Goodbye GunBroker (app)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goodbye GunBroker (app)

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times

Goodbye GunBroker (app)

My Samsung Galaxy S5 is having problems, so I just received the Galaxy S7 I purchased last week on eBay. Once I did a factory reset and updated all the internal software, I went to putting my most used apps on the front home screen. For some reason, however, GunBroker was absent from my app list.

A quick Internet search found a statement from GunBroker dated three days ago. Both Apple and Android have removed the GunBroker app from their stores, because they violate their respective policies against promoting firearms and firearm sales. While there are still gun sounds and other auction apps that turn up in a search, GunBroker is gone. Apparently those of us who buy guns online aren't favored in the current app culture.

Happy shopping.
    777Driver and kruizer like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36692 times
    It's still possible to Google the site on Android...for now. Sure to make it more difficult to bid and follow action though.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    It's still possible to Google the site on Android...for now. Sure to make it more difficult to bid and follow action though.
    Yes, GB suggests using their web site (which I don't particularly like since the redesign) and their Android app is still available on some third-party site which requires you to install some other software (apparently). I used that app extensively and it will likely curtail some of my purchasing (which is probably not a bad thing).

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3574 times
    How is it that we allow 3rd party corporations control what the government defines as legal? If I used an Apple device, I would get rid of it, and boycott all Apple products, period. As for Google, I avoid using anything form them, unless absolutely necessary. Firefox has a web browser for Android devises, but it is tricky to install, as it blocks most of the google/android tracking functions. Cnet has the Firefox app and procedure to install. Once Firefox is installed the gun broker app can be backdoored in. I also recommend DuckDuckGo for your search engine... no tracking, minimal ads..

https://download.cnet.com/Mozilla-Fi...-75330349.html

https://download.cnet.com/GunBroker-...-76064794.html
    Let slip the dogs of War...
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Member #
    Liked
    2616 times
    Try this. Just searched for it, don't know if it will work, use at your own risk. It's only for Android.
    https://gunbroker.en.aptoide.com/
    Last edited by stupimlico; 06-06-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18278 times
    I’ve never used an app to buy a gun online. I just buy via their website in my browser - Safari with iPad in my case.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    Try this. Just searched for it, don't know if it will work, use at your own risk. It's only for Android.
    https://gunbroker.en.aptoide.com/
    I'm going to try to "back up" the app from my old phone and then install it on my new phone. If that doesn't work, I'll try Aptoide. It isn't my first choice, as I believe you have to install some Aptoide software and then the GunBroker app on top of it and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Whatever I end up doing, I'll post a follow-up here.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    I’ve never used an app to buy a gun online. I just buy via their website in my browser - Safari with iPad in my case.
    I use their web site extensively, but when I'm out and about I use the app. This past weekend I was bidding on a PT-58 while sitting at a college baseball game. It was handy to have the ability to do it right there. I may end up having to use the web site with the browser on my phone, but to me the app is easier to use than the browser.

Member #
    Liked
    5543 times
    Gunbroker can make the app available on their own website. I don't know why they don't just do that. Their crazy if they don't.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    Gunbroker can make the app available on their own website. I don't know why they don't just do that. Their crazy if they don't.
    I was kind of surprised at that, too. It sounds like they are taking it as an excuse to save some app development dollars and just go with their web site.

Anywho, I was able to transfer the app from my old phone to my new phone by installing SHAREit and following these instructions:
    https://www.wikihow.tech/Transfer-Ap...oid-to-Android

Hopefully that will help someone else that may be in the same boat. Not to be rude, but back to an auction...
    stupimlico likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC2639 View Post
    EXACTLY. The only hitch is that you have to enable installation of 3rd party apps that don't come from the Play Store. It is a security/privacy setting on your phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links