposal bans anything over ten rounds, and there is no grandfathering. You own it and don't turn it in for destruction you become a felon. Now granted, the bill is going nowhere in 2019, but it will still be around in 2021.
    I follow completely. Have been watching this discussion on AW Bans and how it has morphed into anything that is Auto, because the morons cannot differentiate between AUTO and SEMI-AUTO. Looks like they are pushing for anything that has a detachable magazine. So then what also happens to revolvers that hold more than 6 rounds and many do today? Are they now also illegal?

Everyone can get upset with me if they like but I will openly and honestly admit that removing bump stocks didn't upset me one bit and neither would the removal of Drum type very high capacity magazines. Sorry folk but we are no longer in the 1920's fighting Capone's Gangsters with Tommy Guns!

I have no issue with the general public owning Semi-Auto Sporting rifles/carbines with 20+ round capacity magazines. Heck as I have said before, if I lived in an area or was able to travel frequently to areas that had wild hogs running loose I could see owning one of these guns to hunt pigs with. But I don't so I don't own one. A 30cal. BAR would be a lot of fun to shoot to but that doesn't also mean I need to own one.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    31476 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    Let's be honest, if these shooters were Muslims or illegals from south of the border, there'd be a significant amount of pearl clutching going on from the right of the political spectrum, and you can bet the right leaning media would be stirring that pot like a witch's brew dropping in all manner of falsehoods and exaggerations as well to better serve up that much needed to get the base where you want them levels of fear.
    If I have a base, someone needs to put me in touch with them, because those sniveling tightwads are WAY behind on their dues and subscription fees.

Having said that, I'll be honest as you requested. If this guy acted alone, I want him tried fairly and the sentence carried out as swiftly as possible.

If he was part of a group that supported his actions, I want that group thoroughly investigated and the law brought down upon them. Any organization that lends material support to this sort of things needs to be watched - with due process, and warrants issued. Just like they should do for anyone supporting any violent organization. That's me being honest.
    pegasus, trooperc7 and olfarhors like this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19887 times
    Maybe we need to take a few of these Cruz’ or Mo AR carriers, put’em in the infantry and stick’em 200 yards in front of their platoon with whatever firearm they’re caught with and leave’em to it.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    An easy way to remember that rifles are generally more potent than handguns.

The energy of the round is E=M•V(^2). That is “Velocity” squared.

Bottom line, the velocity has more to do with destructive energy than the size/mass of the projectile. That requires no past experience of ballistics or even a ballistician - it’s a pure fundamental principle of physics..
    Wow, this discussion has kinda wandered far afield, but let’s get back to the original theme...

You’re right, velocity has a lot to do with the fact that rifle rounds cause more damage than pistol rounds, but kinetic energy is only part of the reason. Tissue is elastic, but only to a point; at pistol velocities, bullets tend to create large temporary cavities that quickly collapse, leaving a much smaller permanent cavity of destroyed tissue. However, if the bullet hits at a velocity above the speed of sound in the tissue – roughly 2200fps – it causes a much larger permanent cavity, as the shock wave damages tissue much farther from the bullet’s path.

That’s why the shortest practical barrel length on an AR-style carbine is about 10.5”; any shorter, and the velocity doesn’t reach that 2200fps threshold for maximal damage. Which is also why I get a chuckle when I see someone’s 8” AR pistol build; at that point, you might as well be shooting .22 WMR, except a whole lot louder.
    GhostHorse likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26813 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffin View Post
    Wow, this discussion has kinda wandered far afield, but let’s get back to the original theme...

You’re right, velocity has a lot to do with the fact that rifle rounds cause more damage than pistol rounds, but kinetic energy is only part of the reason. Tissue is elastic, but only to a point; at pistol velocities, bullets tend to create large temporary cavities that quickly collapse, leaving a much smaller permanent cavity of destroyed tissue. However, if the bullet hits at a velocity above the speed of sound in the tissue – roughly 2200fps – it causes a much larger permanent cavity, as the shock wave damages tissue much farther from the bullet’s path.

That’s why the shortest practical barrel length on an AR-style carbine is about 10.5”; any shorter, and the velocity doesn’t reach that 2200fps threshold for maximal damage. Which is also why I get a chuckle when I see someone’s 8” AR pistol build; at that point, you might as well be shooting .22 WMR, except a whole lot louder.

OK__ First!
    I thought that there was a rule that anyone posting a math question in a post had to also put a disclaimer (warning) in the heading??
    maybe not but if not it should be required.
    second isn't that a tad fast in FPS for speed of sound?
    and of course it varies as to temperature, density of the air etc. but I was thinking it was more along the 1100-1150 FPS? again I could be wrong as I can't quite run that fast.also I was very, very disappointed when a home invader was breaking in and I pointed this at him and he just laughed, really was a downer for me!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links