Taurus Firearm Forum banner

to hot to shoot

3K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  mark7mod0 
#1 ·
no shooting today....temp just hit 92 degrees with high humidity. very unusual here. only a couple days a year get like this, and that's to many !!. we usually enjoy low humidity with daytime temps in the low to mid 70's, and mid 50's at night. this is awful. glad it's just 1 day.

#5 ·
^^^this^^^ I will say that I do ok with May but by June it's getting toasty. And hopefully things have cooled a bit before the end of October.

Biggest problem for me is Mon-Fri working in an open air, if you can call it air, warehouse! So far today I haven't so much as opened the door at home!

#3 ·
Well it's about 5 PM here and currently at an actual temperature of 103. It's been 95+ here for several weeks now. Today and tomorrow will be the hottest. Too hot to do anything!!

#22 ·
ahh OK I understand the cold that you mention but can you describe this "SNOW" that you speak of?

#23 ·
well I know a lot of people complain about paying to shoot at an indoor range but when its raining, super hot or super cold outside the indoor range membership is----priceless!

#8 ·
Eh If I drag my sorry no good for nothing Carcass out the door to shoot come hell or high water -100 or +10,000 I am gonna shoot, and enjoy myself at that weather is not going to ruin IF I can get my dead arse moving with or without excessive pain to do RC Flying/Shooting/Fishing -90,000 or + 107 Celsius or Fahrenheit I am going to enjoy. That is just my retarded personality.

#10 ·
Get a CO2 powered BB air pistol and a backstop and shoot in your home. That way you can sit in your recliner and still have fun "blessing the heck" (making holey) out of a target.
I did that a year or two ago.
My backstop was a large cardboard box filled with sheets of cardboard with a target stapled to it. Every 500 or so BBs I would collect the BBs out of the backstop for reuse.

#11 ·
Northern Illinois is on about the 4th day of it...forecast to break tomorrow (low 80's) and headed up to WI to shoot. 30-40% chance of rain however. The positions are covered however. Targets might not get changed as much!

Reactions: OldJack
#12 ·
As with the others that live here in Fl....if it is after 1100 in the summer before I can get to the range..might as well forget it. Heat big problem, sun-have history of skin cancer, + bugs, rain, lighting....sometimes hail...have to pass. Enough medical problems without having the possibility of heat stroke.

#15 ·
I'll probably go shooting Friday. My range is in the shade, up against the mountain, and the cool breezes continue to come down the valley, regardless. Even if the temperature in the valley is high, up there in the shade, it's generally pretty nice.

I'll take a cooler with a bunch of Dr.Pepper and a few hot dogs, the little gas grill, and my straw hat. May spend the entire day if Mrs. Flash doesn't push the "Honey-Do List" too badly.

Sorry you others don't have access to a paradise like we have here in Pure Appaachia.

#17 ·
Such is life my friend. Down here we have central air, so the daily highs and lows aren't that big of a deal until you have to work outside. The low last night was 80. The high today will be in the mid 90s, unless the clouds completely disappear. I went shooting last weekend (highs in the high 90s) so this weekend I'll be sitting in front of a fan, reloading to restock the ammo I shot at the range. Just another summer day in Texas.

#19 ·
I got back from Vietnam in 72 and was in nice and comfy in Imperial Beach, Ca till 76 when I got stationed in Kingsville,TX. HOT and humid never appealed to me then or now, but here I am in Gainesville, Fl. Medical problems for wife and I + great hospital and doctors will make you live in the places you never imagined.

#18 ·
I use to hate hot weather because I hated being soaked in sweat. 9 years ago a woman driving a Ford Ranger changed all that. If it is cold or the A/C is too high, my arms, wrist, and knees ache from mild to, "THERE ISN'T ENOUGH TYLENOL IN THE WORLD!". It's near 90 now and I'm headed to the range. Hot days are one of the few times I don't hurt.

Maloy

#20 ·
I try to shoot my handguns 2 or 3 times per week regardless of the weather but I "cheat". I go out the door of my air conditioned kitchen where I have a chair just inside the open garage door. I sit there and shoot a few hundred rounds at the targets against the bank beyond the garage door. When I get hot, tired or bored, I wander back into the house to cool off and get something to drink. When I shoot my rifles, I go out of the downstairs den door and shoot at targets on a different bank or ride the John Deere down to the field in the lower part of the yard where I have more targets at a greater distance.

#21 ·
WOW-- at below 94 degrees and 72 dew point we start talking about turning on the old Furnace here!
course these heat spells of 90 plus and dew points in the 68 and up only last for a very short 3-4 months usually.

Reactions: OldJack
#31 ·
It's really never too hot to shoot, or too cold for that matter. Just crank up the ac/heater in the pickup, and shoot out the window. Need to get out to tend targets? That's what wives, kids and grandkids are for. I know, that's bad. :D

#35 ·
We had a few days straight of high 90's with high humidity. This week it's lower than normal for July (getting mid 80's) but I'm not complaining at all!

Reactions: olfarhors
#36 ·
last three or so days we been hovering in the mid to low 60's in the morning ( a couple getting near 50), highs in like 80 or very low 80's, humidity a nice dry 50 dew point.
BUT its not nearly cool weather time yet, we will pay for this next two months!

#37 ·
I was beginning to wonder where the global warming had gone but ollie’s Right - the dog days of August will soon be upon us.

And, as long as it ain’t hot enuf to melt lead - it can be shot!

Reactions: olfarhors
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.