Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    8361 times
    Of course I trust my Taurus pistols AND revolvers.

Two-732s
    One-709
    One-PT-58
    One -G2C
    Two-PT-111 Pros
    Two-PT-132 Pros
    One-PT-22
    One-Ply-22 Only the pistols are listed.

All of those are in the rotation for CCW and two pistol are on my person at just about all times. Being asleep and in the shower are the exceptions.

The Pro models each passed a drop test but, will not go into all of that.

Member #
    Liked
    26142 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    ...are fire extinguishers even still legal? I sorta' figured that by now......ownin' a fire extinguisher would be considered microaggression toward fires and prob'ly classified as a hate crime.

I believe they are, but being a Savage, gun lover, war monger, and republican I have 3 fire extinguishers around the house, the one in the Garage is designed for fuel fires actually.
    and of course I also have a Black Belt in Fire Control and so can do hand to hand with one if so needed!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3661 times
    On another forum there is a discussion going between the G2C and the EC9S and all was going good until about post 80 when this guy chimes in, "I would never own or recommend a Taurus because I've owned a Taurus and found it to be a subpar gun." then continues on to "Those of you who want to tell me how reliable your Taurus is I invite you to take a high round count class with it. The last time I took a class the guy next to me was carrying a Millennium G2 and I watched him spend the day doing Tap, Rack, Bang drills. I don't think he fired two rounds in a row all day long." Same ol usual song and dance.

So I and another member start questioning this guy about his comments and thinking and then mention my PT92C which has over 2k rounds fired by me w/o a single miss in about 2 years. Well he comes back with the I did stipulate HIGH round counts and he knows of guy that put 2k down at a single time. So I asked, Who? Of course he comes back with competitive shooters, not the run of the mill everyday Joe. Then I asked him about the event he witnessed and whether he asked the shooter if it was the gun or the Reloaded ammunition that was causing the trouble. After that he posted a picture of 3 Glocks and we haven't heard from him since.
    Qwiks draw and pegasus like this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5829 times
    If I didn't trust them, I wouldn't rotate carrying one of the five I own. They would have been long gone years ago.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    6170 times
    I have trusted my life to a Taurus hand gun since 2007. Why would I not trust one now?.

Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    I would trust my life to this quality plastic gun, as much as I would to any other quality plastic gun. And I am not denigrating plastic as a manufacturing material for service weapons, and for those who desire extreme light weight. I’m old-school and I just prefer steel guns. But I did want to own one of the current style “polymer“ firearms. Had a Glock back in the 80s for a short time, but unfortunately sold it. (Man, does the PT111 G2 look better!)
    "Maybe some day men won't have to wear guns. The way things are now, they do." -- Marshal Dan Troop

Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    I have trusted my two 24/7 Pros for over 10yrs with literally 10s of thousands of rounds through each one. I hope my G2c will stand up as well as these two have done over the years.
    As water reflects a face,so a mans heart reflects the man.Proverds 27:19

NRA Patron Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    3295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    On another forum there is a discussion going between the G2C and the EC9S and all was going good until about post 80 when this guy chimes in, "I would never own or recommend a Taurus because I've owned a Taurus and found it to be a subpar gun." then continues on to "Those of you who want to tell me how reliable your Taurus is I invite you to take a high round count class with it. The last time I took a class the guy next to me was carrying a Millennium G2 and I watched him spend the day doing Tap, Rack, Bang drills. I don't think he fired two rounds in a row all day long." Same ol usual song and dance.

So I and another member start questioning this guy about his comments and thinking and then mention my PT92C which has over 2k rounds fired by me w/o a single miss in about 2 years. Well he comes back with the I did stipulate HIGH round counts and he knows of guy that put 2k down at a single time. So I asked, Who? Of course he comes back with competitive shooters, not the run of the mill everyday Joe. Then I asked him about the event he witnessed and whether he asked the shooter if it was the gun or the Reloaded ammunition that was causing the trouble. After that he posted a picture of 3 Glocks and we haven't heard from him since.
    I and a relative of Mine down south have both personally heard the bolded from people who are tactical handgun instructors, one of whom initially said he wouldn't even allow someone to bring a Taurus handgun to the advanced tactical class, as it didn't meet his definition of a quality firearm. He did eventually allow the relative to bring his G2 (I guess the instructor needed the money ) but warned him he would not get a refund when (not if) it broke during the approx 400 round training session. Ammo wasn't an issue because the students could bring their own. Then when the G2 did not break or jam during the class, the instructor still refused to admit that he was wrong, claiming that particular G2 was merely an anomoly.
    kmw1954 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2020 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    Of course I trust my Taurus pistols AND revolvers.

Two-732s
    One-709
    One-PT-58
    One -G2C
    Two-PT-111 Pros
    Two-PT-132 Pros
    One-PT-22
    One-Ply-22 Only the pistols are listed.

All of those are in the rotation for CCW and two pistol are on my person at just about all times. Being asleep and in the shower are the exceptions.

The Pro models each passed a drop test but, will not go into all of that.
    I don't mean to stir up trouble and to each his own, but it probably isn't too safe to be "asleep and in the shower". You could drown and we (well probably some, well maybe at least one) would miss you around here!

Member #
    Liked
    324 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    If you had asked this about two years ago, my answer would have been yes. But since then, one of my two model 85 revolvers spent 12 (yes, 12) weeks in Miami being repaired, and now I question both revolvers. So now, they sit in the back of the gun safe, and have been replaced by other revolvers and semi automatics wearing a different name. Therefore, mine are now range toys, if that anymore.
    What's 12 weeks with Taurus? That's nothing, that's their average turnaround time. Once long ago I had a rifle at the Gander Mountain in house gunsmith that needed a single screw. They had it for a year. Had 2 pistols (non taurus) at a local gunsmith and he had them for 10 months. Not trying to be a jerk here but I don't see what the problem is
    If you don't want or use them anymore why not sell them so someone else can enjoy them?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links