WallyWorld Demands I.D. to Purchase Ammo - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree280Likes

Thread: WallyWorld Demands I.D. to Purchase Ammo

Member #
    Liked
    787 times
    I don't have a problem with it and don't see why anyone else would. Walmart asked me for ID a few years ago from a kid that could have been my grandson but I didn't care. When I check out ammo at any place, they ask for my date of birth so the register will let it proceed. Yous have to get your wallet out to pay for the ammo so what's the deal with showing ID?
    Rickenbacher39 and Old_Sp5 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20278 times
    Quote Originally Posted by funflyer View Post
    All the Walmart employee is going to do is punch your birth date into the register to complete the sale. So relax, nobody is going to track your ammo purchase and follow you in a black SUV.
    Well, you just blew a hole in that conspiracy.
    And the SUV is dark blue, not black........
    funflyer likes this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    32837 times
    Personally, I will only expend a minimal effort in an attempt to get someone to take my hard earned money and walmart just puts up too much of a fight.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    244 times
    Not Federal but I pruchased 1000 rounds of Winchester 115gr in 200 round boxes for $39.99 per box at Academy maybe not as good but great for target ammo and no one asked me for an ID took the first two boxes to range yesterday and all went bang with no failures.
    rollin thunder likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    26102 times
    WOW! how times change!
    back in the 80's when a new wally world opened in Stockbridge they got their FFL pulled for not checking ID when selling ammo more than a few times.
    course some of the sales were like 15 year olds too!
    then there was the loss of a couple three guns and no one seemed to know where they went.
    kschilk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6506 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I don't care how stoopid the clerk is, when they look at me, they won't see someone who resembles a 20 year old. I take it the other clerks just type in any birth date to suffice.
    I've never been asked for ID to purchase ammo.

ETA: it doesn't say they are going to card you. It states they'll not sell ammo to someone under 21.

Do you still get carded when you buy alcohol? I doubt that you do.
    A few years back I was working one of the concessions at the local pro football stadium -- a fundraiser scheme the vendor had to get low-cost labor while saying they were supporting local athletic teams.

Anywho -- the policy was ALL alcohol sales required photo proof of age. No exceptions, even if the person was your grandfather coming to the counter. Failure to require photo proof of age would result in the clerk being dismissed, and could result in the team being excluded from fundraising.

It wasn't based on logic. It was based on having an iron-clad rule they could point to, and not having to rely on the judgement or integrity of a minion putting the vendor in a liability jam.

I suspect the Wally World ID situation you described was much the same.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    32837 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    WOW! how times change!
    back in the 80's when a new wally world opened in Stockbridge they got their FFL pulled for not checking ID when selling ammo more than a few times.
    course some of the sales were like 15 year olds too!
    then there was the loss of a couple three guns and no one seemed to know where they went.
    Yes they have. I used to get boxes of 22lr from my science teacher in high school, he also ran a LGS out of his home. All we had to do is tell him how many we wanted and he'd bring them in the next day. We just went to his classroom before homeroom or between classes to pick them up. ...he never asked for any ID.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    7780 times
    I haven't bought ammo at WW in a while until recently.I always look when I go there(not that often).Usually nothing I need or a good enough deal to warrant me buying it.Couple of weeks ago they has some CCI stinger .22 ammo so I bought a couple of boxes to throw on the shelf.They asked for id and I obliged.Doesn't bother me in the least.
    I am already on any list they have.
    Sekol, Old_Sp5 and william like this.
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the .45

Member #
    Liked
    47416 times
    Why don't they card you for beer and wine? That's a law. ID for ammo is a store policy.
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    1001 times
    If he was just required to check my birthdate (like a bartender), I'd have no problem.
    If he was going to scan my ID, or enter my name into a database, BIG PROBLEM!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links