Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    1752 times
    I assume in the context of being on this board and being a gun, you mean as a self defense firearm. I sure wouldn't trust any of my Taurus guns to hold up the landing gear in a 747 I was flying in.

Anyhoo, I'd use any of them in a pinch, but if I had a choice in the moment, I'd take the PT24/7G2C .45 or the PT638Pro. I think either is accurate enough in self defense range and they have enough capacity to miss a few times and still have rounds to use.

Member #
    Liked
    3329 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Just wondering if you would trust your life and the lives of your family to your Taurus pistol. What do you think? Fun range toy or family protector?
    The G2? Yes, I do. No problem. My three pistols have been absolutely reliable over thousands of rounds.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Yes. I have a dozen or so Taurus revolvers in Calibre .38 thru .44.

I maintain all of my pistols, rifles and shotguns. Have fixed a few, but never had to send to factory or got a bad one.

My .38/.357 revolvers are around the house in cubbies and false walls. I carry either an M9 or Colt MK IV in .45 when I'm out and about.

Again, "Yes," I would trust my family's life and mine to the Taurus pistols I have.

Picking up my G2S 9mm and Rossi .22 Rifle on June 1st. Range report to follow soon after on both.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7201 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Just wondering if you would trust your life and the lives of your family to your Taurus pistol. What do you think? Fun range toy or family protector?
    If you had asked this about two years ago, my answer would have been yes. But since then, one of my two model 85 revolvers spent 12 (yes, 12) weeks in Miami being repaired, and now I question both revolvers. So now, they sit in the back of the gun safe, and have been replaced by other revolvers and semi automatics wearing a different name. Therefore, mine are now range toys, if that anymore.
    230JHP, jonrjen and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    Desperado's Big Bang Theory:
    The theory that a "big bang" from a handgun, along with a perpetrator receiving a gunshot wound, is the best way to end violent personal or property crimes.

Member #
    Liked
    4571 times
    When my daughter moved to a big city for college I bought her a 605. If it's good enough for me to feel comfortable with her then obviously I trust it.

Member #
    Liked
    5021 times
    Definitely! My PT111 G2 And the PT809 i have had longer have been flawlessfor years and a minimum of 2500 rounds each. Great weapons i trust to function when needed.

Member #
    Liked
    6268 times
    I really don't care what the name is on the pistol, what it's made of, or who says what about it.

I 'trust my life' only to what I've run and wrung. That's not just an issue with the pistol -- it's an issue with the ammunition, the mags (if applicable), the holster, the carry method, and the shooter (uh, that would be ME).

I've seen high-dollar pistols failing in matches where the 'you gonna shoot THAT?' pistols ran like fine-tuned sewing machines, and watched guns hang up in high-tech holsters while the guy drawing out of an Uncle Mike's had no problems making a 1 second buzzer to shot draw.

Fun range toy or family protector? Why 'OR'? Why not both?

But to directly answer the question . . .

Yes. Why would I carry it otherwise?
    Last edited by 230JHP; 05-22-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    32532 times
    The name on it doesn't matter, reliability is determined by the number of moving parts. Regardless of how "well built" anything might be perceived to be, each moving part is a point of failure and in mechanics, the guy with the most points loses.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    18995 times
    I carried my PT709 every day for about 7 years. It does have a fairly high round count and been 100% reliable. I did recently add a 2nd carry option but the 709 still sees plenty of carry.

Yes.

Member #
    Liked
    21295 times
    In a word, Yes. Any firearm that I carry I trust with my life. I've been carrying my PT709 for years. I also carry my PT1911. If I can't trust them, why would I carry them or any firearm I can't trust?
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links