More Bad News concerning future import of Turkish Pistols - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: More Bad News concerning future import of Turkish Pistols

Member #
    Liked
    44707 times
    I've mentioned before, my brother spent his entire military career in Turkey, and if he knew I purchased Turkish made firearms, I know for a fact, he would quit talking to me.
    He has had nothing nice to say(at all) about Turkey since the '60's
    We the People...

Member #
    Liked
    29870 times
    Turkey has been on the path to Iran-style islamofascism for some time now. I'll back Bibi over Turkey every darn time.

And that first link seems to imply that Bibi wants to start a war with Iran. Sorry, I don't see it. It also implies that Trump moved the embassy because Bibi asked. He may have, but almost every GOP candidate for ages now has talked about it during the campaign. President Trump just did it.

All in all, that article (int he first post) seems a lot more opinion than fact.

As for Turkish guns, Americans aren't safe walking down the streets in Turkey. https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/polit...rds/index.html I don't see a need to buy guns from nations where we are so widely hated. Embargo? Trade war? Fine. They need us more than we need them.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Turkey has been on the path to Iran-style islamofascism for some time now. I'll back Bibi over Turkey every darn time.

And that first link seems to imply that Bibi wants to start a war with Iran. Sorry, I don't see it. It also implies that Trump moved the embassy because Bibi asked. He may have, but almost every GOP candidate for ages now has talked about it during the campaign. President Trump just did it.

All in all, that article (int he first post) seems a lot more opinion than fact.

As for Turkish guns, Americans aren't safe walking down the streets in Turkey. https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/12/polit...rds/index.html I don't see a need to buy guns from nations where we are so widely hated. Embargo? Trade war? Fine. They need us more than we need them.
    I definitely agree, Bibi does not want to start a war with Iran because it would be a very short lived one. No more than 24-48 hours tops before the nuke exchange.

However, having the US take Iran out for him is another matter. And since the first Gulf War, the Russians learned about the military technology that we possess, where we have advanced it while Russia and the Chicomms are busy trying to catch up since the flow of information has decreased since the Clintons left office.
    taurustoter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollin thunder View Post
    I've mentioned before, my brother spent his entire military career in Turkey, and if he knew I purchased Turkish made firearms, I know for a fact, he would quit talking to me.
    He has had nothing nice to say(at all) about Turkey since the '60's
    As someone has posted about Turk military units aiding Hitler, we know it goes back even further to the Austro-Hungarian Empire giving us "The Great War" that in some cases was even deadlier than WWII.

Kind a reminds me of a line from Tom Berenger in Sniper 2 when the poet/philosopher suggested that war can be prevented by diplomatic means. "If it weren't for solving the screw ups made by the diplomats . . ."
    taurustoter likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7847 times
    I spent six months over there on a business assignment (Ankara), and have never felt in as much danger as in that stinky muslam place. Turkey hates us - they are not ever to be trusted. Even the hotel that we were required to stay in treated us like dirt, and they always put us up in the same rooms - directly next to the Iranian Embassy. Did manage to get some fine carpets and beautiful chess sets, but that's all.
    57K likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    969 times
    I'm not trying to crack wise: but for anyone interested enough to pursue the Time-Line; look back far enough and you will find that once upon a time, and well before the Roman calendar flipped from BC to AD, the Turks are the Hittites of the Old Testament!
    Last edited by 57K; 04-14-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    9371 times
    I have a couple of TISAS Zigana Sports. Some of the finest machine work, close tolerance and accurate shooters - I'd put them on par with my PT92's for soft recoil and function.
    rollin thunder likes this.
    (1) PT709 SS; (1) PT709FS; PT740 SS; PT140B Mil G2 Rec'd. 2/16/16; PT140 SS G2 Rec'd 9/14/16; PT111 SS Mil Pro Repaired Rec'd. 9/9/16
    PT24/7 PRO DS SS 9mm; PT24/7 Blk. CA .40S&W; PT24/7 PRO LS DS SS .40S&W; Remington R51 G2 9MM
    PT92B-AF; PT92-AFS Tu-Tone; PT99B-AF; PT99-AFS; (2) PT100AFS; TRACKER M992B - 6.5" ;.M992SS - 4" .22LR/.22Mag; M17SS - 6.5" .17HMR
    S&W SD9VE SS; Sigma SW9VE SS; SD40VE SS; Sigma SW40VE SS; M&P40C Blk. SS; (1)TISAS Zigana Sport Two-Tone and (1) all Black; Texas CHL

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cassrh View Post
    I spent six months over there on a business assignment (Ankara), and have never felt in as much danger as in that stinky muslam place. Turkey hates us - they are not ever to be trusted. Even the hotel that we were required to stay in treated us like dirt, and they always put us up in the same rooms - directly next to the Iranian Embassy. Did manage to get some fine carpets and beautiful chess sets, but that's all.
    It was probably a deal with the embassy so they didn't have to run wires too far to the bugs in your room!
    Czechbikr likes this.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    29919 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 57K View Post
    I'm not trying to crack wise: but for anyone interested enough to pursue the Time-Line; look back far enough and you will find that once upon a time, and well before the Roman calendar flipped from BC to AD, the Turks are the Hittites of the Old Testament!

Hmm, did THEY make nice firearms?
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    7847 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OKNewshawk View Post
    It was probably a deal with the embassy so they didn't have to run wires too far to the bugs in your room!
    No doubt ! The two end rooms looked down on the rear courtyard of the embassy. There was a tennis court, never used, and a "garden" for sitting and planning the next terror attack. It was understood that the rooms were probably bugged, so we never discussed anything except a lot of BS that would make them scratch their diapers.
    OKNewshawk likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links