Taurus Popularity - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Taurus Popularity

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Member #
    44413
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Marion, Va
    Posts
    1,007
    Liked
    980 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
    The fact that the general public is poorly informed on firmearms explains why Taurus guns sell so well. Joe blow walks into gun shop looking for his first carry piece looks at a $500 P365 and a $600 G26 looks at all the 9mm compacts sees a G2C for $200 holds it feels good in his hand and buys it. He doesnt know and probably doesn't care that parts are hard to find, has no clue about possible customer service issues within the company. All he knows is he saved $3-400 on a compact carry pistol.
    They sell well because they are poorly informed but more than that, they are not misinformed. I got my first used Taurus revolver to see if Taurus could possibly be as bad as the internet gun snobs said they were. I found that the internet gun snobs were wrong so I bought a new TCP that needed go to back for a minor adjustment right out of the box. Got it back and it has been fine. After a year or two, I bought a new PT111 G2 that has been flawless followed by a used 605 revolver that has been good. I finally bought a 856 38 special revolver that has the smoothest trigger of any of my 18 firearms with good fit and finish.

    When you talk about lack of parts and slow customer service, you need to realize that very few people will ever need either. They buy a gun and shoot it infrequently if at all (and the great majority of guns never have an issue of any kind anyway). It sits in their gun safe, night stand, etc. for decades protecting the owner. The gun buyer is happy and they did save hundreds of dollars (my PT111-G2 and 856 together costs less than one Glock with $100 left over for ammo).
    Last edited by osbornk; 07-10-2019 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Member #
    19548
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,447
    Liked
    3820 times
    Well, I think that Taurus is on a roll lately.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49529
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,616
    Liked
    4166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw46 View Post
    The fact that the general public is poorly informed on firmearms explains why Taurus guns sell so well. Joe blow walks into gun shop looking for his first carry piece looks at a $500 P365 and a $600 G26 looks at all the 9mm compacts sees a G2C for $200 holds it feels good in his hand and buys it. He doesnt know and probably doesn't care that parts are hard to find, has no clue about possible customer service issues within the company. All he knows is he saved $3-400 on a compact carry pistol.
    And how many go into the LGS or Big Box Store and listen to the salesman that sells them that $5/600.00 pistol and a box of ammo and the gun goes home to forever forward sit in a nightstand drawer? Did they really need that $500.00 gun? Did they really need any gun for that matter?

    That $200.00 Taurus is going to be just as reliable and functional to be brought out and shot once a year as any $600.00 gun. And most likely those same people couldn't tell you the difference between one or the other!
    slong115 likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Member #
    49529
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,616
    Liked
    4166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglar View Post
    Feed, fire and eject are flawless thru many boxes of varied blammo now......if you don't mind pulling the trigger far back into the palm of your hand. No, it's not "good," but NWIH will I send it to Taurus. Buyers Remorse ?? Yah, some, but with the addition of a rubber grip wrap it fits my hand perfectly, is very comfy to shoot and lines up with target instantly. I really like it.......But I won't buy another Taurus.....Because of their CS. I agree completely with SLong 115 in his post above.

    Tho' I live in a small town far back in the mountains of SW New Mexico, we're blessed with a highly skilled gunsmith....but he's very spendy. If necessary, I'll go to him but would prefer not to. So far, so good.

    I have mentioned this before but will repeat. I have a PT92C that Taurus USA has no record of and has straight up told me that because of this they will not warrantee anything on this gun. This in no way effects the way I think of Taurus nor does it influence any decision of future purchase. The gun is great, I bought it used for a terrific price and would buy another in a heart beat. I also know that if something breaks I'm on my own. I either find someone local to fix it or I scrap it. I know people that spend more money than this every weekend in the Bar and never bat an eyelash. Heck I know people that spend this much every week on lottery scratch off tickets! Don't hear them complain either.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Member #
    44413
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Marion, Va
    Posts
    1,007
    Liked
    980 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    I have mentioned this before but will repeat. I have a PT92C that Taurus USA has no record of and has straight up told me that because of this they will not warrantee anything on this gun. This in no way effects the way I think of Taurus nor does it influence any decision of future purchase. The gun is great, I bought it used for a terrific price and would buy another in a heart beat. I also know that if something breaks I'm on my own. I either find someone local to fix it or I scrap it. I know people that spend more money than this every weekend in the Bar and never bat an eyelash. Heck I know people that spend this much every week on lottery scratch off tickets! Don't hear them complain either.
    My first Taurus was a model 84 revolver and I did the Taurus serial number lookup on the website and nothing showed up. I contacted Taurus and found it was imported by a 3rd party before Taurus started importing them and it had no warranty but they offered me an opportunity to send it to them and get a really good trade for a new one. I declined as the one I had worked great. I have since bought 4 more current ones that have the lifetime warranty. I sold the first one only because I was afraid I would shoot it with +P ammo in it and it was not made for +P. I bought a box of +P by accident (it was the cheapest hollowpoint) and I didn't want to use it by mistake in it.

  7. #26
    Member
    Member #
    38385
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    85 times
    I have had pretty good luck with my Taurus Firearms to date. A couple of minor problems but nothing serious. The pistols and revolver are great looking and priced to attract. Like beads to the Indians I guess, I buy them and love them. (but carry a S&W M&P Shield for self defense-don't tell anyone).

  8. #27
    Member
    Member #
    48929
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    96
    Liked
    60 times
    There was a huge class-action against Taurus a couple of years ago, that listed a number of their models. Quality control has been in question for some time. I picked up a PT111 G2 a few years ago. I liked the look and I thought it felt pretty good in the hand, so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, it was a $200 surprise. It's fired everything I've fed it with 100 percent reliability. Would it stand up to the long term use and abuse that a Glock or Sig or M&P would? Who knows, but I doubt there's many on this thread that shoot enough to see. I see it as a really good alternative to some of the more expensive choices. Also, I think that Taurus is upping their game and it shows in some of their new products. One sore exception and that's the PT1911. The components used are fine, but the machining and final fit up is horrible. I know 1911s and have an extensive collection, some of which were price well over $100 less than the Taurus and are superior in every way imaginable. Don't tell me how good yours is. I've been doing this for too long and I know better. Every time I post a negative like this, I hope somebody at Taurus reads it. In so many other areas I sing their praises, but they really don't get it when it comes to 1911s. I'm looking forward to the opening of their facility down in Georgia. I'd like to take my $500 Taurus and my $455 American Classic and allow them to compare. If they ever get it right, I'll buy another.

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Member #
    75669
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    171 times
    I was honestly surprised how active and involved this forum is! Like I have said before, my first experience with a Taurus (617, used) was less than stellar, but I am very happy with my G2C. And I challenge someone to find a better gun for the price (or even more really).
    BigBlue and daytonaredeye like this.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

  10. #29
    Supporting Moderator

    Member #
    32159
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rapid City S.D.
    Posts
    5,308
    Liked
    7762 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad1911 View Post
    There was a huge class-action against Taurus a couple of years ago, that listed a number of their models. Quality control has been in question for some time. I picked up a PT111 G2 a few years ago. I liked the look and I thought it felt pretty good in the hand, so I thought I'd give it a try. Well, it was a $200 surprise. It's fired everything I've fed it with 100 percent reliability. Would it stand up to the long term use and abuse that a Glock or Sig or M&P would? Who knows, but I doubt there's many on this thread that shoot enough to see. I see it as a really good alternative to some of the more expensive choices. Also, I think that Taurus is upping their game and it shows in some of their new products. One sore exception and that's the PT1911. The components used are fine, but the machining and final fit up is horrible. I know 1911s and have an extensive collection, some of which were price well over $100 less than the Taurus and are superior in every way imaginable. Don't tell me how good yours is. I've been doing this for too long and I know better. Every time I post a negative like this, I hope somebody at Taurus reads it. In so many other areas I sing their praises, but they really don't get it when it comes to 1911s. I'm looking forward to the opening of their facility down in Georgia. I'd like to take my $500 Taurus and my $455 American Classic and allow them to compare. If they ever get it right, I'll buy another.

    Yeah,I have been in this far to long also, your PT1911 was apparently a dud, mine wasn't and fit and finish was and still is great.................
    Don't make blanket statements about everyone's PT1911, as I to have seen some very lousy examples of higher priced 1911's.
    Smokewagon likes this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

  11. #30
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    10444
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    11,807
    Liked
    28860 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Because of the people here. I'd stay here if this was the cheddar cheese forum and I was lactose intolerant.
    Exactly! The people make the forum and this is the best because of y'all.
    olfarhors and william like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

    “Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

    “During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •