Why Caliber Wars Do Not Matter! - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Why Caliber Wars Do Not Matter!

Member #
    Liked
    2196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    It was all Sue Ellen behind the scenes, JR just stayed drunk and took all the blame. Just poking the Bear.
    Wow, and what a true beauty was Sue Ellen (Linda Gray). It was definitely a high caliber show!

[See how cleverly the poster got the thread back on topic?]
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    "Comparing the momentum of two of the most commonly encountered loads is "hyperbole?" Um, okay."

You compare YOUR chosen load in .45 ACP to whose exactly in 9mm? The weakest one you could find that I wouldn't use nor recommend? Then claim it's one of the most commonly encountered? Maybe check to see which 9mm load is more commonly used in LE than any other and I think you'll find a factory rated velocity of 1220 FPS. Their rating, not mine. So, skew the facts if that floats your boat. Even the most elementary student of physical science can understand that the 230 gr. bullet at 850 FPS yields a higher momentum that a 124 gr. bullet at 1130 or 1220 FPS since the 230 has nearly twice the mass.

Had you absorbed the greater point rather than cherry picking for a point you thought you might rebut as a stand alone comment, it might have raised a question like: in a span of 5 seconds which cartridge is more likely to allow the greatest number of hits in the thoracic cavity. Obviously, the supposed status of, "I carry the superior 230 gr. JHP in .45 ACP" is supposed to wrangle a feeling of awe from the readers?
    And despite you having never raised some point or other, it can still be valid.

You said it here: "Physicists past and present are the only group that has ever really tried to think outside the box, yet they're the least of the groups to be relied upon. I keep mentioning Quantitative Ammunition Selection for a reason. It is based on physical and mathematical certainties which can be PROVEN."

Was I speaking Norwegian or something, because in that statement: "I keep mentioning Quantitative Ammunition Selection for a reason. It is based on physical and mathematical certainties which can be PROVEN."

I am clearly speaking in regard to the physical and mathematical certainties being provable.

"I'm done."

I agree.

And to jtg452, thanks for the link! I'll gladly post it again since you took the time to find it.
    http://powderburns.tripod.com/sharps.html

What connection it has with the topic of this thread escapes me, but hey, I like Mike Venturino and always have. As far as firearms history, yeah, he qualifies. But I believe you said PHYSICISTS and Historians.
    Shoot slowly and deliberately: As fast as you can!

Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

Deacon Viking

Member #
    Liked
    10578 times
    Give it a rest. No ones cares.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    984 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    Give it a rest. No ones cares.
    No one cares, so you need to chime in. You should know something about posting things no one cares about, provided any of it is 1/2 way correct. Then you get a like from the land of imaginary diseases as Frank Zappa once mentioned.
    Shoot slowly and deliberately: As fast as you can!

Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

Deacon Viking

Member #
    Liked
    10578 times
    I hit a nerve huh?
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30866 times
    That's enough.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    27042 times
    Good close!
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

YES, I am a "bean people" !

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Sponsored Links