Night Stand Guns! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Night Stand Guns!

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Not so much as to a nightstand or safe but to her choice as to what to keep. She has her own XD Mod2 9mm, XD Mod2 45acp and a S&W EZ380. She chose the biggest one.

Neither of us carry and have no interest in doing so. We do have 6 grandkids under the age of 10 that do spend a lot of time with gramma and papa, many times spending the night.
    pegasus likes this.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35877 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    Not so much as to a nightstand or safe but to her choice as to what to keep. She has her own XD Mod2 9mm, XD Mod2 45acp and a S&W EZ380. She chose the biggest one.

Neither of us carry and have no interest in doing so. We do have 6 grandkids under the age of 10 that do spend a lot of time with gramma and papa, many times spending the night.
    If I had that level of exposure to youngsters mine would be in a quick opening safe unless on my body.
    pegasus, kmw1954 and Taurus1965 like this.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    20753 times
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    pegasus likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1450 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    If I had that level of exposure to youngsters mine would be in a quick opening safe unless on my body.
    You must have hit the wrong key, CB. "Exposure to youngsters" is discussed on another board somewhere else on the Internet.

(At least that's what I hear--no personal experience you understand...)

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    I know someone who got a Hi Point 45 pistol as part of a trade and he didn't know what to do with it. No one he knew wanted to buy it and it's to big and heavy to carry. It is a fantastic shooter however, recoil very mild, very accurate, and very reliable, even with HP's. I had the chance to test fire it once, and was getting great groups at 25 yards, so it's definitely capable of across a room type shooting. I suggested, "What about locking it in something quick access and using it as a nightstand type gun?" He thought that was a good idea. Plus, if the unfortunite happens and they have to use it for home defense, where they live the gun will be confiscated by the police for investigative purposes, so it's not like an expensive carry gun getting taken. So I guess every device can find it's niche.

Member #
    Liked
    9597 times
    One of my other bad habits is smoking cigars, so I have a few empty wooden cigar boxes laying about. Got a wild hair in the shop one day and cut up 1/2" foam to fit the bottom and top of several of the boxes that my snub nosed .38SPL and .44SPL can fit inside. I covered the foam in felt and glued the foam into the boxes. Cut a pieces of the plastic trays that hold the cartridges into pieces that each hold 2 sets of reloads, cut a corner off the foam bottoms large enough for these ammo trays and glued them in. Then I milled the box lips to hold magnets that keep the lids closed with the foam holding the pistols and ammo tight in the box. The boxes are easy to open when needed, yet don't look as suspicious as a pistol laying out, or in one of those finger print lock boxes.

I have one box for my wife's Charter Arms .38SPL and one box that holds my Taurus Model 445 (.44SPL). Those sit on the night stands and strangely, each box is about the same color as the nightstand it sits on, so you just don't notice them. When the Grand Kids (ages 2 and 4) come over the boxes either get moved higher to where the Grand Kids can't reach, or into a drawer, out of their sight and out of their reach. When the Grand Kid go, they come back to the night stands. Now my cigar boxes don't lock, but I don't think that would be too hard to rig up.

Most cigar shops will gladly let you pick through their empty boxes and sell them to you for a buck or two each. I made a bunch of these up and gave the excess away to some friends of mine at the cigar shop, including the shop owner. I am pretty sure that box sits close to the cash register somewhere, besides who would suspect a cigar box in a cigar shop? Since probably 90% of the patrons there carry concealed anyway, robbing that place would be like robbing a donut shop just before police shift change, just not smart.
    Tuco_Ramírez likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    3263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Whatever I am carrying on a given day gets the nightstand duty along with extra mags...and lately it's been a 45.
    Yup! Whatever I carry during the day gets the nightshift duty!
    pegasus likes this.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    5965 times
    I normally carry my S&W compact 2.0 and that is on my night stand with a flash light.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    29920 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    Beware the man who only owns one gun, for he probably knows how to use it well.
    Well, ya know, there's always exceptions.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    3720 times
    The benefit of having no kids around and living with just my wife is I can leave a couple goodies tucked in various strategic locations without fear someone who they aren't intended for finding them. When we have family or friends visit that will be staying, they relocate for a spell.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links