Deputy in uniform not allowed to pick up ring at jewerly store over no guns policy - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Deputy in uniform not allowed to pick up ring at jewerly store over no guns policy

Member #
    Liked
    5878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    It sounds like the manager was just following company policy. He may have a great lawsuit for being fired over following policy. Interesting the corporate office said they should have allow uniformed law enforcement. Apparently plainclothes officers will still have to disarm before going in.

Interesting that some think government agents should have privileges the rest of us don't!
    Well according to their statement, police officers are exempt from the no gun rule. If that is the case the employee is out of luck. I'm not sure where you saw the word uniformed. The company statement was "Our policy is that any member of law enforcement is always welcomed in our store at any time, as a customer or in an official capacity."

Now if I owned or ran a jewelry store I would put coffee and donuts out if it would keep armed policemen in my store!
    mark7mod0 and darbo like this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Well according to their statement, police officers are exempt from the no gun rule. If that is the case the employee is out of luck. I'm not sure where you saw the word uniformed. The company statement was "Our policy is that any member of law enforcement is always welcomed in our store at any time, as a customer or in an official capacity."

Now if I owned or ran a jewelry store I would put coffee and donuts out if it would keep armed policemen in my store!
    From the link, the company posted this:

"We have tremendous respect for law enforcement, and we thank the Office for bringing this to our attention. We will be sure to reinforce store training regarding our firearm policy with specific regard to uniformed law enforcement," [my emphasis]

I didn't see any quotation of any policy, but just comments that Kay's had posted online somewhere, this being one of them. It sounds like they may have (or change to) a policy allowing uniformed officers to bring in weapons. It sounds like they are showing some special accommodation for some government agents.

Member #
    Liked
    26965 times
    My favorite places have 2 signs posted generally-
    1) NO hoodies --No exceptions.
    2) Patrons may only wear 1 pair of pants when entering premises.
    both are good old boy Pawn Shops nearby.
    DeltaBravoKS, twolfe55 and darbo like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33563 times
    Signet is the parent company of Kays, Zales, Jareds and a few others. I was buying stuff at Jareds once and the lady asked if I wanted to put it on my account. I told her I'd never had an account with Jareds so she looked it up and said "Yes you do, you've had an account at Kays for almost 30 years". If you have an account at one, you have it at all of them.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20405 times
    ^^^^^^Was there a balance on the acct?^^^^^^

I know a lot of businesses put out their own “loyalty” cards AKA VISA or MasterCard backed “loyalty” cards. All they’re looking to do is get that 2-3% credit card charge for their own.

And, very few businesses will let you start a credit acct these days; those which do usually do it with credit card backing.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3251 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    It sounds like the manager was just following company policy. He may have a great lawsuit for being fired over following policy. Interesting the corporate office said they should have allow uniformed law enforcement. Apparently plainclothes officers will still have to disarm before going in.

Interesting that some think government agents should have privileges the rest of us don't!
    Yeah, I guess. Geez.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    232 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well actually a Certified law enforcement officer DOES have a certian right over joe average citizen, as does a Fire officer at or above a certain rank, and a Fire marshall, arson iverstigator and many others.
    this is here, not sure about your area?
    most I believe are required to be armed while on duty, only a few exceptions are made to this as I understand it, like in areas where prisoners are incarcerated, court rooms etc.
    Anyone wanting these additional rights well Atlanta PD is accepting applications right now, a few moths of training and edumacation and you could probally be there.
    All of the above applied to the Department I worked in as well, in Oklahoma. As I have stated before in other threads, LEO's have Legal and Moral Responsibilities and Mandates to respond to threats to the public, other officers, and themselves. I don't know if I would call it a Right. LEO's have certain "considerations" while on duty and off duty as well. A very small number of LEO's abuse those considerations and give a bad name to all the good ones.

My 2 Cents.
    slong115 and olfarhors like this.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    "There was an indoor gun range in Raleigh N.C. some years ago that closed up over a cop feeling he was above the rules.

Range rule, all guns have to be in a case when brought into the range. Cop came in with his on his belt. Owner told him
    to go back out and put it in a case. Cop refused. Cop didn't just refuse he started arguing with the owner about why HE
    should be exempt from the rule. Guy closed his range at that moment and never reopened. All it would take was ONE person
    not following the rules and someone getting hurt and the owner, not the cop, would be held to blame.

Was pretty sad. Guy had a NICE range. Clean. Well kept. Sold guns and accessories at reasonable prices.

All the Best,
    D. White"

That is the "MY HOUSE MY RULES" response..
    Last edited by Fatboy46; 06-14-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    delete
    Last edited by Fatboy46; 06-14-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    well actually a Certified law enforcement officer DOES have a certian right over joe average citizen, as does a Fire officer at or above a certain rank, and a Fire marshall, arson iverstigator and many others.
    this is here, not sure about your area?
    most I believe are required to be armed while on duty, only a few exceptions are made to this as I understand it, like in areas where prisoners are incarcerated, court rooms etc.
    Anyone wanting these additional rights well Atlanta PD is accepting applications right now, a few moths of training and edumacation and you could probally be there.
    Still, MY HOUSE MY RULES- at a private range. Officer should have just been an adult and left.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links