Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Home invasion defense plan?

Member #
    Liked
    1545 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    My plan, hold low and squeeze.
    Hmmm. That's my restroom plan. I never thought of using it to double as a home invasion plan!

Member #
    Liked
    21167 times
    we have plans and other than my mother in law who's 86, we've all got immediate access to firearms to stop threats. we have 6... dynamic audible alarms who will also attack and bite if push comes to shove. We also have several "nosey neighbors" who know EVERYBODY'S business. We'll hear things like " Little Jimmy's oldest boy came in real late on Saturday, about 3 am. Nothing good happens after midnight so that one's gonna be trouble. Oh, I woke up to get a drink of water and saw him pull in". It used to annoy me, now I'm kinda glad we have a multilayered early warning system.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    1962 times
    I have a plan for just about every possible scenario, (as well as a few highly unlikely/improbable ones) but it would take an excessive amount of time to outline and would only serve to work me up before bedtime, so I won't be going into detail on the subject.

Just as well, my contingency plans in regards to Home Invasion are relatively basic, so there's really no need to go to far into detail.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2013 times
    By all means, have a plan. Keep in mind, however, you are many times more likely to have a fire than a home invasion. Have an escape plan, an extinguisher, and a family meeting place.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    I live in an apartment, so I have to plan differently. I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't come up with a plan yet. I'd appreciate any suggestions. It's just my adult son and myself here. I have a G2c, he has a shotgun. The only common walls with adjacent apartments are on the back side of the apartment. There are air gaps of at least 10 feet to the apartments on either side of mine (stairwells/patios.) There are tall windows beside the front (only) door and in both bedrooms. My bedroom window looks out on the patio and the front door. If you have any other questions, let me know.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Member #
    Liked
    3531 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    I live in an apartment, so I have to plan differently. I've been thinking about this for a while, but I haven't come up with a plan yet. .
    Our home is such that when standing outside the house all the windows are above eye level. Both entrance doors are also elevated and are such that they will not be breeched quick;y or quietly. Also with a large breed alert dog we know when there is someone outside. This should provide adequate time and alert to be able to reach the bedroom if you are not already there. With the door closed and locked and both of us armed I'm thinking we can keep most at bay and out of the room. Sorry but we both feel there is nothing inside the house other than us that cannot be replaced. So the warning is; Do not enter or you will be shot! Police have been called so leave now!

We have no intentions of being hero's and confronting home invaders but if home invaders intend to confront us they will be in for a fight. Within this past year there have been 4 well published home invasions here where the home owners were unarmed and severely injured. In the one case a young girl was kidnapped and her parent's killed. The other 3 were all elderly couples.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    5509 times
    Well like others the nucleus of my plan is simple....Center Mass. I have two dogs that will wake me long before any perp gets anywhere near a door or a window. If they are still dumb enough to come in with all the barking I will carefully wait until they are completely indoors before I return them to room temperature.

Anyone seriously concerned about such scenarios should have a dog. They are better than anything you can plan or buy.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    "I can't fix stupid but I can fix stupid's dog"

Taurus PT111 G2, Taurus 709 Slim, Ruger Blackhawk .45LC/.45ACP, High Standard Double Nine .22/.22WMR, AR-15 .223/5.56 PSA, Herter's FN Mauser 30.06, Remington 572 Fieldmaster Pump .22, Savage 93R17F, Mossberg 715T, Raven P25

Member #
    Liked
    2835 times
    My plan? Shoot to slide lock, reload, and shoot some more if I have to.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Retreat to bedroom and lock door. Wife rakes up position behind side of dresser that is next to bathroom door, also lockable.

My spot is at head of bed, at the side, with clear shot at door. Alternating rounds of 235 ball and 230 JHP .45, and a Mossberg 500 with alternating rounds of double-ought, slug and no. 7 birdshot.

With locked door, dial 911 and give sitrep and defend/fire only if things go south.

Don't want to clean up blood and brain matter from walls and floor unless I have to.
    230JHP and kmw1954 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6065 times
    Tough to say, given the number of possible scenarios.

Burglar-type intrusion? Load up, bunker up, call 911. As with TonyC, I've got two self-motivating hair-covered alarms that pretty much guarantees that no one will come in, or even wander around outside, unannounced (although truth be told, I suspect their enthusiasm is less defending the hearth than just excitable curiosity). Outside, the property has a sufficient number of overlapping motion-activated lights; you can't get to one without tripping another and light in itself is both a deterrence and an alert.

On the other hand, a door-crashing is a whole 'nother ball game, and whatever plan anyone has (i.e., 'Whip out ma hi-capacity magnum-caliber blaster-matic magnum and ventilate that sucka 'till yew kin heer th' wind whistle thru 'im!) is going to depend on so many variables that if you aren't drilling it on a regular basis (and honestly, most of us aren't) there's going to be as much luck involved as plan. Consider SWAT teams -- I have no idea how often they train force on force, but I get the idea that it's fairly regularly. When they do, they train to take on someone who is expecting them and they don't start from one of the SWAT team sitting on the couch, shoes off, with a bowl of popcorn in their lap while the other is in the kitchen with their head in the fridge, looking for something to drink. Are there any people here who, at some random time on a quiet night, suddenly jumps up and starts shouting at their family, "NOW! THERE'S SOMEONE KICKING IN THE DOOR NOW! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES TO SHOW ME YOUR STUFF, PEOPLE!" Then debriefs the response? I know I haven't, so I guess it's something that I consider more of a hypothetical possibility than an actual danger.

My main approach is to ensure that any forced-entry situation encounters layers of detection before getting to the door, then enough passive resistance built into the structure so that anyone inside has a chance to recognize there is a threat, orient to the threat and coordinate and execute a response. Instead of a semi-rigid 'I'll do this, you do that' I go for a zoned response -- the most likely threat axis will be X, so anyone on that side goes that way, anyone on this side goes this way, here's where the guns are, here's where the phones are.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links