Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: What is a collection?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18757 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    Yes I would consider Your 7 1911s to be a collection and also Your 3 Glocks, 4 Sigs and 5 Rugers because they are all the same model and You seem to be attempting to assemble a collection.
    I have a Friend who buys nothing except Colt Revolvers, He keeps single action and double action models separate, if You try to offer Him anything else in trade He will look at You like You are crazy and not even entertain Your offer.
    No, not the same MODEL but they are of the same manufacturer. I do have two Ruger revolvers, one Carbine and two LCP models.

I really would like to know why the Curio and Relics model guns, which are supposed to be models > 100 years old, don’t include 1911s or SAAs since both designs are over 100 years old.
    BangBang likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    5740 times
    The curio and relic designation for firearms States that anything over 50 years old is considered a curio or collectible. That means that anything manufactured before 1968 is considered a curio or relic. The problem is that just like many firearm rules A lot of dealers and sellors are not aware of the rules and will not as they see it take a Chance and ship a gun of that age as a C&R.

Sometimes, if you explain to the dealer that the gun you're looking at is a C&R item they will agree to sell it as such. However, don't expect many of them to do it on their own.

A fire arm that is over 100 years old is considered an antique and can be sold with no paperwork of any kind

Don
    Lomax likes this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    6147 times
    I just have a bunch of different guns, call them what ever you want.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19081 times
    I used to use the word "inventory" when making reference to my little "collection" or number of firearms. For some reason however the term "inventory" sounded more like a red flag than using "collection" on social media.

Of course, now that I am down to only owning 2 I refer to them as "#1" and "#2".
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    I have often heard that "Change is Good". If this is a fact, why does history tend to repeat itself so often. I'm guessing that it is so we can learn from our mistakes that change is good?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30587 times
    Social media? If I did ANY social media beyond gun boards I'd HATE guns, they're evil, designed to kill people. Fortunately, I don't do social media.

Posting the fact that I own over 60 firearms on Facebook would be stupid. Dumb enough that I do it here, but at least I'm surrounded by folks that own lots of guns when I post here.

I've never even been on Facebook.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    26074 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Social media? If I did ANY social media beyond gun boards I'd HATE guns, they're evil, designed to kill people. Fortunately, I don't do social media.

Posting the fact that I own over 60 firearms on Facebook would be stupid. Dumb enough that I do it here, but at least I'm surrounded by folks that own lots of guns when I post here.

I've never even been on Facebook.
    well GUN Lovers and a lot of us Dumb people here as well!----
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    To paraphrase an old saying, wherever two or more are gathered together, a collection is present.

I'd say if you use the term collection, you are probably trying to hide the exact number from your wife and/or you have a serious problem. I'll be interested to see your collection of answers on this one...
    and PLEASE, when I die, do NOT tell my wife what I REALLY paid for all those weapons in my collection!!!
    GhostHorse and bonewisperer like this.
    Guns are like tattoos - you can't have just one.....
    ....and besides, it's none of the government's business anyway.

USN 9/64-1/84 E-6 CRYPTOLOGIC DIRECT SUPPORT OPERATOR

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I would add that if you have certain rare models and types that are of a certain period, or just very rare pieces... maybe even all of them are engraved- that could be called a collection. Generally what the media calls an 'arsenal' or a 'weapons cache'- is what they confiscated in a raid or arrest..

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    A collection could be everything in your gun safe, or closet, if that's where you keep them.....
    or...
    A collection could be an assortment of one of every type of weapon in a single caliber (e.g. I have a collection of .308's)

With so many hand-wringing, left-leaning, tattle-tale snowflakes snooping around, I certainly wouldn't ever list or show
    any or all of any collection I may or may not have.....no sense providing the other side with free ammo..........
    Guns are like tattoos - you can't have just one.....
    ....and besides, it's none of the government's business anyway.

USN 9/64-1/84 E-6 CRYPTOLOGIC DIRECT SUPPORT OPERATOR

Member #
    Liked
    30851 times
    If you have one or more themes and it guides at least some of your purchases, you have a collection.

I am working on a Colt collection, with a specialization in imperfect guns that show they were really used for their intended purpose. My classic Cobra ("classic" to differentiate it from the reintroduced Cobra) has a couple of letters and some numbers scratched into the backstrap of the frame. That wasn't bought to hold down the safe; someone bought it and carried it because it would save their life if they needed it to. I only have one Colt that's anything like a safe queen, and that's my Diamondback, which I added because of this particular revolver's connection to the city where I was born. I often picture having a much more complete collection and showing someone the progression from the Police Positive to the last generation of Detective Special.

I also like snubnose revolvers, and small carry guns, but I have yet to buy a snu- wait, that's why I bought my non-View. So I guess I have a snubnose revolver collection too! A very small one, but you've gotta start somewhere!

One exception to my (and judging by this thread, others') definition of collection would be a "one of everything" collection. No particular brand, no particular mission (hunting, concealed carry, or some other mission), just "here's a hunting rifle. Here's a concealed carry semi-auto. Here's a target revolver. Here's a bolt action handgun. Here's a pump action shotgun. Here's a bolt action...." That's still a collection, with "as broad as possible" being the theme.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links