Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: to hot to shoot

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    109 times

to hot to shoot

no shooting today....temp just hit 92 degrees with high humidity. very unusual here. only a couple days a year get like this, and that's to many !!. we usually enjoy low humidity with daytime temps in the low to mid 70's, and mid 50's at night. this is awful. glad it's just 1 day.
    Kevin Keith and kruizer like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3882 times
    That is pretty much everyday in Southwest Florida from early May through late October. Highs at 90+, lows in the upper 70s, dew points in the 70s. We try to do all of the outdoor stuff before 10am and after the afternoon thunder storms..
    darbo, olfarhors and Old_Sp5 like this.
    A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive.

Member #
    Liked
    5689 times
    Well it's about 5 PM here and currently at an actual temperature of 103. It's been 95+ here for several weeks now. Today and tomorrow will be the hottest. Too hot to do anything!!
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6286 times
    Here on the coast that is just normal summer heat. However there is no snow in winter.
    CJS3 and Old_Sp5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19322 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    That is pretty much everyday in Southwest Florida from early May through late October. Highs at 90+, lows in the upper 70s, dew points in the 70s. We try to do all of the outdoor stuff before 10am and after the afternoon thunder storms..
    ^^^this^^^ I will say that I do ok with May but by June it's getting toasty. And hopefully things have cooled a bit before the end of October.

Biggest problem for me is Mon-Fri working in an open air, if you can call it air, warehouse! So far today I haven't so much as opened the door at home!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    i don't know how you guys can stand that heat. i'll take the snow and cold over this. i was sweating just reading the posts.
    Kevin Keith likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    266 times
    Too hot to shoot? That's like saying it's too hot to drink! I gots to shoot!

Member #
    Liked
    435 times
    Eh If I drag my sorry no good for nothing Carcass out the door to shoot come hell or high water -100 or +10,000 I am gonna shoot, and enjoy myself at that weather is not going to ruin IF I can get my dead arse moving with or without excessive pain to do RC Flying/Shooting/Fishing -90,000 or + 107 Celsius or Fahrenheit I am going to enjoy. That is just my retarded personality.
    Yuck Moo

Member #
    Liked
    7416 times
    102 with 23% humidity here now . Been that way all week .

Member #
    Liked
    4993 times
    Get a CO2 powered BB air pistol and a backstop and shoot in your home. That way you can sit in your recliner and still have fun "blessing the heck" (making holey) out of a target.
    I did that a year or two ago.
    My backstop was a large cardboard box filled with sheets of cardboard with a target stapled to it. Every 500 or so BBs I would collect the BBs out of the backstop for reuse.
    Stroker and dwhite like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links