Deputy in uniform not allowed to pick up ring at jewerly store over no guns policy - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Deputy in uniform not allowed to pick up ring at jewerly store over no guns policy

Member #
    Liked
    5281 times
    There was an indoor gun range in Raleigh N.C. some years ago that closed up over a cop feeling he was above the rules.

Range rule, all guns have to be in a case when brought into the range. Cop came in with his on his belt. Owner told him
    to go back out and put it in a case. Cop refused. Cop didn't just refuse he started arguing with the owner about why HE
    should be exempt from the rule. Guy closed his range at that moment and never reopened. All it would take was ONE person
    not following the rules and someone getting hurt and the owner, not the cop, would be held to blame.

Was pretty sad. Guy had a NICE range. Clean. Well kept. Sold guns and accessories at reasonable prices.

All the Best,
    D. White
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    3284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    ...every kiss my arse, begins with Kay.

Was this a 21 y.o. anti cop manager, pulling a power play? Was it taking company policy, literally, to the letter? Or has N.C. gone fully psycho?
    If by company policy you mean that individual store, IDK. What I do know is the last time I was there my local Kay Jewelers does not have a "Victims disarm" sign, which in Ohio means they don't prohibit legal carry by customers even by people who are not cops. None of the other competing jewerly stores in their area prohibit legal CC either as far as I'm aware. (I haven't been to all of them though) The local store might prohibit their own employees from carrying (IDK) If they do, all that means is they are like 99% of all the other stores.

Member #
    Liked
    26121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I wear my gun when shopping the jewelry stores; same as with banks and all other sorts of stores and markets. Course, “No Firearms Allowed” signs don’t mean anything in Ga.

well thets cause most of us can't read them big wurds they use on them signs!
    Fatboy46 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    26121 times
    well actually a Certified law enforcement officer DOES have a certian right over joe average citizen, as does a Fire officer at or above a certain rank, and a Fire marshall, arson iverstigator and many others.
    this is here, not sure about your area?
    most I believe are required to be armed while on duty, only a few exceptions are made to this as I understand it, like in areas where prisoners are incarcerated, court rooms etc.
    Anyone wanting these additional rights well Atlanta PD is accepting applications right now, a few moths of training and edumacation and you could probally be there.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    2013 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    ...every kiss my arse, begins with Kay.

Was this a 21 y.o. anti cop manager, pulling a power play? Was it taking company policy, literally, to the letter? Or has N.C. gone fully psycho?
    Blue ribbon post of the month! You're now qualified for post of the year.

Member #
    Liked
    849 times
    My police dept required us to be armed while off-duty, too. I seem to remember that the rule only applied to while you were in the county where we were located. We were all deputized, too, even though we were not on the sheriff's dept. Of course, we were permitted to carry throughout the entire state and also adjoining states, too, as were officers from those states being allowed to carry in Michigan. This was back in the mid-late 1970's but I doubt things have changed about that.

I even had my CCW for about 10 yrs after leaving the department and this was back years before Michigan became a 'Shall Issue' state and obtaining a CCW permit was extremely hard to do. All I had to put on the form for my reason for requesting the CCW was 'Former Michigan police officer' and it was approved in about 1 day. Of course the people doing the processing knew nearly all of the officers and former officers of all the local departments, so that helped.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Member #
    Liked
    32853 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I wear my gun when shopping the jewelry stores; same as with banks and all other sorts of stores and markets. Course, “No Firearms Allowed” signs don’t mean anything in Ga.
    I have pistols, revolvers and rifles.......but none have the term "firearm" engraved on them anywhere. ...guess I don't own any firearms, whatever that might be.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    579 times
    My ccw is in a case. It's called a holster. It's no more a danger than at anytime as long as i don't take it out of the holster just as not taking it out of the case. Anybody that has a problem with that i have a problem with you. Your brain is wired wrong.

Member #
    Liked
    32853 times
    Every time I see or hear the term "firearm", I immediately think "flamethrower"......an' who the heck carries one of those things around?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    18866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Every time I see or hear the term "firearm", I immediately think "flamethrower"......an' who the heck carries one of those things around?
    Me.

Make: Bic
    Model: Flick
    Effective Range: 0.3 - 0.5 inches
    AKA: Flamethrower
    kschilk likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links