Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacher39 View Post
    If you knock on my door after dark, let alone after midnight,
    you had better know the 'secret knock'.
    Either that or be wearing a Santa suit and carrying a brand new
    guitar with my name on it.
    What kind of an idiot goes around knocking on doors after midnight?
    Oh.............oh..............I know.
    The dead kind.
    Jesus Christ, remind me never to move near you.
    Zen Ape likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25418 times
    WEll I m glad and happy to report that things are looking up as ther were only 2 Homicides last night in Atlanta and they were both in Northwest side of town.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    3139 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Glad I don't live in SW Atlanta.
    Even at midnight you shouldn't be shot for knocking on the wrong door.
    The guy in the apartment never should have opened the door.
    Now two lives are ruined; not counting the family members.
    Did the shooter even shoot the guy at the door when he fired? Was the defendants balcony on ground level or above it? The reason I ask is this from the OP news article.

Police said after he knocked on the door, Banks started walking away but the suspect, Darryl Bynes, went onto his balcony to confront him. A “verbal exchange ensued” and at some point Bynes, 32, shot the victim, authorities said.

When officers arrived, they found Banks with a gunshot wound in his neck. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
    olfarhors likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3720 times
    I've lived in a couple apartment complexes over the years and getting your buzzer rung or door knocked on by someone who was looking for someone else comes with the territory. Hell I even had my upstairs neighbor stumble down my hallway one night and walk right in my front door (fool on me for leaving it unlocked) thinking he was home. Only took him a second to realize "oops", apologize profusely and then walk back out. And even when I lived in houses, mystery knocks from the unexpected can occur. Once I had a man who's car broke down outside my house, this is before the years of everyone having a cell phone in their pocket. He simply wanted to use the phone to call for help. It's sad that every one of these incidents I described above have ended in tragedy because the person living behind the door was a nut job with a gun. And please don't give me that crap about well the neighborhood is dangerous and people die there every day. I used to visit my grandfather in a neighborhood where the weekend entertainment was listening to the police scanner and wondering how many people were going to die that day. Hell one of my earliest childhood memories was being asked by a police officer if I had any chalk. Yeah there are some real bad apples in these communities, but they are in the minority. The majority are just honest good people trying to keep their heads down, get by, and can't afford to go anywhere else. If you're that guy who walks around your home with a gun on your hip and a cell phone in your pocket, good for you, stay safe. But don't be a moron and kill someone just because they knocked on your door and it could be the Devil himself. Sure it could be, but it could be something far less dangerous and far more innocent.
    Urufu_Shinjiro likes this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    15776 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Mr. Twain had a very appropriate saying about such things. “The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”
    Actually my grandmother had a saying that would be more appropriate, "Nothing good ever happens after ten o'clock at night." Well maybe it wasn't her saying, but she said it often enough so that it flashed through my mind every time I got caught doing something after 10:00.
    pegasus likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    5965 times
    Should not of happened. You don't shoot at someone you cannot see.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    Actually my grandmother had a saying that would be more appropriate, "Nothing good ever happens after ten o'clock at night." Well maybe it wasn't her saying, but she said it often enough so that it flashed through my mind every time I got caught doing something after 10:00.

thinking back now-- most of the really good, exciting , interesting things in my life have happened after midnight.
    pegasus likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    25418 times
    well heck!
    just when i thoght we might be turning things around to more peaceful, docile society a guy shot his live in pregnat girlfirend that was 9 months pregnant, her 16 year old son, himself and 2 Henry county deputies yesterday.
    I was caught up in the stuff, must have been 70 police vehilces packed in a neighborhood of not huge size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links