Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Wall-e I feel the same way about a major brand gun that you do about Taurus , that is I would NOT carry for my life or others
    ( and I'm not here to bash a brand name )
    But on that new brand name gun ( 3 times the price of a Taurus ) I took a 10lb hammer to it to be sure that a user would meet no harm

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7364 times
    I believe that is the difference between some people and others, how much they are willing to learn
    about firearms and those that just get a bad taste in their mouth..................
    Most want to buy a gun, tear the box open. load it up and go shoot, screw reading an owners manual, cleaning first, or even
    checking it before buying it.
    Then there is the odd duck like me, I love going through a gun, new or used, and getting to know that firearm inside and out.
    I especially like going to my LGS and finding something that" never ran right so I am selling it" type gun and fixing it so it runs lights out!
    After reading this entire thread, my next purchase is going to be a Hipoint 995 or a Taurus TX22, I am sure ether one will run, and run well..................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    3154 times
    I'm going to assume that when you said "pistol", you were excluding REVOLVERS......and only one other person (that I saw) mentioned any wheel guns.

HOWEVER, for the sake of fairness, I'm going to give some love to the amazing Taurus 605.....

Name:  IMG_2958.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  2.09 MB

I carry it more than my G26, G2, SCCY....or any other handgun COMBINED.

Fits perfectly in a front pocket.....and is as reliable as the day is long. What more could you ask for?
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6893 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Hi points shoot full metal jacket well. Mine all jam regularly with hollow point ammo
    Sorry to hear of your problems, but which High Points?

I have yet to find a rationally-loaded 9mm cartridge that my 995TS won't chamber, fire, and eject reliably.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    1302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    I was just given a new Stack On quick access pistol box for my B-day
    Happy belated B-day, great pistol box!
    kmw1954 likes this.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

Member #
    Liked
    31477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paulky_2000 View Post
    I'm going to assume that when you said "pistol", you were excluding REVOLVERS......and only one other person (that I saw) mentioned any wheel guns.
    I got a Taurus model 66 not too long ago. I am very impressed with this revolver. The DA pull is very smooth. I hair heavier than some DA revolvers (my DAO non-View comes to mind), but very, very smooth. The SA is light and crisp, with a little bit of overtravel. Accurate and reliable. Extremely good-looking to my eye. Seven shots of .357 Magnum. I would and will load this up and carry it into bear/mountain lion/bad-tempered gopher country, no question.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3498 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    So, what happened to your collection? Was it a boating accident like all of mine?

Actually, most of my guns aren't for self defense. I have hunting rifles, bird guns, waterfowlers, even hunting handguns. What, you gonna carry a .30-30 TC Contender for self defense???
    Sadly, no. I had to sell most of them during some lean times in order to buy a place in the country. I just got sick and tired of living in the city, particularly near the downtown part of it. Out here I have a lot more freedom to do what I want, when I want. I'm not just out in the country, I'm way out in the country. I have my own private outdoor range. I could have an indoor range also if I wanted to spend the $$. I'm going to try to work on getting some of my old collection back instead. One of which is a WW2 luger, and another was a WW2 M1 garand. They weren't self defense guns but I liked them anyway, they are a part of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Hi points shoot full metal jacket well. Mine all jam regularly with hollow point ammo
    My Luger used to do the same thing, but since it wasn't for self defense it didn't matter to me at the time. What caliber is yours? The Hi Point I tested was a .45, and a later production one. If yours won't function with HP's you should contact their CS.
    Last edited by pegasus; 05-26-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    The Hi Points I was talking about that would not run hollow points were specifically the 380 pistol and 9mm pistol. The 9mm could never get through one magazine without jamming. I'm not talking about the carbine. Just my personal experience with the 380 and 9mm Hi Point. They are great pistols if you only want to shoot fmj

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31052 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Sadly, no. I had to sell most of them during some lean times in order to buy a place in the country. I just got sick and tired of living in the city, particularly near the downtown part of it. Out here I have a lot more freedom to do what I want, when I want. I'm not just out in the country, I'm way out in the country. I have my own private outdoor range. I could have an indoor range also if I wanted to spend the $$. I'm going to try to work on getting some of my old collection back instead. One of which is a WW2 luger, and another was a WW2 M1 garand. They weren't self defense guns but I liked them anyway, they are a part of history.

My Luger used to do the same thing, but since it wasn't for self defense it didn't matter to me at the time. What caliber is yours? The Hi Point I tested was a .45, and a later production one. If yours won't function with HP's you should contact their CS.
    I got out of town, too, about 9 years ago, so I do understand. Got totally fed up with town. I managed to make it out here with guns and reloading equipment, though.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    24649 times
    I still carry my PT145 quite often.

It is easily concealed, has been very reliable, and it packs a .45 caliber punch.

What's not to like about that?
    NativeTexan and Qwiks draw like this.

MOLON LABE
    "We the people, are the rightful masters of both the Congress, and the Courts. Not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who have perverted it." ~Abraham Lincoln

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links