Goodbye GunBroker (app) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Goodbye GunBroker (app)

Member #
    Liked
    1678 times
    "... because they violate their respective policies against promoting firearms and firearm sales."

All the while raking in a double crap ton of revenue from games full of shootin', rapin', stabbin' and all other manners of extreme violence...
    Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
    ~ Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    3866 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S5 is having problems, so I just received the Galaxy S7 I purchased last week on eBay. Once I did a factory reset and updated all the internal software, I went to putting my most used apps on the front home screen. For some reason, however, GunBroker was absent from my app list.

A quick Internet search found a statement from GunBroker dated three days ago. Both Apple and Android have removed the GunBroker app from their stores, because they violate their respective policies against promoting firearms and firearm sales. While there are still gun sounds and other auction apps that turn up in a search, GunBroker is gone. Apparently those of us who buy guns online aren't favored in the current app culture.

Happy shopping.
    I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV, however, I would think even a modestly capable attorney could sue the stuffings out of organizations that deny service to a lawful business when other businesses are forced to deal with patrons that have practices that are abhorrent to them. Where are the lawyers that the NRA has been funneling mountains of cash to? A call to action if I have ever heard one.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    524 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbojama View Post
    How is it that we allow 3rd party corporations control what the government defines as legal?...
    Because it's a (semi-)free country?
    If you want the money out of politics take the power out of government.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC605 View Post
    EXACTLY. The only hitch is that you have to enable installation of 3rd party apps that don't come from the Play Store. It is a security/privacy setting on your phone.
    But you don't need to keep it enabled. Turn it on, download the Gunbrokenr app, then turn it off again.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    1366 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    But you don't need to keep it enabled. Turn it on, download the Gunbrokenr app, then turn it off again.
    This is true and a good point.
    I wasn't saying you had to LEAVE it enabled - just that you had to ENABLE it on to install anything NOT from the GooGoo Play Store.

Thanks for pointing that out - it is a good idea to disable it again afterwards since this this protects you from accidentally installing malware or ransomware or else something equally bad.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC605 View Post
    This is true and a good point.
    I wasn't saying you had to LEAVE it enabled - just that you had to ENABLE it on to install anything NOT from the GooGoo Play Store.

Thanks for pointing that out - it is a good idea to disable it again afterwards since this this protects you from accidentally installing malware or ransomware or else something equally bad.
    Something equally bad (in the eyes of Google) such as a [gasp] gun auction app!

Member #
    Liked
    35832 times
    So Gun Auctions USA, and Gunrunner Online Auctions are still available on Play Store...
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links