Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol? - Page 10
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree362Likes

Thread: Would you really trust your life to your Taurus pistol?

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    My spectrum has never failed to fire or feed. It’s my backup when I don’t want to carry my larger EDC

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I own several Taurus pistols and trust my life with each of them. I would not own a weapon that I could not depend on.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    No! For that matter, I don't trust any firearm, no matter what make and how reliable it has been. Reliability is based on history and doesn't guaranty what will happen on the next trigger pull. "Dang! That's never happened before. Just a second, while I go to my car and get my other gun. Be right back, okay." All that being said, I have a Taurus G2 and a PT1911. The PT1911 is rattles like Fred Sanford's old Ford, but it and the G2 have been 100 percent reliable.
    pegasus likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    If you even have that thought, or question it, then why are you even here......just sayin'
    paulky_2000 likes this.
    Guns are like tattoos - you can't have just one.....
    ....and besides, it's none of the government's business anyway.

USN 9/64-1/84 E-6 CRYPTOLOGIC DIRECT SUPPORT OPERATOR

Member #
    Liked
    8540 times
    I would trust both of the taurus guns I have PT92 and PT1911 38 super
    pegasus likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I trust mine every day, pt111 G2 . I use it for my EDC . Stopped counting after 1200 rounds. Not a single problem.
    PT92 has always been reliable. PT840 compact runs well too, but I can’t hit follow up shots with it. (Just me though)
    pegasus likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31336 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
    Just wondering if you would trust your life and the lives of your family to your Taurus pistol. What do you think? Fun range toy or family protector?
    Good grief.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I trusted my PT145 for 10 years as a Texas Parole Officer, until I retired. I’d been a peace officer and had several duty-type weapons I’d carried over the years, including an old Det Special that that I’d carried off duty & plain clothes, but wanted a little more firepower & round count when I started with the TDCJ Parole Division. Since the Division required officers to provide their own weapons at their own expense I went searching for a light weight, inexpensive compact 45 that used a double stacked mag and concealed well (concealment is mandatory with the Division even though you’re wearing a badge on your belt.) I found the PT145 at Academy on sale and bought it. I 1st disassembled it and cleaned all the factory lube out, then assembled it with some quality oils & grease and took it to the range. I must have fired every 45 round I could find through that thing without further cleaning. It finally failed after 1750 rounds when I ran some old home cast reloads through it where on I had insufficiently belled the case mouth causing some lead to build up on the chamber wall and preventing it from going into battery. After a quick chamber cleaning it kept going.
    I noted 2 things that I needed to get used to on the handgun: (1) The sights suck. Just don’t like them. (2) It shot low & to the right but it did group well (about 3” @ 25 yards.) I had to adjust my aim. I later replaced the sights with some adjustable Williams Firesights.
    When I showed up at the 2401 class ( the class you had to pass to carry), the instructors commented, “Oh no. Not another Mil Pro.” They’d evidently had some negative experiences with the models in previous classes. Later on, I discussed the mater with them. I ascertained that the problems were with novice shooters who showed up with brand new PT111 out of the box. Generally, after a good cleaning, the problems went away.
    I still carry that sidearm even though I’m retired now and occasionally use it in some IDPA club matches. It still shoots well and without malfunction. So, yes, I trust it with my life. I wouldn’t carry a sidearm that I didn’t trust.

Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    The simple answer is I don't. Not necessarily because "it's a Taurus" though. I'm left-handed and the majority of Taurus pistols are very "right-handed". My experience is what leads me to trust a firearm for defensive purposes. My experiences are:
    1. Our PT-22 almost always works with good ammo, but hey it's a rimfire. I don't use my Ruger SR-22 either.
    2. The 992 is also rimfire although perhaps it could be considered using 22 WMR, but I have better options.
    3. Had a Rossi R35102. I actually liked it, but traded it in favor of a Talo Edition S&W 642. Much lighter and has a transfer bar safety.
    4. The TCP has developed a bad habit of dropping the magazine while firing. It is now a safe queen replaced by an M&P 380.
    5. What's in my bedside safe? An M&P 40 personally tested by me and ubber reliable with anything I've put thru it so far.
    6. What is probably with me when the M&P 380 isn't? A Sig P365 (also tested personally).
    7. My wife won't let me keep my final preference for home defense in the bedroom closet. The Mossberg 20 gauge with its 16 1/2" barrel installed is in the safe in the basement.
    Would I ever use/trust a Taurus for defensive purposes? Maybe, but it'd have to fit a need and then prove itself first.
    Last edited by Linejudgemick; 05-30-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Thumbs up

I carry a Sig P365, but I keep a Taurus Tracker .357 in my truck, a Taurus Slim 9mm in the car, my wife carries a Taurus Spectrum, and the Taurus Judge is my bedside piece. I'm quite happy with each of my Taurus sidearms.

Oh, by the way, I really love my Taurus PT1911.
    Last edited by limpincoyote; 05-30-2019 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Almost forgot one.
    pegasus and texastaurusguy like this.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links