Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Taurus has gone to great lengths to ruin their reputation for reliability and willingness to stand behind their products. hence the Millennium series fiasco. I had two PT 111 (gen 1) LOVED the trigger- didn't like pulling the trigger and hearing 'click'- 'click'.. bang!. The striker/recoil spring assy was dirty. NEVER had that problem with a hammer fired pistol. The process of getting them replaced #1- yes, # 2 not in a timely manner- I had traded it off for a CZ- and 6 months later I got a call from the LGS that "My Taurus was in'? I had to remind them that it was THEIR Taurus now. I still see letters from the judge in Fla about cases that have yet to be resolved, and the case is done...over... Admit you screwed up- replace the guns with ones that work- and move on.. don't hide behind lawyers. Now- my wife still has her Gen2- but she seldom carries and like my bigger Astra A80---yeah it still works..

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    I have two Taurus pistols, a PT140 Mil Pro and now a G2C. The PT140 was my EDC and probably still would be if I hadn't bought the G2C. The PT140, even though it was a recall, shoots great and never had an issue that was pistol related, only cheap ammo issues and not the ammo I carried daily. Then I saw the G2C at it's low price, did some research on it, found that it was a solid shooter, so I bought it. I have ran all sorts of ammo through the G2C, from cheap aluminum bulk, monarch and tulammo steel case, to the JHP's I use daily, this pistol eats anything I put in it and never had an issue. I have a little over 100 rnds through the G2C, done lost count on the PT140 and I would trust any one of those if needed.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2000 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    I have two Taurus pistols, a PT140 Mil Pro and now a G2C. The PT140 was my EDC and probably still would be if I hadn't bought the G2C. The PT140, even though it was a recall, shoots great and never had an issue that was pistol related, only cheap ammo issues and not the ammo I carried daily. Then I saw the G2C at it's low price, did some research on it, found that it was a solid shooter, so I bought it. I have ran all sorts of ammo through the G2C, from cheap aluminum bulk, monarch and tulammo steel case, to the JHP's I use daily, this pistol eats anything I put in it and never had an issue. I have a little over 100 rnds through the G2C, done lost count on the PT140 and I would trust any one of those if needed.
    Hey, KB, is your G2C the .40 or the 9mm? I've got my eye on a G2C in .40 and wonder how it kicks. I have a little PT740 and it packs quite a punch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    PT111 G2 every day. First carry is Momma's nightstand gun now with over 7000 rounds. (unmodified) Second EDC has nearly 2000 rds and again unmodified other than sights for my old eyes.
    Last edited by deranged; 05-30-2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16210 times
    My first experience with Taurus was with their revolvers. I still have the 689 my wife bought me. Since then I've had many Taurus revolvers and pistols. I like acquiring firearms through trades and private sales, and I've used a lot of Taurus models for that purpose, but I always have a snub nosed model 85 to slip into my pants pocket when I go out. On special occasions I'll OC a PT1911. Never really any problems except when a 44 revolver lost timing, back in the 90s, and when one of my PT145s broke a trigger bar after 2k rounds.
    Last edited by CJS3; 05-31-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    NativeTexan and Qwiks draw like this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    29250 times
    Yes I would and still do trust my life to Taurus handguns.

My number one priority regardless of brand is "reliability"; if it has that, it gets carried.
    Last edited by MOONDAWG; 06-01-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    Qwiks draw and william like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Any gun I can put 500+ rounds through without a single issue I would trust with my life no matter who made it. I've seen Glocks fail under 500 rounds, S&W, even HKs. I trust my TH9C with my life every day. My wife's G2C is good to go as well. Each individual firearm, Verify, THEN trust™
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    Hey, KB, is your G2C the .40 or the 9mm? I've got my eye on a G2C in .40 and wonder how it kicks. I have a little PT740 and it packs quite a punch.
    I have the 9mm. Wanted to get the G2C in .40, but went ahead with the 9mm. If the G2C in .40 is the same as the PT140, recoil isn't to terrible.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links