Pistols Made From a Meteorite - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Pistols Made From a Meteorite

Member #
    Liked
    4774 times
    Probably just interstellar Zamak. Not +P rated. Better to just throw it at the brain eating aliens when they arrive. They'll think its Kryptonite.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Arms Undercover .38 Spc - Mossberg Mav88 Pistol Grip - Mossberg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever H001 .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip Holster - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    32827 times
    It's all fun and games 'til someone grows a third eye........
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    3791 times
    I've got a ring made from that same meteorite. Very interesting pattern that looks a lot like some kind of rare Damascus. As for the guns, well they are stunners for sure, but those are something you put behind glass and admire only. Glad to know they are fully functional, but those were never made with the idea that someone would be taking them to the range every weekend.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    If Fred Flintstone had stumbled upon that meteorite he'd have been packing those in 1911 BC instead of his Safe Queen.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    6155 times
    I have seen the guns on a TV series called "gun stories". They are cool looking but out of my price range for sure.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    30883 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Cab firearms manufactures Some of the if not the highest quality 1911s ever built. To believe that a company of this caliber, dealing with a customer base a very important people would simply grab a piece of meteorite cut it out in the shape of a 1911 and there you go let's sell it for four and a 1/2 million dollar Is ludicrous. If there were any manufacturing or quality issues with these 2 guns in the circles that Cabot guns runs in they would be ruined. I am sure they have taken every precaution .....

Don
    Well, the story sure works hard to give that exact impression, with their photo of a chunk of rock on a machining deck.

And how, exactly, would they have taken every precaution? What testing would they do to ensure the metallurgical qualities are consistent throughout the volume of the material? I'd bet that among the circles you refer to, they are being very explicit about "there's no way to be 100% sure of the materials, so it's remarkable enough to have gotten them through the 35 test shots" and banking on Zen's very accurate observation that no one would ever take them to the range on any regular basis.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    I honestly don't care for the look of them, they look less like real guns and more like models. Also, the fact that they were crafted from.a 4.5 Million-year-old Meteor does nothing for me. If I had millions of dollars to burn and was in the market for a custom 1911 constructed from some rare mineral that is of dubious structural integrity to withstand being fired regularly, then I would have one custom made from Diamond or something. On second thought, no I wouldn't, that would be a disgusting waste of resources, I'd sooner donate the same amount to charity and just buy a run-of-the-mill 1911.

That being said, how long do you suppose it will be before folks get the bright idea to have Llama 1911s custom Cerakoted with the same pattern as that meteorite and attempt to pass them off as genuine? I can see the Auction Listing now...

RARE Meteorite* 1911 Pistol SHIPS FREE!!!
    [Place Bid] [BUY NOW - $10,000]
    A RARE, one-of-a-kind** Custom 1911 with Polished Meteor Finish, available for a limited time for the ULTRA-low price of $10,000! Ships Free from Bubba's Gun & Pawn Emporium of Total Bargain Madness.
    *Custom Cerakote® Finish modeled after the pattern of the Meteorite 1911s offered by CAB Firearms
    **Availability subject to change
    Kevin Keith and GhostHorse like this.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1489 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Well, the story sure works hard to give that exact impression, with their photo of a chunk of rock on a machining deck.

And how, exactly, would they have taken every precaution? What testing would they do to ensure the metallurgical qualities are consistent throughout the volume of the material? I'd bet that among the circles you refer to, they are being very explicit about "there's no way to be 100% sure of the materials, so it's remarkable enough to have gotten them through the 35 test shots" and banking on Zen's very accurate observation that no one would ever take them to the range on any regular basis.

Watch the episode of Gun Stories as mentioned and all your concerns will be answered. Unless you happen to be an expert in metallurgy and or a scientist. I am sure Cabot Guns and Lou at Business End Customs know what they are doing.
    BangBang likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18787 times
    Hell, I’d buy them if I could afford them. And, if I could afford ‘em, I’d shoot ‘em!
    jwc007 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    19833 times
    Not really my cup of tea, but you have to admire the talent of the Gunsmith who built them!

Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Why do i need that when i got a pocket full of kryptonite.

Yeah, Lois Lane you don't need no Superman
    Come on downtown and stay with me tonight
    I got a pocket full of kryptonite
    I can't believe my dilemma is real
    I'm competing with the man of steel.
    It should also be noted that long term exposure to Kryptonite Radiation was found to be toxic to Terran Humans as well.
    Lex Luthor developed Cancer from it. You might want to get that Kryptonite out of your pocket!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links