• 2 Post By jspdrcrmach5
  • 3 Post By daytonaredeye
  • 5 Post By leadcounsel

Thread: Take the chance before a jury

Member #
    Liked
    1270 times

Take the chance before a jury

Attacked by five, he defends himself with gun taken from one of his attackers - - kills one, shoots three of the others.

DA wants him to plea bargain (17 - 34 yrs) , but he took his chances before a Pennsylvania jury.

https://www.philly.com/news/jabir-ke...-20190328.html

Flash
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Member #
    Liked
    1437 times
    Now there needs to be some consequences for the corrupt politically motivated prosecutors who persecuted the guy for defending himself.
    Using the power of the government and the bottomless purse of the taxpayer to unjustly prosecute someone like this should have repercussions for those using that power to destroy someone's life like that.

Member #
    Liked
    32872 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    Attacked by five, he defends himself with gun taken from one of his attackers - - kills one, shoots three of the others.

DA wants him to plea bargain (17 - 34 yrs) , but he took his chances before a Pennsylvania jury.

https://www.philly.com/news/jabir-ke...-20190328.html

Flash
    For PA, it normally wouldn't surprise me but considerin' this was Philly......I'm stunned.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    719 times
    The prosecutors should be prosecuted for miscarriage of justice.
    Desperado and 57K like this.
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
    -Patches O'Houlihan

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18866 times
    Well done, young man! And, that’s good shooting! The DA decided to prosecute stating that “hitting all 5 attackers had to be premeditated - not self defense”. Glad he was smart enough to believe in the judicial system.
    57K, pegasus and kschilk like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    I interned in that very Philly DA homicide office. A very anti-gun attitude was pervasive, unfortunately; but that was decades ago. And sadly it appears it still exists. Philly is among the most violent cities in the nation, boasting something like a homicide per day average.

Anyway, this appears to be a bad prosecution and it's great the accused was acquitted.

I agree that malicious or bad faith prosecutions should have consequences. Some states reimburse the defendant his legal fees. Prosecutors can also be sanctioned or disbarred in egregious cases. Baltimore prosecutor Marilyn Mosby faced calls for her disbarment, and I'm not sure how that played out.

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Well done, young man! And, that’s good shooting! The DA decided to prosecute stating that “hitting all 5 attackers had to be premeditated - not self defense”. Glad he was smart enough to believe in the judicial system.

ahh asking for a friend that I was telling about this story so let me ask?
    where can I find those threads about a revolver with 5 -6 rounds is good enough for personal defense again???------
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    18866 times
    Check the .gov threads . . .
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    6169 times
    That DA should go to jail for even offering that kind of a deal.

Sponsored Links