Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Mass shooting in Dayton Ohio

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times

Mass shooting in Dayton Ohio

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...26CylnDLdZQxM/

The guy wasn't stopped by the police or because he ran out of ammo. He was allegedly stopped after someone or a group of people took the gun away from him and shot him with it as he was trying to enter a building. Unlike the Walmart shooting, the Oregon district on a sat. night is a bunch of nightclubs. Although you can legally carry concealed if you are not consuming alcohol, most people that go to a bar do it to consume alcohol. And of course the bars and nightclubs could be by their choice a no guns zone anyway, regardless of what the state law allows.
    kschilk and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4661 times
    The article I saw said he shot himself. Either way these tragic events are getting ridiculous. You can't legislate crazy out of society.

Member #
    Liked
    48045 times
    As I posted in the WallyWorld shooting thread, it's not going to stop. It's going to get worse. Folks need to start connecting the dots.
    another article:
    https://truepundit.com/at-least-10-p...e-people-shot/
    Last edited by rollin thunder; 08-04-2019 at 07:33 AM.
    kschilk and taurustoter like this.
    We the People...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7256 times
    Prayers for the victims................
    I find it odd that this is happening right now, I expect another one soon....................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    33102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    The article I saw said he shot himself. Either way these tragic events are getting ridiculous. You can't legislate crazy out of society.
    Many already believe they can legislate the weather, crazy oughta' be a cinch.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    7423 times
    Prayers for victims and families . I agree as mentioned , it’s only going to get worse and i think politics is the main reason . It’s getting pathetic !!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2220 times
    Lee Harvey Oswald wanted to make a name for himself by assassinating someone of importance. His first attempt failed, but his second gave him unequaled fame.

These pukes want a name, and the media is willing to give it to them in furtherance of an agenda. We will only have more pukes who want to see their name in the headlines and be known as the biggest killer ever.
    NotSo and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    I need to correct something in the OP. The initial report I read was that a group of people took the gun away from him and shot him. This is the revised story.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law...icmp=cb_widget

Police are trying to identify the suspect, who was shot to death by Dayton police officers, he said. As far as police know, there was only the one suspect, he said.

Police also are trying to determine what motivated the shooter, who Carper said used a long gun with multiple rounds.
    There were officers on regular patrol in the Oregon District, which he called a very popular and usually safe section of the city.

There was “a very short timeline of violence” because the officers were on their regular patrols of the district. “We’re very fortunate for that,” he said. “We had officers in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly,” Carper said.

Several area police departments responded to a “Signal 99” broadcast asking for all available police to respond to the district. Agents with the FBI and ATF are on scene as well.
    and

The shooter, who has not been identified, used a .223-caliber high-capacity magazine rifle and was wearing a mask or covering over his face.
    Regardless, it doesn't change my initial point, in fact the bolded parts reconfirms it. What usually stops a mass shooting after it starts is a rapid effective defense by someone, whether it's the police (if they happen to be near the scene as this case was) or an armed citizen.

b.t.w. , even if this new version is incorrect and it's later determined that he shot himself, as one person heard, he wouldn't have likely shot himself if he wasn't facing armed resistance.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    48045 times
    Heads up in the south.
    Especially, Alabama, Georgia and Florida.
    JimmyA likes this.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    48045 times
    I read where the El Paso and Ohio shooters were wearing hearing protection, muffs to be specific. A little odd, don't you think?
    Desperado and muddcatt54 like this.
    We the People...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links