Taurus Popularity - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Taurus Popularity

Member #
    Liked
    6949 times
    Taurus CS is what has soured me with the company. That and the way they handled the lawsuit. I still however own 3 of their fire arms.
    Desperado and olfarhors like this.

Member #
    Liked
    419 times
    I subscribe to quite a few emails and virtually everyone of them has something from Taurus featured every day; G2C, G2S, .22, revolvers, etc. Their marketing machine is working overtime. I have purchased four Taurus firearms new; 627 Tracker, PT92, Millenium Pro 24/7 .40 and I purchased a PT111 G2 before they became the default replacement item under Taurus Carter. The replacement PT111 G2 I received after I sent in my 24/7 would be #5. I still believe you get a lot of bang for your buck (insert pun here) with Taurus but I will be on the sidelines with Taurus for the foreseeable future.
    olfarhors and Czechbikr like this.

Member #
    Liked
    28064 times
    Being 71 yeras old, having shot weapons for like 50 plus years, and being in the gun business for about 7-8 years I really don't rely on any sales person to sale me anything.
    but I do agree that a lot of people do follow a sales persons thoughts and likes, and yes a lot of sales people in gun stores frown on taurus, but hionestly now a lot of that comes from dealing with the company and with irate owners that have purchased problem children and get little or no help from the company.
    I owned at one time 10 taurus weapons, all semi auto, I am down now to a lousy TCP, yes its been back to the mothership twice and so now it protects my gun safe i guess as it stays in the back top shelf out of sight.
    I had three 24/7 that were recalled or whatever, i got 1 of them left, and i own four Pt1911, 2 of which also retunred to the mothership, one twice and then i finally broke down and fixed the 2 that were sent back and then returned to me to only break again.
    anyway I own many, many brands and honestly the customer service and more so the quality control out the door is what has turned my off to the taurus brand.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    I got mt new PT1911 a couple of weeks ago and haven't had any problems...yet. I hope I don't. But after reading all this, I gotta be honest, I wonder, "What the H are we doing here on a Taurus forum then? Lets head over to Ruger or Colt or something." lol

There's probably not much difference between any gun manufacturer these days. I've heard of lemon Colts, Smiths. Not so much Rugers. I had an Auto Ordnance 1911 years ago that was a total lemon but others have had good luck. Maybe it's just that, luck.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    EVERY firearms company has had their rough times and lemons, and shooters have loooong memories.
    As for Taurus, I tend to stick with their adaptations of other designs, specifically the PT92 and revolvers that have a lot of S&W in them. I am a bit leery of their 'clean-sheet' designs.
    I've only had one encounter with Taurus CS. I was looking to get a beat-up PT92 with the laser engraving refinished, but was told that Taurus did not do that.
    Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM

Member #
    Liked
    94 times
    The fact that the general public is poorly informed on firmearms explains why Taurus guns sell so well. Joe blow walks into gun shop looking for his first carry piece looks at a $500 P365 and a $600 G26 looks at all the 9mm compacts sees a G2C for $200 holds it feels good in his hand and buys it. He doesnt know and probably doesn't care that parts are hard to find, has no clue about possible customer service issues within the company. All he knows is he saved $3-400 on a compact carry pistol.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I've long heard the stories of poor quality in Taurus weapons, so passed on a few deals over the years. Then, last year I came across a new PT111G2 at a local shop - black with anodized gray slide. Beautiful. I had a .380 LCP and a 10mm Glock 29, but felt the need for a 9mm to fill the gap - and I really liked that PT111. Sooo....went home and went online and did some heavy checking on user reviews of the PT111 and found that it was better than sliced bread - everyone sang the praises, it seemed like, so I went back up and bought it. Price was fair, too. Then I took the thing to the range to get acquainted. HoooBoy.

A glitch quickly showed up in the trigger. As I pulled the trigger back - for about 2", it seemed like, - (exaggerating) there would be a catch in the trigger movement, then pop thru it to fire. As I worked thru the 1st box of ammo, it got worse, to the point where I couldn't pull the trigger without enormous force. As expected, the dealer (pawn shop) doesn't work on them and it was my baby now, so back online to check on returning it to Taurus.

Online was a whole 'nuther series of stories - Taurus CS was worse than the Cuban economy. Why didn't any of those happy souls say anything about that when I was researching the purchase ?? Aaarrggh ! ! ! Many YouTubes on the subject, so got to work and cleaned up the action without getting into complete disassembly. (can't believe the # of tiny bits and pieces in that trigger mechanism) Polished something - forget now - and worked the action 100s of times. Now, it's consistent and has a reasonable trigger of about ~5# with only a tiny catch ½ way thru the very long trigger pull.

Feed, fire and eject are flawless thru many boxes of varied blammo now......if you don't mind pulling the trigger far back into the palm of your hand. No, it's not "good," but NWIH will I send it to Taurus. Buyers Remorse ?? Yah, some, but with the addition of a rubber grip wrap it fits my hand perfectly, is very comfy to shoot and lines up with target instantly. I really like it.......But I won't buy another Taurus.....Because of their CS. I agree completely with SLong 115 in his post above.

Tho' I live in a small town far back in the mountains of SW New Mexico, we're blessed with a highly skilled gunsmith....but he's very spendy. If necessary, I'll go to him but would prefer not to. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    34040 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    But after reading all this, I gotta be honest, I wonder, "What the H are we doing here on a Taurus forum then? Lets head over to Ruger or Colt or something." lol
    Because of the people here. I'd stay here if this was the cheddar cheese forum and I was lactose intolerant.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3648 times
    I've read and seen very, very few complaints about the G2 series. The gun does have what I consider a flaw--that trigger safety blade--that appears to be most consistent of the issues I've seen about it.

My own three G2 pistols have seen thousands of rounds with zero gun-related failures and only 4 ammo-related failures (that's been four hard primers, the only failures out of over 7,000 rounds among 3 guns).

I don't know about any other Taurus pistol, but the fairy gun-mother touched the G2 design team with a Cinderella spell. But I said in these forums a couple of years ago that it is customer service, customer service, customer service where Taurus can win or fail with this opportunity.

If they're having such a problem getting spare parts (and, yes, I suspect they're using every part to build guns for sale), then they shouldn't even try to repair guns--just replace them, instantly, as fast as they can get a new one into return mail. Let's face it--these can't be that expensive to manufacture. Excellent customer service is the way to capitalize on the G2, the way to gain customers who will love them and defend them forever.

I'm not talking out of my hat here. I know another manufacturer in Memphis who has had that philosophy, and event though their products aren't the best money can buy, they are known for the delivery guy handing the replacement to the customer with one hand and collecting the broken item with the other hand. Their customers are as fervent as Mormons. And I'm one of them.

Taurus could be that way.
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Because of the people here. I'd stay here if this was the cheddar cheese forum and I was lactose intolerant.
    Good man!
    GhostHorse likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links