Pistols Made From a Meteorite
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Pistols Made From a Meteorite

Member #
    Liked
    20257 times

Pistols Made From a Meteorite

777Driver, kruizer, darbo and 3 others like this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    30867 times
    If I had the money, MAYBE...

If they had also been carefully manufactured. But it sure as heck sounds like they took a chunk of meteorite, machined it into a 1911 shape, and there you go. I'd need to see a LOT of materials testing results about the meteorite metal before I'd trust them. And no, the 35 rounds they fired through them don't answer the mail. Metallurgy is a serious, complex technical pursuit for a reason.

Granted, they probably won't be anyone's daily carry, and I could see how someone would think this was so cool they'd sell one of their less-favorite islands to own them. But for me, I'd rather they'd have used the meteorite to make bar stock that met a good pistol metal spec, and worked from that.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    4620 times
    I've placed my bid already.
    Rossi and darbo like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1001 times
    4.5 billion years old?
    That number sounds familiar.
    Don't they now estimate that our solar system was created 4.5 billion years ago?
    So couldn't I dig up a rock in my backyard, shape it into a gun, and sell it for 1.5 million bucks?
    Where's my shovel?
    230JHP, Yissnakk and OldJack like this.

Member #
    Liked
    563 times
    Why do i need that when i got a pocket full of kryptonite.

Yeah, Lois Lane you don't need no Superman
    Come on downtown and stay with me tonight
    I got a pocket full of kryptonite
    I can't believe my dilemma is real
    I'm competing with the man of steel.
    darbo and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Pretty cool, but I'd need Visa to up my credit limit.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46204 times
    That is cool.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18774 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    If I had the money, MAYBE...

If they had also been carefully manufactured. But it sure as heck sounds like they took a chunk of meteorite, machined it into a 1911 shape, and there you go. I'd need to see a LOT of materials testing results about the meteorite metal before I'd trust them. And no, the 35 rounds they fired through them don't answer the mail. Metallurgy is a serious, complex technical pursuit for a reason.

Granted, they probably won't be anyone's daily carry, and I could see how someone would think this was so cool they'd sell one of their less-favorite islands to own them. But for me, I'd rather they'd have used the meteorite to make bar stock that met a good pistol metal spec, and worked from that.
    They didn’t rush them. They evaluated the metallurgical detail of the meteorites and cut accordingly to hit the physical stress points in a 1911.

They earned their $4.5 Million price tag
    Kevin Keith likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    5740 times
    The link that was put up by the original poster is actually old news. That article was from the early part of last year. The company that made the guns, Cabot guns, Produced one perfectly matched left and right pair. They put them up for auction and they did not sell. The guns are still available on the Cabot website under their oak custom built gun page. They are still advertise for sale at 4.5 million for The matched pair and they report that the guns will be backup for auction shortly.

Cab firearms manufactures Some of the if not the highest quality 1911s ever built. To believe that a company of this caliber, dealing with a customer base a very important people would simply grab a piece of meteorite cut it out in the shape of a 1911 and there you go let's sell it for four and a 1/2 million dollar Is ludicrous. If there were any manufacturing or quality issues with these 2 guns in the circles that Cabot guns runs in they would be ruined. I am sure they have taken every precaution .....

Don
    oso likes this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    32824 times
    I'd wait a few years......to see how many of the people that came into contact with those things are still alive or haven't mutated into some reptilian creature, before I'd be tossin' up any bids.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links