Would you buy a gun with known problem? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Would you buy a gun with known problem?

Member #
    Liked
    7478 times
    Yes, if the price is right. I love a challenge.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30383 times
    I bought a Beretta Minx from a friend for 100 bucks once. I knew it was a jammamatic, but thought I could make it work. Well, I was wrong. I wasn't going to mess with it anymore, so took it to a gun show and a dealer there gave me $125 for it. It ain't the only gun I've ever had problems with, but I'd actually fired it and messed with it trying to get it to work for my friend, so I knew something was wrong with it.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30383 times
    Oh, yeah, bought my 3" Taurus 66 from a dealer at a gun show. I checked it and it had a timing problem. I talked him down to $180. I really wanted the 3" barrel at the time. I knew I could send it back to Taurus, but really didn't want to. I took it home, took the side plate off, and found someone had assembled the side plate with the long screw that goes in the front hole to hold the crane in the wrong hole. I assembled it proper and, wow, perfect, and has been working for me ever since.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7200 times
    Two things stand out to me that make this a "no":
    - On Armslist, and
    - Frame issue that has to be repaired by Glock (allegedly).

Unless I can see it in my own two hands and with my own two eyes, I would pass.
    Now, if I could see it and determine after my inspection if it was something I could fix, then it might be worth it.

Buying someon else's problem blindly is a gamble I just prefer not to take.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    1683 times
    I might or might not buy one with a KNOWN problem, depends on the problem.
    I wouldn't touch one with an UNKNOWN problem. Been there, done that, ended up with an expensive wall hanger.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    ~ Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    471 times
    Nope, not by a dam sight. Not anymore. When i was younger i would settle for less with a fix. Now i settle for the best until it needs a fix. Life is shorter than you think. I have wasted time monkeying around with stuff when i could have been happy with stuff that worked.
    olfarhors and Desperado like this.

Member #
    Liked
    25799 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark38090 View Post
    There is a Glock 42 on Armslist that is listed at $275 with added night sights and 6 magazines. The listing says it had a frame issue that has to be repaired by Glock that causes the trigger not to reset properly. Glock only shows a one year warranty and I'm just wondering if it's worth the deal.
    ahhh- what can I say?
    Being from Glockville I can only say that it is NOT unusual for Glock to bend over backwards to make one of their weapons right for a customer.
    of course iN MY situation I can/could just run the gun out to the Glock Fantasyland and find out and look pitiful at the gunsmith for help.
    so I would suggest maybe contacting them and see what they will do for you.
    GreenWolf70 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Naaaaaaa! ETF said it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    Would I buy a gun with known problems? Not only NO but HELL NO. There are too many good guns out there to be sadling yourself with a potential disaster. Now I like a bargain as much as the next guy but somewhere and sometime common sense has to kick in and you just have to walk away from a "good deal".

Member #
    Liked
    18993 times
    First reading of your post I thought the repairs had been made. Second read I caught on repairs have not been made. I'll pass.

Member #
    Liked
    105 times
    I will throw in my experience with my Glock 42, I traded for a Glock 42 last year, this thing was a piece of junk, light primer strikes, failures to feed, failures to eject, I called Glock and they said send it in. I wasn't the original owner, it had a aftermarket trigger with a safety in it, when talking with them I gave them the serial number and it was a few years old. I fully expected to pay to have it fixed and told them that, I shipped it on a Friday and had it back in my hands the next Friday, NO CHARGE they not only fixed it but replaced non factory parts with factory Glock parts and sent all the aftermarket parts back in a little baggie.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links