Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 7
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31045 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I and a relative of Mine down south have both personally heard the bolded from people who are tactical handgun instructors, one of whom initially said he wouldn't even allow someone to bring a Taurus handgun to the advanced tactical class, as it didn't meet his definition of a quality firearm. He did eventually allow the relative to bring his G2 (I guess the instructor needed the money ) but warned him he would not get a refund when (not if) it broke during the approx 400 round training session. Ammo wasn't an issue because the students could bring their own. Then when the G2 did not break or jam during the class, the instructor still refused to admit that he was wrong, claiming that particular G2 was merely an anomoly.
    Well, if I wanted to take a class, I'd just pass on these idiots. If he's that danged stupid, what could he teach ME, anyway? Heck, I'd probably need to teach HIM and I'm sure he's a hard headed know it all.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19879 times
    Yes. .
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    3825 times
    If someone buys a gun and likes the looks, feel, smell, color or whatever why should I care if they are happy with it? It's not mine, I don't have to use it! I'm not going to judge them on their purchase or repeatedly tell them what they bought is junk and they should have bought something that I liked. They bought it and they like it so God Bless them. After passage of time they might find something else they like much better.

But what do I know? This form someone who spent the 70's driving around in at least 5 different AMC Gremlins a AMC Hornet and an AMC Matador. Wanted an AMX but couldn't find one I could afford.
    CaptainMorgan and loudviking like this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7578 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkoht View Post
    What's 12 weeks with Taurus? That's nothing, that's their average turnaround time. Once long ago I had a rifle at the Gander Mountain in house gunsmith that needed a single screw. They had it for a year. Had 2 pistols (non taurus) at a local gunsmith and he had them for 10 months. Not trying to be a jerk here but I don't see what the problem is
    If you don't want or use them anymore why not sell them so someone else can enjoy them?
    I hold on to them to remind me to do my research before buying any more guns, and to remind me of just what Taurus has done to many of us that have now discontinued models like the model 85.

I bought these because of their price, the reports that Taurus "was turning around" according to the then CEO, and the fact they had a "lifetime warranty". Fast forward to today, and they are now discontinued, and on a 5 year plan that afterward, Taurus will neither carry parts nor repair said firearms. Thanks, Taurus.

You mention Gander Mountain having a rifle for a year and a gunsmith that had two pistols for 10 months. Would not happen to me. I would have been on both for status reports, just like I was on Taurus, and after a certain time I would have taken the firearm elsewhere. Sorry, I have NEVER put up with poor service. And that is what I received, IMHO, from Taurus. When another major gun manufacturer can send you mailing label AND PAY for postage, and have that firearm back to you within two weeks, repaired to better than new, then why can't Taurus? I have NEVER received a good answer to that question, other than a constant "lack of staff" or "lack of parts" answer.

As for selling them, they are on the trade or sell list the next time I think I need another firearm. But at the present, I have what I need. I just might try to sell them, but I know I will not get a good price for them. Another Taurus quirk: resale value is poor, at best.

Nope, I learned my lesson about Taurus, and will continue to look at other brands to satisfy my firearm needs.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    When another major gun manufacturer can send you mailing label AND PAY for postage, and have that firearm back to you within two weeks, repaired to better than new, then why can't Taurus? I have NEVER received a good answer to that question, other than a constant "lack of staff" or "lack of parts" answer.

As for selling them, they are on the trade or sell list the next time I think I need another firearm. But at the present, I have what I need. I just might try to sell them, but I know I will not get a good price for them. Another Taurus quirk: resale value is poor, at best.

Nope, I learned my lesson about Taurus, and will continue to look at other brands to satisfy my firearm needs.
    I think part of the reason other major manufacturers have a quicker turnaround is because they charge a lot more than Taurus for a similar product. It's like with cars, customers expect better service when they buy a Lexus, BMW, etc. than when they buy a Chevrolet, Ford, Kia or other moderately priced vehicle. It works the same with resale.

Member #
    Liked
    21076 times
    I trust my life to me.
    Doesn't matter what I am carrying.
    I make sure all my pistols are working properly and cared for.
    If I'm not ready and prepared it doesn't matter what I am carrying.
    As far as my Taurus is concerned it is around 20 years old.
    It has several thousand rounds through it and has not had a malfunction of any kind.
    So I trust it to function when I need it.
    Why would I carry a pistol I can't rely on?
    I know several makes of firearms I wouldn't touch if given to me.
    I bought one that was a total piece of garbage. Two attempts by the factory to fix it and no luck.
    But bashing guns I don't like is not productive.
    Suffice it to say they finally kept it.
    Last edited by Rickenbacher39; 05-24-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    pegasus likes this.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    2202 times
    Yeah, sell 'em. The beauty of Taurus is, if I have to send one in, I can afford to replace it while I wait. Sometimes I buy them in pairs. You never know!
    pegasus likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1561 times
    Simple answer. If it has been proven dependable YES.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Any explanation why gun manufacturers can't be consistent with quality? My sccy cpx2 has run 100 rounds without problem. I read others calling them junk with constant jams and misfeeds. I'm carrying a Beretta. Glock fan boy told me my trigger was better than a factory Glock trigger.

Member #
    Liked
    5293 times
    Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    I think part of the reason other major manufacturers have a quicker turnaround is because they charge a lot more than Taurus for a similar product. It's like with cars, customers expect better service when they buy a Lexus, BMW, etc. than when they buy a Chevrolet, Ford, Kia or other moderately priced vehicle. It works the same with resale.
    What about HiPoint?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links