Pistol AR's - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Pistol AR's

Member #
    Liked
    1013 times
    I've seen them,but don't know anything about Pistol AR.
    When someone shows you who they are,believe them the first time. Maya Angelou!

Semper Fi.

Member #
    Liked
    9880 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    You live in a lucky location. I've only found one single .300 BLK case at our local range, and when I started reloading for it, once fired was scarce and nowhere near as cheap as once fired .223 brass.

Also, there's some noise that the Lee dies don't do a good job of converting but just as many reports that they work just fine. I ended up with both Lee and RCBS SB dies. Was having some chambering issues...then learned that Wolf brass, in particular, is in no way suited for use as the case walls are just too thick, making the cartridge neck too large when loaded. Pretty much all domestic .223 brass works fine but brass from outside the US, not so much...
    I have been using Hornady die for the .300 Whisper/Blackout. They work fine, plus you get a 100 bullet rebate that is pretty good.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Member #
    Liked
    25636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    You live in a lucky location. I've only found one single .300 BLK case at our local range, and when I started reloading for it, once fired was scarce and nowhere near as cheap as once fired .223 brass.

Also, there's some noise that the Lee dies don't do a good job of converting but just as many reports that they work just fine. I ended up with both Lee and RCBS SB dies. Was having some chambering issues...then learned that Wolf brass, in particular, is in no way suited for use as the case walls are just too thick, making the cartridge neck too large when loaded. Pretty much all domestic .223 brass works fine but brass from outside the US, not so much...
    yep, well I am frum the souf as well, we like them AR pistols cause they fit in the rear window gun rack of a our pickem um trucks nicely--specially since so many of us have gone to the compact and mid size pickem up trucks.
    so there seems to be a good lil number of 300 BO here.
    actually I mentioned not to many months back about passing up on some brass at the range cause I didn't load or shoot that caliber and a few went some what rabid about the brass.
    anyway I don't see myself reforming brass anytime soon.
    all the brass that I have is either 556 nato brass that has been reformed or straight out marked 300 BO brass.
    the nato brass I believe is all lake City?
    thanks for the info though.
    GreenWolf70 and Yissnakk like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1438 times
    I am thinking about a Freedom Ordinance FX 9, it has 8" barrel, comes with flash can, last round hold open, comes with one 33 rd. Glock mag. It is threaded 1/2" x 28
    GreenWolf70 and Yissnakk like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36356 times
    I got my Micro Flash can finally...6 days out of Texas. Went to put it on and DUH...it's a 1/2 x 28 and my 300 BLK is a 5/8 x 24 of course. My bad for ordering the wrong one...their bad for not seeing or comprehending my note on the order that "it's for a 300 BO pistol". Now I await their reply... Here's the pistol with the long KAK Flash Can on it...10.5" barrel and 3+" Flash can.

Name:  300 BLK pistol with flashhider.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  3.17 MB
    Yissnakk and GreenWolf70 like this.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    I got my Micro Flash can finally...6 days out of Texas. Went to put it on and DUH...it's a 1/2 x 28 and my 300 BLK is a 5/8 x 24 of course. My bad for ordering the wrong one...their bad for not seeing or comprehending my note on the order that "it's for a 300 BO pistol". Now I await their reply... Here's the pistol with the long KAK Flash Can on it...10.5" barrel and 3+" Flash can.

I think it looks snazzy with the long can on there! Sure, there's a bit of extra weight, but looks must have a place too!
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    628 times
    can any one compare the effectiveness of the long and short KAK cans? i have the micro on my 8.5" .300 but would accept the extra length if it makes any big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36356 times
    Quote Originally Posted by terryb View Post
    can any one compare the effectiveness of the long and short KAK cans? i have the micro on my 8.5" .300 but would accept the extra length if it makes any big difference
    I would be interested in knowing that also. I have an AR carbine 300 BLK with a 16.5" barrel and standard birdcage. The idea of the pistol was to get something shorter.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Best flash suppressor is a suppressor. Kills most of the sound and all of the flash.

Name:  Mk 18 sd at the Office 2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  3.14 MB
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
    Best flash suppressor is a suppressor. Kills most of the sound and all of the flash.

Name:  Mk 18 sd at the Office 2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  3.14 MB
    That is my next goal - probably next year. Got most of my need list taken care of. Just need a half way decent suppressor next, figure a .30 cal will do the job for 300BLK, .308 Win, 6.5 Grendel, and .223 without much issue...
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links