son with cc handgun defends his mother against an armed robbery - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: son with cc handgun defends his mother against an armed robbery

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    B-ham and Huntsville are what we call south Chicago here in L.A. (lower Alabama) for good reason.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3829 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    I'm just waiting for Precious to meet "Gandolf" in prison and become his "New Precious".
    Would serve the piece of trash right.
    With a name like 'Precious', he is either gonna get tough or die.....hey, could be a county music song in there somewhere......'kickin' and a gougin' in the mud, the blood, and the beer'
    pegasus, GhostHorse and Jake3501 like this.
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    45799 times
    I couldn't help but notice, when the shooting started, who ran.
    These street thugs are opportunists, not predators. They're buzzards. Sissy buzzards at that.
    pegasus and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    We the People...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jturner3 View Post
    I posted another thread about moving to Huntsville. Then this pops up. Ironically this happened just a free miles from where we go to church there when we visit. This is a fairly new Publix and shopping center and not “a bad part of town. But I like this law thing u speak of. I will have to do more research. One reason to move there from arkanslaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thugs from Birmingham and Bessemer like to road trip on occasion and seem surprised when things don't work out like they planned.

The areas around Atlanta have the same problem. Atlanta thugs doing home invasions was the reason that Forsythe,GA passed their local ordinance requiring every household to have a gun in it. Home invasions went from a couple a week to a couple a year basically overnight once it passed.
    pegasus and daytonaredeye like this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    2307 times
    Good for that young man....glad he had the gumption to pull the trigger.

North Alabama is pretty peaceful, very little crime- Except Birmingham, Huntsville and some of the other larger cities like Mobile and Montgomery, and the old farming region known as the "black belt". Alabama did pass a law a few years back that says the state will not prosecute anyone who uses a firearm to protect themselves if they feel threatened of if they see an unknown 3rd party threatened. The perp/family can file a civil suit, but they will have to prove their case.
    pegasus likes this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    B-ham and Huntsville are what we call south Chicago here in L.A. (lower Alabama) for good reason.
    I was born and raised in Chicago's south side. But I'm 83 and in the 40's and 50'2 it was a paradise. It broke my heart to watch it get turned into a craphole.

Member #
    Liked
    3204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I couldn't help but notice, when the shooting started, who ran.
    These street thugs are opportunists, not predators. They're buzzards. Sissy buzzards at that.
    For the most part that is true, although one should be prepared for the possibility that some might want to stay around and fight it out. There's plenty of surveillance videos online of groups of people committing an assault on a business or a home invasion that when the bullets start flying in their direction they run out faster than they ran in. There's even allegedly a home invasion (unfortunitely not on video) of 13 criminals trying to commit a home invasion and the home owner shot at them with a 5 shot revolver, and they beat feet away from there. Although it happened to work out okay for the home owner that time, what if he would've needed extra rounds? I may never need the rounds my PT111 G2 holds, but they're there if needed.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    For the most part that is true, although one should be prepared for the possibility that some might want to stay around and fight it out. There's plenty of surveillance videos online of groups of people committing an assault on a business or a home invasion that when the bullets start flying in their direction they run out faster than they ran in. There's even allegedly a home invasion (unfortunitely not on video) of 13 criminals trying to commit a home invasion and the home owner shot at them with a 5 shot revolver, and they beat feet away from there. Although it happened to work out okay for the home owner that time, what if he would've needed extra rounds? I may never need the rounds my PT111 G2 holds, but they're there if needed.
    That is the reason why the little old granny with the 5-shot revolver may be as effectively armed as the police officer with the Glock. The kind of criminal that preys upon a little old lady isn't up to a gunfight, whereas the guy who challenges a police officer probably is.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "Failure requires maximum effort. If you didn't give it 100%, you didn't fail...you quit."
    "When calling for air support, never give them your own coordinates." -- Major Swain US Army
    "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity" -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never frighten a man smaller than you; he'll kill you." -- Robert A. Heinlein
    "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance" -- Sam Johnson

Member #
    Liked
    30263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
    That is the reason why the little old granny with the 5-shot revolver may be as effectively armed as the police officer with the Glock. The kind of criminal that preys upon a little old lady isn't up to a gunfight, whereas the guy who challenges a police officer probably is.
    But the guy who's willing to fight a LEO probably isn't above robbing a granny too. "Nah, I'd rather find someone well armed who can shoot back more."
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3204 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    But the guy who's willing to fight a LEO probably isn't above robbing a granny too. "Nah, I'd rather find someone well armed who can shoot back more."
    I think a 5 shot revolver can be an effective CCW gun, but my example was a guy who was using it as a home defense gun. A home defense gun doesn't have to be small and light and small caliber. I suppose if that's all you got at home and you're good with it, you have to go with what you got. I may never need the extra rounds my G2 has, but I'd rather have them and not need it than the other way around.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links