Gunbroker communicatons between buyers and sellers?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeltaBravoKS

Thread: Gunbroker communicatons between buyers and sellers?

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times

Gunbroker communicatons between buyers and sellers?

Used to be when I wanted to ask a seller on gunbroker a question, I sent them the question and I could access their answer on the gunbroker site (as well as email.) NOW it appears that I can only access their response through my email. Can't get to the response on gunbroker anyway that I can see. Is this correct or am I just not negotiating the new gunbroker format properly? If it is correct, they made gunbroker less convenient, at least for me.

Member #
    Liked
    2200 times
    I think the receiver of the question has the option of making the question and answer public. If he does, it is appended to the listing. If your question lends value to the listing, he'll likely make it public. If it doesn't add value, he'll likely leave it private.

I'm about 50/50 for even getting a response. Many sellers just plain don't respond. I don't know if they are busy, don't know how to respond, or just trying to leave questions unresolved so they don't limit the value of their posting.
    Rossi likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7099 times
    Thanks for the input, DeltaBravoKS. I finally got a response from the seller, but not til after the auction ended. Item has been relisted, though. Generally I'd say most of my questions get responses, but not lately. Recently it's 50/50 like you say. I think maybe some people don't respond because they can't answer in a way that will sell the gun.

I seem to recall that gunbroker had a communication system that operated within gunbroker as well as being transmitted through email. Kind of like ebay. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remember. I'm guessing the seller was on gunbroker monitoring the final hours of the sale, and didn't get my message because he wasn't notified that he had an email from me. That's why I like the old system: sellers who on gunbroker at the tail end of an auction can answer last minute questions from bidders. Oh well.
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-09-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links