30 Teachers Train to be Armed in the Classroom. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: 30 Teachers Train to be Armed in the Classroom.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19461 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    Yea, personally I think this may be a better option.
    IF you remove the no carry/ no havey on school property then you open up a lot of possibilities for the bad guys. I mention this as it may not be a issue in many areas but here it is.
    1) Georgia Tech is an intown college, its got several areas around it that are very undesirable and the occupants and general scum bags were aware of the law preventing students form carrying on campus and so would lie in wait at the outer bounderary of the college grounds, kind of like putting up a tree stand on a known Deer trail and waiting for a victim to wander out.
    2) and of course the infamous Black college campus of Morehouse, Spellman is right in the middle of one of the worse areas in hotlanta.
    neither one of these campuses are secured to the level that outsiders can't wander in as many are public city streets that go through them.
    You hit the nail on this one. Ga Tech, actually a nice engineering college, is smack dab in the middle of downtown ATL and there are no less than 3 armed muggings on campus/year.

UGA, my old stomping grounds, is on the edge of Athens city limits and they have their own campus PD; Not sure if Ga Tech has its own police force but they should. In fact, Athens, Ga (Clarke County) has more law enforcement agencies than most large cities. Athens PD, UGA PD, Clarke Co Sheriff Dept, Clarke County PD and a Ga State Patrol office on the east side of the county!
    olfarhors and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    26540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    You hit the nail on this one. Ga Tech, actually a nice engineering college, is smack dab in the middle of downtown ATL and there are no less than 3 armed muggings on campus/year.

UGA, my old stomping grounds, is on the edge of Athens city limits and they have their own campus PD; Not sure if Ga Tech has its own police force but they should. In fact, Athens, Ga (Clarke County) has more law enforcement agencies than most large cities. Athens PD, UGA PD, Clarke Co Sheriff Dept, Clarke County PD and a Ga State Patrol office on the east side of the county!
    well Georgia tech and the Atlanta university complex both had a police force.
    But as you are likely aware Atlanta is a very spread out city, not like up North for sure or even other mid west/ western coast cities.
    heck with Atlantas land area in a lot of cities the population wound exceed 6=7 Million folks.
    anyway GA Tech is really spread out and with the public access through so many parts of the campus its a problem for law enforcement.
    course years and years ago those blue collar areas that people worked in the Steel Mill and Stockyards were all nice and peaceful, not that way now as those businesses are long gone.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    ahh??
    wouldn't a bullet resistive door with bullet resistive glass be a better idea?
    I mean you are talking about mega bucks to build such a system of back doors, as well as the astronomical cost to update standing structures.
    think of how many schools are 2 story , some taller.
    and then you get into Fire Codes, you can't just dump large numbers of individuals out into one area.
    there are laws(codes) that regulate how large the openings must be to allow exit of a certain number of people in a certain amount of time , you can not exit people into or adjacent to a dangerous area, the list goes on and on.
    FIRE is the largest consideration in schools and medical facilities and loss of life I am pretty sure in schools still way outpaces shootings.
    After a mass shooting in which the shooter pulled a fire alarm in order to create panic, a local news station checked into how many students and teachers have died from school fires in Ohio, the results were surprising. It had been decades since Ohio had a significant school fire and the casualty numbers were low compared to mass shootings.

I found this link that mentions fire alarms and school shootings.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...tate-an-attack
    olfarhors likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    So, will the armed teachers be highly visible? Open carrying?

Ga has Campus Carry and no advanced training or certification required to participate. The only requisite is that you can ONLY conceal carry on campus; and have to have your GWCL.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSo View Post
    The only thing wrong with this is that they are identifying the armed teachers. Takes away the element of surprise. If the BG knows which targets are threats to his plan and neutralizes them first, the rest is mop-up. The implementation should be to make the sheepdogs indistinguishable from the sheep.
    The problem with this debate I think is a lot of people are seriously misinterpreting what the President was calling for. I really think the idea was just to remove the restrictions on concealed carry at public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    It's a great idea provided there a screening so the right teachers end up being the armed teachers. If you're going to cower and hide while others are being killed or if you want to whip out your sidearm for the smallest of things, I don't want you to be the one chosen.
    I don't think that is right. If you're allowed to carry concealed in regular life you should be allowed to do so at work in the school system. If you look at statistics, concealed weapon permit holder commit less crimes than police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    So this is what our society has come to. Armed teachers in the classrooms and armed guards at the church doors. Geesh, where has civility gone? Pretty sad commentary for a non-war zone if you ask me. When are we going to take a hard look at ourselves and ask What The Heck is going on? The Human Race sure is a violent bunch.

Don't get me wrong, I love my heritage and I love my guns but we really need to stop killing each other. It's only early Saturday nigh on July 4th weekend and I've already seen the shot and killed count in Chicago! Very sad indeed.
    Humanity evolved from tribal predators. Some folk may have evolved farther than others, but that's where we came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemakr40 View Post
    Think back to times before the 80's. It was very common especially around hunting seasons to see trucks all over school parking lots with rifles or shotgun in gun racks. Students would often times stow their long guns in their lockers and many schools had shooting clubs on school grounds. So is this what society has become? Yes. This is the direct result of indoctrination in the education system, the destruction of the household family structure and removing religion from prominence. The Libs have been pushing for this goal since at least the 30's and they have been incrementally making small steps forward. To be brutally honest with you, we can never go back by righting the ship. there's too much damage that's already been done to the collective consciousness. you have to wipe the slate clean and start again with a proper set of goals that cannot be bastardized or scrapped because someone's feelings get hurt. Because the left has been unopposed in their march forward, they're making full court presses knowing that even if there is resistance, it will only take away some of their progress. They've still retain most of it though. Until there are brutal consequences for the attacks on our Great Republic, it will fall the way every other empire in history has. Sadly, our conservative brethren lack the backbone to fight for it day in and day out except for platitudes spoken to the unwashed masses.
    It is all about public schools. Parents today send their kids off with strangers employed by the government. While your kids are at school the are legally ward of the state. People have become so un-involved with their own children that children grow up with totally different values than their parents. It is funny, people go on about "this generation" being stupid or whatever.... you're their parents. If this generation is a bunch of half-wits it is because you didn't do a very good job teaching them not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    The first step should be removing schools from the no carry zones in most states. This way any person permitted to carry in that state can carry in schools. Visiting parents, teachers, other school staff. Make it a big unknown on who may or may not be carrying.
    Makes me think of some article I read and the lady was going on and on about 'what if a kid steals the teachers gun'. It is just a person with a CCW is all. If you wanna know what will happen, look at the millions of people who already carry. A bad guy taking a gun from a CCW holder almost never happens.

Actually, Ga has taken a step in this direction - well, two steps.

We now allow armed GWCL carriers to carry onto local school grounds but they can’t hang out all day.
    We also passed Campus Carry a few years back.
    Concealed Carriers are allowed to carry on school property in Oregon. Has been that way for a long time.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    3794 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Humanity evolved from tribal predators. Some folk may have evolved farther than others, but that's where we came from..
    Yes that very well may be were we came from but it is not were we are today. Sadly we as a society are regressing! Back to our Tribes!
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    I still say whether the teachers are armed or not, part of the plan should be to put a back door into every classroom, activated by the teacher's cypher code or remotely from the principal's office.

It's still a tactical booby prize to be cornered --whether armed or not--with 30 absolutely nuts children in the room and a heavily armed murderer on the other side of the door. I'd like it much better if they can be getting out of the room behind me while I've got the muzzle toward the front door.

A back door. That's not rocket science.
    Well, that might cut into the "sports program budget", to do something like that. Can't have that.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Yes that very well may be were we came from but it is not were we are today. Sadly we as a society are regressing! Back to our Tribes!
    Look at Chicago and other major cities with massive gang problems. That is entirely what a street gang is. A primitive tribe, and mob mentality. Hell bent on killing the other tribe over meaningless symbols. Society may have laid dormant some of humanities urges, but they're there. When a person you don't like get their comeuppance and you're satisfied, that is ancient humanity speaking to you.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    26540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    After a mass shooting in which the shooter pulled a fire alarm in order to create panic, a local news station checked into how many students and teachers have died from school fires in Ohio, the results were surprising. It had been decades since Ohio had a significant school fire and the casualty numbers were low compared to mass shootings.

I found this link that mentions fire alarms and school shootings.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...tate-an-attack
    Yes I am sure, its about the same nationwide.
    the reason???-- because society here addressed the problem of school/ hospital fires and the loss of life.
    this has not effectively happened in the shooting scenario yet.
    I would point out however none of the plans typically involved adding back doors to class rooms in the case of fire, you improve the building construction and current exit ways.
    I just do not see where dumping civilians and children out into unsecure areas when you have a active shooter going on helps anything as an accomplice can easily be waiting there for the prey to come to them and no real sheep dog to protect them.
    also as in a fire drill the teachers are instructed to bring the daily roster with them and take a head count, so the responders are not looking for lil Johnny that may have been sick that day and no one knows for sure, as in a shooter situation a good head count means a lot to responders.
    again we can look to those experts in these fields for answers--like Israel maybe?
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Look at Chicago and other major cities with massive gang problems. That is entirely what a street gang is. A primitive tribe, and mob mentality. Hell bent on killing the other tribe over meaningless symbols. Society may have laid dormant some of humanities urges, but they're there. When a person you don't like get their comeuppance and you're satisfied, that is ancient humanity speaking to you.
    Bingo! There is no "New Man", it's still the same old miserable human nature...this will never change, until we're all gone.
    Nimbly likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    Bingo! There is no "New Man", it's still the same old miserable human nature...this will never change, until we're all gone.
    Oh, I think we will evolve beyond our petty differences at some point. I just think we are still a long way off. That is why I look at things like the European Union, and the United Nations and think it is all a bad idea. Globalism is a bad idea, nobody outside of America cares about what is best for America.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links