Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    26540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyboy65 View Post
    What could he do, trigger was broke, every knows you can only beat someone with a Hipoint.
    TRUE!
    and when it comes to using a handgun in that type of defense I would venture to say not many handguns could out perform the Hi point!
    course now some of the older Ruger semi autoes would come in as a honorable mention!
    Harleyboy65 likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26540 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruntson View Post
    I don't carry a Brand for self defense, I carry a firearm. Once the firearm proves it's reliable at the range, I'll promote it to a self defense firearm I will use. Currently I will use one of 5 handguns for self defense, a Ruger, 3 Taurus, and a S&W.

IF I knew how to pronounce or spell CZ I would mention what I carry but I am after all public school educated.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    927 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    TRUE!
    and when it comes to using a handgun in that type of defense I would venture to say not many handguns could out perform the Hi point!
    course now some of the older Ruger semi autoes would come in as a honorable mention!
    I have a 12 year old CF-380 that keeps shooting and shooting 100% each time it is out on the range. I have no idea at all how many thousands of rds it has had run thru it.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3434 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierJake View Post
    Any pistol I did trust with my life, has been removed from my signature, because I sold it. Why would you own a gun you did not trust?

HoosierJake
    I've owned a few guns in the past that I wouldn't have trusted with my life, but I didn't buy those particular guns for self defense. (like a collectable WW2 Luger) The Luger seemed to function best with 124 grain ball ammo, not the best choice in defensive ammo. In fact, when I had a extensive gun collection, very few of them were intended to be defensive guns, although any of them could've been pressed into service if the situation was desperate.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    The plain fact is, even "good" gun companies make lemons. Sig P365 comes to mind. Any pistol from any manufacturer today, that will put 300-400 rounds through it without a bobble I would tend to trust. Don't care what name is on the slide.
    "The strongest tactical move is always the one in which you reap the highest gain, at the lowest cost."

Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Own 3 PT 92’s, a 94, 357 Tracker, 3 M85’s, 605, and 617.

Each serve an intended purpose if so required.

All go Bang every time we pull the trigger!

That experience is satisfactory to me for choosing as my daily defense hand gun.

We own High End options too.

Trust the Taurus brand based on the positive outcomes raising my confidence to supporting continued carry/ ownership.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    PT111 G2 w/15 rd extended mags ....goes where I go.....

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    The plain fact is, even "good" gun companies make lemons. Sig P365 comes to mind. Any pistol from any manufacturer today, that will put 300-400 rounds through it without a bobble I would tend to trust. Don't care what name is on the slide.
    Local gun dealer says he's had more problems to repair from Sigs than anything else on the market today.........
    Nimbly likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    My PT1911 yes
    My PT92 yes
    My 856 yes

an old Gen 1 PT111 I used to have probably not. An old Gen 1 24/7 I used to have probably not

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19461 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post
    Ya know, I keep hearing about the P365 issues . . . . . issues that were fixed at company expense . . . .Within the first year if its release. Haven’t heard anything after that first year release growing pains. I bought mine early this year, bought as a 2-fer along with my LCP II, without Issue. But my PT140and 145 still shoot fine. And the 738 is a shooter too.
    olfarhors and Nimbly like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links