Rock Island TCM Tac Ultra
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rock Island TCM Tac Ultra

Member #
    Liked
    6169 times

Rock Island TCM Tac Ultra

Has anyone on this forum looked at or purchased this pistol ?. It looks kind of different to me. It is a 17 round chambered in .22 TCM which is only made by Armscor/Rock Island Armory. It is also available with a 9 mm barrel which is inter changeable with the 22 TCM barrel. I am curious if anybody has any experience with this gun.
    silverstring likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    41617 times
    I've shot another members pistol. It's a flame flower and a hoot to shoot. I think it was Minga who has it.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    3701 times
    Looks like the TCM ammo is difficult to find. Only made by Armscor
    loudviking likes this.
    Let slip the dogs of War...
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10933 times
    I owned the combo for about 6 months. It seemed to not do either caliber as well as a single caliber version of the same 1911. I liked shooting the 22TCM, but ammo is hard to find and a little pricey. My biggest issue is adjusting the sights every time you switch from 9mm to 22TCM as the POI is different between the two rounds. Overall 22TCM is a blast, but just didn't do it for me, SO I sold it for what I had in it. I prefer my dedicated 9mm Rock Island Tac-II 9mm.

https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/o...22tcm-9mm.html
    olfarhors likes this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    I looked at the gun/cartridge when they first came out, but after some research I passed on it.
    basically the 22 TCM is about equal in energy to th 9 MM, the 22 TCM ammo is both hard to locate (unless you order online) and a bit pricey, it just doidn't do anything for me personally.
    I have shot 3-4 of them, other than lot of muzzle flash and loud report I wasn't to enamored with it for punching paper.
    IF I want to shoot a 22 then i got like 5 -6 of them, if I wnat to shoot a 9 MM well i gots 5-6-7 of them as well, IF I want to shoot a 1911 well I got like 14-15 of them---so not for me.
    see if you can find one to shoot and see how you like it!
    silverstring likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    5756 times
    Well, I actually do own the combination set. When I first got the set, I don't know maybe a year-and-a-half two years ago, I shot it with the 9 mm Barrel. After shooting it as a nine for a few weeks I switched over to the 22 TCM and I have never looked back. To be perfectly honest I would have to look around my shop and try to see if I could even find the 9 millimeter Barrel and Spring it has been that long since I used it. I have no problem finding ammunition for it both online and locally. There are two or three gunshops in Tampa that I can buy it at, it is available at the larger gun shows, and as has already been said I can buy in bulk online. That is where I get most of mine. I buy 1000 round at a time and I find it very reasonable in price that way.

With the 22 TCM Barrel and spring installed it is a very easy to rack handgun, it is accurate, and has virtually no recoil shooting it in a 1911 platform. With new shooters it is a logical step up to a more powerful caliber. A new shooter can get used to be louder muzzle blast without having to get used to increase recoil at the same time. I enjoy shooting mine just for fun. It is a flat shooting caliber and when used for fun plinking and even punching holes in paper it is a fun way to spend some time at the range.

If I had known how much fun I would have shooting the 22 TCM I would not have purchased the convertible model for both calibers. I have other nines if I want to shoot one and I simply would have purchased the 22 TCM.

I had one problem with the gun when it was brand new and I was shooting it as a nine. I constantly was having feeling problems. I called the company, explain the problem oh, and they said they were aware of it and they would send me a label so I can send it in and get it fixed. I got the mailing label, boxed it up, and dropped it off at the FedEx shipping yard in Tampa. 9 days later I received a brand new replacement gun which even had a different serial number. I have not had any problems at all with anything from Rock Island since.

If you decide to buy one I hope you truly enjoy it and shoot safe.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    8512 times
    I have had on since they 1st came out it is a blast to shoot Maybe the numbers say a 9mm is close but I can tell you that the damage it does on a coyote is massive and they drop like a rock I get the 22TCM ammo at about $18.00 a box of fifty. the total absence of recoil is crazy and the gun just puts a big grin on my face. If you ever get to the norther OBX you are welcome to try mine.
    BangBang likes this.
    avatar is VA-34 Blue Blasters squadron insignia one of the many I wore from 1977-1998

Member #
    Liked
    5756 times
    Many people assume that the 22 TCM is simply a 9 mm brass necked down to 22 caliber. It is not. The 22 TCM is a cut down 223 brass necked down to 22 caliber. The ballistics are very similar to the five seven by 28.

Don
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Many people assume that the 22 TCM is simply a 9 mm brass necked down to 22 caliber. It is not. The 22 TCM is a cut down 223 brass necked down to 22 caliber. The ballistics are very similar to the five seven by 28.

Don
    EXACTLY--but honestly I don't know of anyone that thinks its a 9 MM necked down to a 22 myself.
    now I do know people that think the 357 Sig round is actually a 357 magnum or 357 magnum semi auto.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2644 times
    I own one and I like to make FN 5-7 owners cry. (only a couple of owners).

Maloy

Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Has anyone on this forum looked at or purchased this pistol ?. It looks kind of different to me. It is a 17 round chambered in .22 TCM which is only made by Armscor/Rock Island Armory. It is also available with a 9 mm barrel which is inter changeable with the 22 TCM barrel. I am curious if anybody has any experience with this gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links