Pistol AR's - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 196
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Pistol AR's

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    33,084
    Liked
    25628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    It just occurred to me... wouldn't those be pistol caliber pistols?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

    I thought PCP was illegal?
    stupimlico and GreenWolf70 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Member #
    74937
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    112
    Liked
    107 times
    I'm looking to build an AR pistol in .300 BLK. I already have the lower and LPK, now I need the buffer/brace and an upper. I like the prices for the PSA uppers but they don't have any in 10.5". I was originally thinking of going with a 8.5" barrel but I've had a few customers at work advocate for the slightly longer barrel. What's the opinion of this august group?

    Also, if I had the money, I'd like to go with a Dead Foot Arms Modified Cycle System. It allows for either a much shorter buffer tube or a folding stock/brace that can be fired folded. You can see it here: https://deadfootarms.com/ar15-foldin...-adaptor-kits/
    Yissnakk likes this.
    "Everyone who is not an American, drop your gun!"
    Sheriff Isaac, "Doctor Who: A Town Called Mercy"

  3. #33
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    40341
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    4,373
    Liked
    7378 times
    I went with a 10.5 for my first - that seems to be the break point for performance vs. mobility with the 300BLK cartridge. I also waited forever for PSA to get their 10.5" uppers in stock and ended up building my own using an Anderson upper and gas tube from Primary arms (think I got a stripped upper) and a barrel from a place that is now, apparently, defunct (Classic Firearms has 4 left in stock). and a gas block and hand guard from ebay.

    Shoots great!

    I went with the KAK Shockwave brace and tube which can also be found on Ebay, generally cheaper than from other places.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary


  4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Alabama Foothills
    Posts
    11,974
    Liked
    9877 times
    I built my upper. It has Aero Precision upper receiver, 10" Samson Evolution handguard, 7.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel (that is the same as everyone else's 8.5" barrel), BTE adjustable gas block, Nitrided MILSPEC BCG, and a Troy Claymore flash can that protrudes maybe a 1/2" past the handguard. Lower is an old Sig pistol brace, PSA buffer and tube, Aero Precision Gen2 lower with a MILSPEC trigger that I buffed out.

    All I shoot out of this AR Pistol are subs. Since it is a short barrel and I reload, I load a little hotter while keeping it subsonic, no flash and it is relatively quiet without a silencer. I run 10.0 grains of W296 behind a 208 grain Hornady A-Max. It is great for a home defense gun as I do not feel the need for hearing protection if I get up in the middle of the night.

    My other .300BLK has a 16" barrel and carbine length gas and I only shoot supers through it.

    If you are shooting commercial sub loads only, 10.5" may give you a little over a 8.5" barrel as the commercial ammo is usually setup to stay subsonic in a 16" barrel. But really shouldn't be an issue if you reload. All the powder is typically burned before it exits my 8.5" barrel, so I don't think the 10.5" has better innate accuracy. JMHO.
    Yissnakk and MisterNoisy like this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

  6. #35
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    40341
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Bat Cave
    Posts
    4,373
    Liked
    7378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWolf70 View Post
    I built my upper. It has Aero Precision upper receiver, 10" Samson Evolution handguard, 7.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel (that is the same as everyone else's 8.5" barrel), BTE adjustable gas block, Nitrided MILSPEC BCG, and a Troy Claymore flash can that protrudes maybe a 1/2" past the handguard. Lower is an old Sig pistol brace, PSA buffer and tube, Aero Precision Gen2 lower with a MILSPEC trigger that I buffed out.

    All I shoot out of this AR Pistol are subs. Since it is a short barrel and I reload, I load a little hotter while keeping it subsonic, no flash and it is relatively quiet without a silencer. I run 10.0 grains of W296 behind a 208 grain Hornady A-Max. It is great for a home defense gun as I do not feel the need for hearing protection if I get up in the middle of the night.

    My other .300BLK has a 16" barrel and carbine length gas and I only shoot supers through it.

    If you are shooting commercial sub loads only, 10.5" may give you a little over a 8.5" barrel as the commercial ammo is usually setup to stay subsonic in a 16" barrel. But really shouldn't be an issue if you reload. All the powder is typically burned before it exits my 8.5" barrel, so I don't think the 10.5" has better innate accuracy. JMHO.
    I don't think that 10" gives any more or less accuracy than the 8.5". Just a wee bit more velocity
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary


  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Alabama Foothills
    Posts
    11,974
    Liked
    9877 times
    Like I said, if you reload it is not an issue.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Member #
    47688
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    south brevard, Fl
    Posts
    616
    Liked
    628 times
    barrel lengths only real effect on accuracy is just sight radius with iron sights. once you go to a scope or red dot it just doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    I don't think that 10" gives any more or less accuracy than the 8.5". Just a wee bit more velocity

  9. #38
    Senior Member
    Member #
    23358
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    20,945
    Liked
    41557 times
    I built a 7.5" 300 blackout, put an SBA3 brace on it (it's adjustable) along with a holosun holographic site, oh and it's side charging. Cool pistol, fun to shoot.
    GreenWolf70 and olfarhors like this.

    "Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    Member #
    11801
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    33,084
    Liked
    25628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    I built a 7.5" 300 blackout, put an SBA3 brace on it (it's adjustable) along with a holosun holographic site, oh and it's side charging. Cool pistol, fun to shoot.
    thats much like what I got coming an nearly the same setup that was suggested for me to use.
    so I went with that , then I can blame you guys for any problems that I have or don't like!
    I like to be able to point the finger of blame!!!
    yuose got 2 have a plan in place!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

  11. #40
    Senior Member
    Member #
    1005
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Alabama Foothills
    Posts
    11,974
    Liked
    9877 times
    Wow, you are beginning to sound like a Democrat.

    LOL, so you went ahead and ordered the PSA, nice?

    BTW, have I ever steered you wrong?
    Last edited by GreenWolf70; 04-24-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

 

 
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2018, 03:16 PM
  2. Handgun - Pistol, Revolver, Pistol Revolver, Semi Automatic Pistol?
    By Jack of Hearts in forum The Firing Line
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 08:08 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 11:48 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 07:12 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 06:43 PM