Night Stand Guns! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Night Stand Guns!

Member #
    Liked
    25399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    Beware the man who only owns one gun, for he probably knows how to use it well.
    ohhh , I know a whole bunch of people that can prove this old wives tale wrong, and by a lot as well!
    beware the person that practices with their gun, regardless of how many they own.
    OKNewshawk and NativeTexan like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    25399 times
    my Night stand weapon is a Taurus PT99 with a extra mag ,
    been meaning to replace it with my CZ SP-01 tactical due to the night sights on the CZ.
    both weapons are highly reliable and I am super familiar with their operation, which may be the 2 most important when awakened at 2 in the morning by that strange sound!
    hell IF like 36 rounds of ammo don't get me out of trouble well then so be it, my ears will be hurting so bad by then I won't care anyhow!
    Taurus1965 and GreenWolf70 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Curently on my night stand safe I have my .357 mag, sd9ve and ec9s. My carry and prefered is the taurus 605 poly, my wife shoots the ec9 very well and my daughter the sd9ve if it is a defensive encounter.
    Taurus1965 and GreenWolf70 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9561 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    been meaning to replace it with my CZ SP-01 tactical due to the night sights on the CZ.
    both weapons are highly reliable and I am super familiar with their operation, which may be the 2 most important when awakened at 2 in the morning by that strange sound!
    hell IF like 36 rounds of ammo don't get me out of trouble well then so be it, my ears will be hurting so bad by then I won't care anyhow!
    Wow, that would take a big cigar box.

As long as we are playing liar's poker, how about a Claymore built into the front door and a hand grenade to break contact. Just saying....
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    29901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olfarhors View Post
    I don't think more ammo flying around da hood hitting 4 month old babies down the street is the answer to self defense, myself. If you have the spray and pray mentality, you should realize you're responsible for every chunk of lead that leaves your firearm, at least in Texas this is the law.

§ 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or
    using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also
    recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the
    justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a
    prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent
    third person.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    1445 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    I don't think more ammo flying around da hood hitting 4 month old babies down the street is the answer to self defense, myself. If you have the spray and pray mentality, you should realize you're responsible for every chunk of lead that leaves your firearm, at least in Texas this is the law.
    As a potential juror (although not in Texas) I would not consider defending one's self in one's home "reckless". There can always be a stray bullet in the most perfect of self defense situations. If you're randomly shooting out a window, that would be reckless. Shooting in one's house at an intruder--not so much.

We the citizens must make sure we add a voice of reason to the jury. One greater than I said it very well just a few years ago:

"I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Paine, 1789.
    olfarhors likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    29901 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    As a potential juror (although not in Texas) I would not consider defending one's self in one's home "reckless". There can always be a stray bullet in the most perfect of self defense situations. If you're randomly shooting out a window, that would be reckless. Shooting in one's house at an intruder--not so much.

We the citizens must make sure we add a voice of reason to the jury. One greater than I said it very well just a few years ago:

"I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution." --Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Paine, 1789.
    Well, by Texas law, I'm responsible for every bullet that leaves my barrel regardless of circumstances. So, the fewer rounds I can fire to stop a threat, the better. That sorta begs for a .357 magnum revolver. One shot, one stop or almost 100 percent of the time.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    25399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    ahh--umm-well you see I in particular said nothing about pray and spray, but the fact remains and I ask this with all sincerity to those out there-- have or how many times in the middle of the night have you been woke up and able to realize what was going on?
    I have likely thousands of times and can respond so far with a clear head.
    the fact that I live in a semi metro area the chances are very high that an intruder will be followed by an "S" --IE" INTRUDERS!
    and so 6 -7 rounds don't work for me.
    if one is unliucky enough to fire a random misplaced shot and it hits someone innocent does it really matter if it was fired from a 6 shooter, a high capacity pistol or even a assault weapon?
    if you are that unlucky then that's just a bad break for ya and I certainly am not going to worry about such as what MIGHT happen.

Member #
    Liked
    25399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Wow, that would take a big cigar box.

As long as we are playing liar's poker, how about a Claymore built into the front door and a hand grenade to break contact. Just saying....
    actuallyl I found them to be much more effective going down the central hallway and spaced at random distances just in case one of the intruders may be lame and not have normal stride, the grenade on the door is over kill!
    a wired 440 volt electrical wire placed on the door handle kind of stops them in their tracks.--think stun gun on steroids!

Member #
    Liked
    9561 times
    LOL, the electrified door knob only gets the first guy, but the claymore gets them all.

Don't need anything in the hallway as that is my kill zone.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links