Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    4169 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Just wondering if you would trust your life and the lives of your family to your Taurus pistol. What do you think? Fun range toy or family protector?
    I do every day. Thank God Almighty, I have not had to use my Taurus to defend my life or the lives of others, my confidence in my Taurus firearms is as high as any other brand of firearm. Off course, I shoot them at least once a week. Having regular access to a KD range does that for me.
    Qwiks draw and pegasus like this.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    Yes, without a second thought. I have had Taurus guns since the late 80's and have carried them daily, practiced and trained with them and as of yet have never been let down by them.
    Qwiks draw and pegasus like this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    1325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Just wondering if you would trust your life and the lives of your family to your Taurus pistol. What do you think? Fun range toy or family protector?
    Any firearm, whether it's a Taurus or not, is not just a "family protector" but a defensive firearm for the individual that owns it, and more importantly the individual that "trains" with it. Taurus firearms is no difffern't than other firearm companies out there, as in any "mass produced" product, your going see small problems and defects no matter how great your quality assurance /control is, and again no matter what the product is as well.

The main thing to remember, is to gather metrics off of the internet of any issues with the firearm before purchasing it and if there are any re-occurring issues that "some" people may have... Is the "fix" easy enough for you to learn and do yourself? Is the fix a "return to the company" type of fix for repair? Also could it be "user error" issue as well? If you look in the "other handguns" part of the forum, I review a "GSG Firefly" (not made by Taurus) that I bought new, and I used the same methodology before buying it.

I have three guns by Taurus: a PT-22 that shoots .22LR that I use as a defensive pistol in regards to my line of work, a TCP PT738 .380ACP and also a Heritage Rough Rider revolver (that comapny is owned by Taurus) which I also use as defensive firearms. All of them, I have taken out to the range and also I have tested out what brands of ammo works the best out of those firearms years ago, so yes to the question in regards to the trust factor.
    pegasus likes this.
    RYRYRYRY
    "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    27020 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    What about HiPoint?
    ahh--yea a neighbor and friend purchased a Jemeniz against my advice-- he had to return it to the factory for feed / fire issues!
    BUT he had it back in 10 days.
    not replaced but supposedly repaired!
    course we in the know are aware that Jeminez is a 1000 dollar plus weapon!
    bad customer service is just bad customer service regardless of brand, of course there are excuses depending on brand I guess?
    pegasus likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
    What about HiPoint?
    I can't answer about Hi Points CS because the one I shot (.45) functioned like a champ. I've seen $500-600 handguns that weren't as reliable as this thing was. No failures either with ball or wide mouth HP's, very low recoil, great groups even at 25 yards, and large and heavy enough to use as a blungeon if you run out of rounds.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyTom View Post
    Any firearm, whether it's a Taurus or not, is not just a "family protector" but a defensive firearm for the individual that owns it, and more importantly the individual that "trains" with it. Taurus firearms is no difffern't than other firearm companies out there, as in any "mass produced" product, your going see small problems and defects no matter how great your quality assurance /control is, and again no matter what the product is as well.

The main thing to remember, is to gather metrics off of the internet of any issues with the firearm before purchasing it and if there are any re-occurring issues that "some" people may have... Is the "fix" easy enough for you to learn and do yourself? Is the fix a "return to the company" type of fix for repair? Also could it be "user error" issue as well? If you look in the "other handguns" part of the forum, I review a "GSG Firefly" (not made by Taurus) that I bought new, and I used the same methodology before buying it.

I have three guns by Taurus: a PT-22 that shoots .22LR that I use as a defensive pistol in regards to my line of work, a TCP PT738 .380ACP and also a Heritage Rough Rider revolver (that comapny is owned by Taurus) which I also use as defensive firearms. All of them, I have taken out to the range and also I have tested out what brands of ammo works the best out of those firearms years ago, so yes to the question in regards to the trust factor.
    Well, I have firearms that have nothing to do with self defense. I'm currently using a 6.5" .357 Blackhawk as a truck gun. Sure, it'd come in handy if I needed it for self defense, but I mainly carry it for the hogs I see on my private road on occasion. It's compact and the next best thing to a rifle with 100 yard capability. I've usually got either a snubby .38 or .357 on me or a 9mm. I shot a pig out of the truck with the .38. He ran off seemingly unscathed hit from 50 yards. He staggered, but recovered quickly. That .357 with 180 grain XTPs at 800 ft lbs will more than tickle a pig.

Generally, regards to self defense, though, I usually have one Taurus or another on me. Lately it's my TH9c, but I might be in a revolver mood in a few days. I can't predict these things.
    pegasus likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    3616 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Well, I have firearms that have nothing to do with self defense. I'm currently using a 6.5" .357 Blackhawk as a truck gun. Sure, it'd come in handy if I needed it for self defense, but I mainly carry it for the hogs I see on my private road on occasion. It's compact and the next best thing to a rifle with 100 yard capability. I've usually got either a snubby .38 or .357 on me or a 9mm. I shot a pig out of the truck with the .38. He ran off seemingly unscathed hit from 50 yards. He staggered, but recovered quickly. That .357 with 180 grain XTPs at 800 ft lbs will more than tickle a pig.

Generally, regards to self defense, though, I usually have one Taurus or another on me. Lately it's my TH9c, but I might be in a revolver mood in a few days. I can't predict these things.
    You make a good point. A lot of people have guns that aren't specifically for self defense. When I had a gun collection, probably 90% of the collection was not purchased for self defense purposes, but so what?
    NativeTexan likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    You make a good point. A lot of people have guns that aren't specifically for self defense. When I had a gun collection, probably 90% of the collection was not purchased for self defense purposes, but so what?
    So, what happened to your collection? Was it a boating accident like all of mine?

Actually, most of my guns aren't for self defense. I have hunting rifles, bird guns, waterfowlers, even hunting handguns. What, you gonna carry a .30-30 TC Contender for self defense???
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 05-25-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    pegasus and Kevin Keith like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    My answer is yes. I have three Taurus handguns. A 1987 Model 80 .38 special in near new condition ( I could not resist for $175), a TX-22, and a poly public defender judge. All three are well made and in their roles I trust them all.

Last night I dispatched a copperhead with the judge while mowing. It was for exactly this purpose I bought it. Those things are hard to see against leaves. So yeah, I did and will continue to do so.
    DA-Auto likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi points shoot full metal jacket well. Mine all jam regularly with hollow point ammo

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links