Weird, but funny....................
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Weird, but funny....................

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7242 times

Weird, but funny....................

So I went with 2 friends today shooting who are roughly new to the sport...................
    One of them is female, very small girl, and wanted to try a heavy caliber, so after thinking about it
    I grabbed the .44 mag Tracker( yeah,I know) and the PT1911 and away I went.
    Trust me when I say I did not just hand her the revolver and sat back with a beer to watch the show, I explained too her about
    the hell she was about to unleash upon the shooting range and explained the recoil it was going to give her.
    She lined up on the target in single action and pulled the trigger, to say she handled it well is an understatement( barrel came real close
    to imparting a divot in her forehead) but she did really good! Only took one shot before she handed it back to me and was done with .44 mag.
    Here is what is weird, was using some ammo that I can't remember where I got it(Texas stamped 44.mag steel case?) and loaded it back up for her boyfriend
    and when he tried to shoot it, first 2 rounds nothing, no bang, gave the revolver back to me and it went through all 5 no problems!..................
    I shot another 25 rounds of this ammo( getting the empties out was a chore!) and loaded 5 more for the boy friend again, and guess what, same damn thing again!
    No bang, until he gave it back to me, went through that 5 and one more cylinder full and had to call it quits for the day. But frankly, can a gun love it's owner and not like someone else?
    I kidd you not, it ran fine for me, him it just did not want to shoot, I did shoot the next round or 2 and gave it back to him and he could finish off the cylinder, but it is just strange.
    Don;t know if this stuff had hard primers or what, but it ran fine for me the whole time......................
    Guess it just knows who it's caretaker is.........................
    darbo, kschilk and 777Driver like this.
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2718 times
    I had two cars like that. If I loaned either to my mother to drive, it would not run the following day. My step father got really mad one day when I wouldn't loan the current one I had at the time. So for peace, I had to loan it to her and rode my bike to work. The very next day he got the keys from her and went out to start it up to prove I was full of crap. It wouldn't start. I rode my bike to work that day too. He messed with it for 5 hours and couldn't find a problem.

The next morning, it fired up on the first turn of the key. I didn't have to loan her a vehicle ever again after that.

Maloy
    loudviking, darbo and bobbojama like this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32584 times
    That is odd. Important thing is, that you all safely had a blast!
    loudviking likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33075 times
    Can't say I've ever seen it with guns but often with tools and machines. Contrary to popular belief, inanimate objects can indeed cop an attitude.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    31162 times
    “Because Boa* loves me, he gives me five more miles of speed than a stranger would get from him.” T. E. Lawrence, speaking of his Brough Superior SS100 motorcycle.

* Short for Boanerges - Sons of Thunder
    loudviking likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    6519 times
    That is not uncommon with semi auto style hand guns especially with light for caliber loads, it's called "limp wristing". I've never seen what you experienced with a revolver....but, weird stuff happens!!
    loudviking likes this.
    U.S. Navy 2-63/3-86 Retired E-8, MMCS
    Caterpillar Field Service Tech 1988-2007
    Retired and loving it!!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    33075 times
    I've seen this a lot with welders and cutting torches. I've got a buddy that my big welder doesn't like, can't run a bead with it to save his life but it works great for me and a few others I've let use it. Another guy can't get my torches to work......even if I'm not kinkin' the hoses or messin' with the regulator while he's not lookin'.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    26488 times
    MY guess is that the Boyfriend was born/ raised in kalifornia and its in his DNA to not be able to fire a weapon!
    loudviking and DeltaBravoKS like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    7242 times
    Well, got done tearing the Tracker apart and can't find a damn thing wrong with it?
    Ether hard primers on that crappy ammo, or the gun just didn't like the guy shooting it.........................
    There are "four boxes" that can be employed to resist the downfall of America, the ballot box, the soap box, the jury box and, lastly, the ammo box.

Member #
    Liked
    6284 times
    That revolver must have an attitude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links