Recommendations for SOB holster. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Recommendations for SOB holster.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1479 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPT24/7 View Post
    I don't think I read where anyone asked you what you plan to carry ? Myself when out daily I wear a shirt untucked (usually a square tail shirt) , but anytime I wear a coat like a dress coat I wear OWB and I don't worry if there is a slight bulge or print . Mostly I don't print anyway cause I carry small , nothing like those 1911s' . Like some have mentioned SOB isn't a great choice because of falling on your back from an accident or scuffle with a intruder . Big thing to remember is if a person not friendly is within arms reach that is TOO close for comfort ! Besides the SOB really is harder to do a quick draw than most any other positions . If your wearing legal you shouldn't worry about being too concealed . If your state is Open Carry you shouldn't worry at all about printing cause most have a law that protects you if printing . Texas does , and if a person see's you carrying and reports it causing a scare that person can be in trouble after you prove to an officer your legal . I see printing practically every day every where and I think nothing about it .
    Would be for my sig p365 and only on rare occasions when wearing a suit for a formal event.

Member #
    Liked
    7380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Would be for my sig p365 and only on rare occasions when wearing a suit for a formal event.
    What ever brand you go with i would suggest that if you choose IWB SOB be sure to get a holster that has the backside higher than the front so that it will protect you from discomfort . Nothing worse than the back of the slide poking your backside . I understand the draw you want but to use that type draw you’ll need a left handed holster to use as a IWB SOB . Other than that you’ll need an OWB SOB draw holster and learn to draw that way . Lots of holsters for P365 . Just google ip images and find the kind you like the best .

Member #
    Liked
    7380 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Looking for a leather SOB holster. Prefer leather, right hand with palm in.
    BTW , you mentioned SOB but IWB or OWB ? Take a look at these from Midway USA .

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetLo...247-189-11-HA0)

I might mention that at Sig Sauer site they have holsters for the P365 . I know some are expensive . But there is one for $74.99 by Mitch Rosen . Mitch Rosens makes some of the best holsters out there . I have a Ruger LC9s and i bought the Mitch Rosen Holster for my LC9s from Ruger for same price and i do not regret ever buying it . It's thin , compact and well worth the $$ . I'm RH so i wear it at 3-o'clock or 4-o'clock almost always , but this can be worn as a SOB holster also but you have to learn to draw palm inward just like you would on your strong arm . It's not that hard . I thought i wanted one the same as you back then but finding a LH holster for a Palm out draw won't work cause the forward slant of the holster slants away from your hand if your a RH draw . You need the slant to slant to the right side and you can only find that in a RH draw holster unless you have it special made which can cost you upward $200.00+ . But i think if you try this Mitch Rosen RH holster you'll be much happier down the road . However it is your choice so lot's of other brands on the market .
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-owb-leather-holster-mitch-rosen.html
    Last edited by RonPT24/7; 05-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    387 times
    I used to carry a 2" revolver (Charter Arms Undercover) IWB just past the point of my hip, 4 oclock or 4:30 when I was plainclothes and one night while arresting a guy we got to tussling around a bit and I pulled him down but we landed with me on the bottom and right on my gun, I couldn't hardly move for about 3 days and my whole right side was black and blue, took xrays and the Doc said nothing was broken but it should have broken my hip.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    13199 times
    W/thumb break, no reason to leave it somewhere, unattended

Make America Great Again - Remove all the warning labels!
    I shoot to support my reloading habit
    Only when your house is on fire, will you have too much ammo!
    Psalms 144:1
    Never go into a fight with less ammo than you can carry - W Ward
    Lubbock 15 Sand Lake 15 & 16 Rapid City 15 - 18

Member #
    Liked
    6095 times
    I have a shoulder holster and it has stays that fasten to the belt. Keeps the gun very secure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links