Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: For all you guys who want a serious 22 mag carrying gun

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times

For all you guys who want a serious 22 mag carrying gun

I just got my latest issue of American Handgunner and Rock Island is now making a full sized 1911 in 22 Magnum. It holds 14+1 rounds and was reviewed by John Taffin, who gave it a good review. I mean....they all get good reviews it seems like, but if they don't like a gun they just don't review it, so I think it's a good thing that it was reviewed and given a thumbs up.

22 mag isn't really my thing, but some people really get jazzed about that round so I thought I'd post this up.

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/xt-...num-22-magnum/

If you look at the pics, it's really not a 1911 per se, there doesn't appear to be a barrel bushing and there are other differences as well, but it's very 1911-like.
    darbo, TonyC2639 and taurustoter like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    31793 times
    Like the controls, like the sights, like what they say about the trigger. Interesting.

Still prefer 230 grains.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    Wow, that one looks nice. Up until now I've never seen a 22 mag that I thought I had to have. I wonder what the street price will be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2737 times
    Is it a single stack? I have a PMR30 and it's a little picky on ammo but as long as run CCI through the pistol it is flawless, accurate and fun to shoot.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    7052 times
    Looks like the love child of a 1911 and a Beretta 92.

So does shooting it twice make it a .44?
    taurustoter likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    4172 times
    I like... The barrel is pinned, only the slide recips. 14 round. I will wait for the many reviews for this pistol before I venture into ownership...

https://homedefensejournal.com/2016/...-xt-22-magnum/
    When people lose their way and begin to vote for their own yokes and chains and suddenly we’re all wearing them, when Government turns tyrannical and the light of liberty is being extinguished.... our 2nd amendment is our ONLY hope.

Member #
    Liked
    16387 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Like the controls, like the sights, like what they say about the trigger. Interesting.

Still prefer 230 grains.
    It's got a 14-round magazine, and at 40 grains each that's 560 grains. So there ya go.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.- George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    6034 times
    The gun has been promised by Rock Island for at least 2 years. When you call the company and ask them will you can get one or when they will be available you just get Vague answers.

Keltec's PMR30 Offers half of the weight, Twice the capacity, And a price tag at least $250 less then RIA.

Doesn't seem to be rocket science to me…

Don
    Qwiks draw and CJS3 like this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    The gun has been promised by Rock Island for at least 2 years. When you call the company and ask them will you can get one or when they will be available you just get Vague answers.

Keltec's PMR30 Offers half of the weight, Twice the capacity, And a price tag at least $250 less then RIA.

Doesn't seem to be rocket science to me…

Don
    The article alluded to this being the first 'widely available' carry 22 mag. I imagine that was a poke at the unavailability of the Keltec, at least for the first 5 years of it's existence. I even looked for one here locally, way back then, and neither gun shop ever got their hands on one. My interest waned and I'm not really interested anymore, but I don't think it's a bad thing that you have a choice now. Especially if you like carrying something that looks like a 1911 instead of a Star Trek phaser.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    6034 times
    I hear what your saying and yes, it would be nice to have a choice but choice requires at least two items. Since RIA is apparently not producing their gun it's not a choice.

Even if the RIA suddenly appeared on dealer shelves at half the capacity, twice the weight, and a couple hundred dollars more than the Keltec a lot of people would not consider that much of a choice.

Don't take me wrong, I own the Keltec and if the mythical RIA appears out of the mist I will certainly buy one. But many others who can't buy both or don't want two .22 magnums may find the RIA not a viable option.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links