Would you buy a gun with known problem? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Would you buy a gun with known problem?

Member #
    Liked
    25787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyh982 View Post
    I will throw in my experience with my Glock 42, I traded for a Glock 42 last year, this thing was a piece of junk, light primer strikes, failures to feed, failures to eject, I called Glock and they said send it in. I wasn't the original owner, it had a aftermarket trigger with a safety in it, when talking with them I gave them the serial number and it was a few years old. I fully expected to pay to have it fixed and told them that, I shipped it on a Friday and had it back in my hands the next Friday, NO CHARGE they not only fixed it but replaced non factory parts with factory Glock parts and sent all the aftermarket parts back in a little baggie.

I tell you guys, you just have to see how Glock does with customer Service!
    I don't even really care for Glock , don't own one but their business ideas sure are top notch!
    I mean go to official shoots in various locations its not unusual to see Glock Armores wandering around looking for Glocks to replace worn stuff or fix problems.
    they are almost like Military Jehovah Witnesses I tell ya.
    always giving away trinket and stuff with of course GLOCK on them.
    had several friends (I don't claim them in Public) that just took the Glock to Smyrna, talked to the desk person, out comes a Gun Smith-- whats the problem?
    Ok do you want to wait on the gun or maybe go grab a bite to eat as it will take me like 30 minutes to fix the gun.
    I wonder IF Taurus is going to do this when they get located here in Georgy???
    so whats the problem sir??
    Ok well do you want to wait on the Spectrum or maybe go collect your Social Security checks as it will be about 10 years before the parts come in to fix your gun???
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30375 times
    My main gripe with Taurus has always been the fact that you can't even BUY a part from 'em, not that I've had to, but a little flat spring on my Ruger broke, magazine release return spring. In TWO DAYS Ruger had one in my mail box free of charge after I called 'em. WOW! I was back at the range that day. Same with Kel Tec. My P11 is the first gen. The extractor has been redesigned, no matter. When it finally broke about 10 years ago, I contacted Kel Tec via their site and in less than a week, the part was in my mail box. I installed it and have been shooting ever since. If you need a spring or something for a Taurus, well, send it to 'em and hope you'll see it again in this decade. I really don't understand that.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10059 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    My main gripe with Taurus has always been the fact that you can't even BUY a part from 'em, not that I've had to, but a little flat spring on my Ruger broke, magazine release return spring. In TWO DAYS Ruger had one in my mail box free of charge after I called 'em. WOW! I was back at the range that day. Same with Kel Tec. My P11 is the first gen. The extractor has been redesigned, no matter. When it finally broke about 10 years ago, I contacted Kel Tec via their site and in less than a week, the part was in my mail box. I installed it and have been shooting ever since. If you need a spring or something for a Taurus, well, send it to 'em and hope you'll see it again in this decade. I really don't understand that.
    There was a time about 2 CEOs ago, that I was getting that kind of service from Taurus.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    And that is the main reason why my semi-autos all have the "Ruger" name on them. Of course, being built in nearby Prescott, Arizona is another reason. Between the Taurus/Carter Settlement issues, lack of parts, and my experience with customer service, I really can't buy a Taurus any longer.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    There are a lot of LEO Glock Trade Ins hitting the market. Before you spend hard earned money on someone else's problem, check out the large quantity of 9mm, .40, and .45's at pretty reasonable prices. AIM has them plus many others.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The no trigger reset is typically because the trigger spring is broken or has fallen off, at least on the gen 4 and prior. The trigger will be loose and you can reset it by pushing it forward. Unless the frame is broken or somehow got warped, I don't see how the frame would affect trigger reset.
    Unless the pistol was damaged by the user, Glock seems to be willing to repair its products. I have had a Glock armorer at a match replace the firing pin, all the springs, connector and the return spring on a G26 that developed a binary trigger. He also gave me my old parts back. No charge, just wanted the pistol to function properly.
    olfarhors likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    And that is the main reason why my semi-autos all have the "Ruger" name on them. Of course, being built in nearby Prescott, Arizona is another reason. Between the Taurus/Carter Settlement issues, lack of parts, and my experience with customer service, I really can't buy a Taurus any longer.
    I've always liked Ruger, great quality at a reasonable price through innovative design and production processes. But, in recent years, they're all into striker guns. I won't buy one. I have a PT145, but don't like it, prefer not to have to remember a safety and I won't buy a striker gun with no safety. That PT145 is fat and has a tiny safety which is hard to even reach on the draw, slows me way down. Never had that problem with 1911s I've owned. My Rugers are older P guns I bought in the early 90s, a P85 and my favorite, a KP90DC. I've owned a couple of Ruger DA revolvers, have several Blackhawks, an Old Army, and a Mark 2 and SR22....and my stainless 10/22 squirrel getter.

I had a P95 for a while, but ever once in 100 rounds, it'd fail to feed. Never figured that out, traded it in on a Taurus M85SSUL which I still carry. The two revolvers were a Security Six and a SP101. I liked the SP101 and did a trigger job on it, put a Hogue grip on it. I'd bought it from my SIL with the promise of selling it back to him if he wanted it when he came back from his fourth tour of the sand box. Of course, he had money and bought it back when he got home....dang it. I did not get along with that Security Six at all. It was rougher on my hand than the SP101 by a long shot and it was not that accurate with .38s, though it shot fine with .357s. I traded it even up for a 6.5" .357 Blackhawk which I still have and like a lot. My mid 90s Taurus 66 is a much better shooter than that old Security Six and suits me much better.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 06-12-2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    10059 times
    A number of years ago I was looking through the Bargain Bin at Cabelas and found a Red Dot that was essentially broke, I don't even remember what was wrong with it, but no one wanted it, so the price kept falling. The thing was made by a company called Vortex, a SPARC if I remember. Well I checked and Vortex, a fairly unknown company back then, had a no questions asked return policy and this was a new item that probably got knocked off the shelf, or something. I think I gave them $50 for it and immediately sent it back to Vortex Customer Service. A few weeks later, I got not just a new SPARC, but a SPARC II, the $200 new model.

So with this Glock G42, if I thought there was something beyond my ability to fix, I am pretty sure I could send it over to Glock and have it fixed. If they are being a little slow then I could get Ofarhors to called one of his cousins to get it fixed quickly, while I hold his beer, of course.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    25787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker627 View Post
    There are a lot of LEO Glock Trade Ins hitting the market. Before you spend hard earned money on someone else's problem, check out the large quantity of 9mm, .40, and .45's at pretty reasonable prices. AIM has them plus many others.

we have soo many Police agencies here that use glock that police trade ins are found quite readily at many places that supply the PDs in this area.
    we got a little Pawn shop just down the road that supposedly is like the 4-5 largest Glock seller in the usa , and its cause he is the middle man between glock and the PD Agencies in the contract sales, or at least he was a few years back.
    of course he also does a brisk off duty police trade as well as he gives the Blue Discount.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    4569 times
    Blue label price is $319 with 2 mags. If I paid $275 then $40 to ship it back I'm at $315. If there happened to be any charge for repair I'd be pushing the envelope. Only real benefit to this is the 4 extra mags and iwb holster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links