Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: If you have a CHL you probably shouldn't joke about illegally using it

Member #
    Liked
    3256 times

If you have a CHL you probably shouldn't joke about illegally using it

https://www.whio.com/news/local/fire...icmp=cb_widget

URBANA – An Urbana teacher fired after sending a text message about using her CCW and later sending another text with an altered image of her principal’s face on a shooting range target said she would never harm anyone and was a victim of bullying.

Nori McCall-Fasse, a first-grade teacher at Urbana North Elementary School, taught in the district for 19 years before she was placed on paid leave and eventually terminated for allegedly violating board policies.

McCall-Fasse appealed her firing to Champaign County Common Pleas Court, where Judge Nick Selvaggio ruled in favor of termination.

McCall-Fasse said the work environment with her principal was toxic.

“I had been dealing with this bully principal that had been targeting me for over four years. It was one thing after another,” she said.

As a means of coping, McCall-Fasse said she joked with her other teacher friends about the principal, Julie Willoughby.

“There was a meme I sent of Julie Willoughby’s face above a target thingy. It was for my co-worker ... as a joke,” she said.

That meme and a text message that was shared, “Something is about to get “real”! Can I please have my stupid sub folder put into my mailbox? I’m about ready to use my CCW!!,” is what led to her firing.

A former Urbana Board of Education member said he believes it was the wrong decision to fire McCall-Fasse.

“I felt the superintendent was arbitrary and capricious and vindictive in what he was doing,” said Jack Beard.

The district said the teacher violated board policies prohibiting threatening conduct.
    Although I might have sympathy for the teacher if I knew whether or not the bullying claim is correct or not, (don't know) IMO if a supervisor is bullying you shouldn't give them ammunition to fire you. IMHO Anything that infers or implies shooting someone is nothing to joke about.

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    Doin' something like that and advertising it is just askin' for trouble but on the other hand......nobody'd be sayin' squat about it if it had been a dart board.......somehow, there's supposedly a difference.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Doin' something like that and advertising it is just askin' for trouble but on the other hand......nobody'd be sayin' squat about it if it had been a dart board.......somehow, there's supposedly a difference.
    I don't think it is the dart board vs. gun target that is the issue. It is the weak minded individual who is portrayed on the target. Imagine which Presidential picture could be on a target and no one would care--then imagine some other and the outrage that would follow.

It is foolish of someone to do this and publicize it, but fools still (should) have free speech rights.
    kschilk and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7224 times
    Threatening to shoot someone is never a good idea.

You always run the risk of someone believing you aren't just talking.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    20244 times
    Everybody is a victim.
    It relieves responsibility for being an idiot.
    The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
    People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

Member #
    Liked
    7224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Everybody is a victim.
    I blame smart phones.

They are the best way to get in touch with your inner idjut that's ever been invented.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Member #
    Liked
    4386 times
    Unless she has been living under a rock she should have known better. "Zero tolerance" in school scenarios is just about universal. And in the era of #metoo, it would have been much more effective to file a hostile workplace complaint. Wonder how long she will keep her license?
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    26072 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    Everybody is a victim.

are we getting any money for being a Victim?
    I can be a victim if needed!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    What the hell is a CHL ?

Member #
    Liked
    1994 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Arquebus36 View Post
    What the hell is a CHL ?
    I think in this part of the country it is the Central Hockey League.

I'm guessing the OP's version is a Concealed Handgun License (just a guess on my part). Apparently in that jurisdiction it isn't valid for long guns or knives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links