What targets do you use? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: What targets do you use?

Member #
    Liked
    6733 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHIZOID View Post
    I use Shoot-n-See at the indoor range. Buy them in bulk from eBay. Just paid $14 total for 160 5". They are self stick & show up quite well for my old eyes.

Have 6 8" steel plates & various other reactive targets at my cabin.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/64...ullseye-target
    That's a nice-looking set-up you've got there. Hope you've gotten to work some of the new off of it.

Is there an advantage to using rubber straps instead of chains to hang the targets?
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    1167 times
    The straps are pretty much SELF HEALING. Hit a chain once & it's done. Another idea is to use old reinforced fire hose. Google it, real cheap on eBay & such.

Once you shoot steel, nothing else seems worth the effort. The RING & seeing it move is a real blast. No more walking to see if you hit.

I'm getting ready to set up a near 80 yd. range up there. Property is only 99 feet wide but is quite deep. Will be setting it up on a diagonal.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS

60 AND COUNTING

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1517 times
    Quote Originally Posted by se3388 View Post
    I usually use one I downloaded from the net that has 4 circles with bullseyes on them. A friend of mine uses bulk typing paper and a bingo marker to put a couple of black dots on them, I have used some several times and they seem to work pretty good.

Steve...……..
    What is typing paper???? Just kidding. Have not herd printer paper called that in a very long time.
    Fishinkeylargo and olfarhors like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26512 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHIZOID View Post
    The straps are pretty much SELF HEALING. Hit a chain once & it's done. Another idea is to use old reinforced fire hose. Google it, real cheap on eBay & such.

l.
    Interesting and yep that should work!
    the biggest use for old fire hose in these parts is as a bumper on a boat dock.
    back a few years ago the hose was double cotton jacket with a thick rubber liner, now days its almost all a synthetic weave fabric so it really doesn't mildew or rot either!
    we use to have to pull it off the fire engine and load fresh hose on it to prevent rot and mildew and change the folds in it, now days that really never done.
    course I worked at Fire Stations that always laid the hose out in a 30 day period almost always!
    you know just in case any of you guys are on who wants to be a millionaire and that's one of the questions!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links