Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Pistol AR's

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTS1 View Post
    Do your lower and barrel have the appropriate/matching m4 feed ramps? If not that can cause quite a bit of problems with feeding.
    Not sure I've ever seen a barrel without M4 feed ramps. I've seen some with badly done feed ramps...
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

Member #
    Liked
    25636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    I think you need to clean and oil the pistol first and make sure you are not limp wristing

don't matter!
    I am carrying this thing in my front pocket regardless of limp wristing or not!!!
    I have noticed that it shoots low and left though!
    Yissnakk and oso like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    25636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yissnakk View Post
    Not sure I've ever seen a barrel without M4 feed ramps. I've seen some with badly done feed ramps...
    yea. I kinda sorta checked out the feed ramps, they look fine to this novice AR guy?
    the thing is that it feeds Remington 220 grain HP sub sonic ( first factory ammo that I have bought in years!), Hornady 208 grain A max reloads at several different powder charges/ Oals and using like 5 different magazines of varying manufacture and capacity.
    so again from a novice AR guy that seems to kind of rule out a magazine , feed ramp,buffer problem?
    of course any input is appreciated, but going on vacation with the Son/Grandson shortly and when I get back I am getting some different projectiles and see what the deal is.
    Yissnakk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36356 times
    ^^ Have a great vacation!
    Yissnakk and olfarhors like this.
    We, in the USA, have become that which our ancestors fled.

Member #
    Liked
    25636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    ^^ Have a great vacation!
    thanks!
    its always nice to get away with three generations of males and build memories for the offspring.

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Here is a much better way of explanation; see photos:

Name:  M4 feedramps good vs bad.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  105.2 KB
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    25636 times
    well took the Ar pistol back to the range, had a box of Remington factory 220 grain open point sub sonic, and 100 rounds of Hornady A-max reloads.
    I am still some what surprised at the accuracy of this lil 7.5 inch gun, especially with my old eyes and no magnification. I am using a Halographic sight.
    anyway it seems the magic number for function 100% is 208 grain A -max at 2.225 OAL, 11.5 grains of Accurate 1680.
    seems to be sub sonic as its as quiet if not more than the remington factory loads.
    1) 11.5 gr 1680-2.225 oal -accuracy was great out to 25 yards, function was perfect.
    2) 10.3 gr of 1680-2.095 OAL-- gun would not cycle, closed on an empty chamber every time, accuracy was very good..
    3) Remington 220 gr factory-functioned but would not lock bolt open on empty magazine-accuracy was very good..
    shot 120 rounds total, even the laser printed in the 10 ring of a silhouette at 25 yards.
    all projectiles appeared to be stabilized.
    heres the target.
    all are 20 round groups.
    top left-10.3 grain loads
    top right -Remington 220 grain sub sonic loads.
    Center bottom- 11.5 grain 1680 loads.
    for now thats all the testing for a few weeks , then will get back at it and choose a plinker round.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by olfarhors; 05-10-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    oso, Yissnakk and GreenWolf70 like this.

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1438 times
    You guy are a bunch of damn pushers to an addict. Never thought about ab AR pistol, now it's just what caliber do I want and what barrel length. I can't decide between 9mm or 300 BLK.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7384 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    You guy are a bunch of damn pushers to an addict. Never thought about ab AR pistol, now it's just what caliber do I want and what barrel length. I can't decide between 9mm or 300 BLK.
    The question you need to answer is how far away will you possibly want to shoot? If you are going to keep it under 25 yds, then no reason not to go for the 9mm. If you want to have the option of 100+ yds, then definitely go .300BLK. 9mm would be cheaper to shoot if you are buying factory ammo but the price is about the same if you reload.
    oso and olfarhors like this.
    "To anger Conservatives, lie to them. To anger liberal, tell them the truth."
    -Fine! I said it! You happy, Troll!
    ...Snopes provides no evidence to the contrary

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1438 times
    What is this factory ammo that you speak of ? I load every caliber except for rimfire.
    olfarhors likes this.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links