Shipping Laws - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shipping Laws

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Shipping Laws

FedEx is the Best way I think to ship. Though it is about 40 bucks to Miami, I live in TN, all I have to do is show up at fedex, declare it is a firearm going to the manufacturer and box it up.

VIOLA done and Insured for 550 bucks.
    I get a tracking number, I can check the website for arrival and it makes it SO SIMPLE.

I won't ship any other way.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

great info here guys...i learn something new everyday...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Great info!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi,
    I,m new here and the happy owner of a PT-1911R stainless. This is my 1st post on this BB.

On the matter at hand. I won an auction for a C & R handgun. It wound up being handled with full FFL transfer protacol and that was fine with me.
    I requested that it be shipped via UPS but the shop that shipped it doesn't like UPS so they used USPS Priority Mail. It is now 5 days and it has not arrived at the local shop. It's coming from PA to far west TX.
    My priority mail envelope with payment got to PA from here in one day.
    I know that the longer a firearm remains in shipment the more vulnerable it is to wrong doers. It is insured but I don't know if they bothered to add a delivery confirmation on the package.

I don't have any tracking info and don't even think the post office supplies any. I'd appreciate any advice on what to do if it doesn't arrive tomorrow. I figure the faster I try to get a trace on it the better but do I go to the local Post Master or is their some special department I might go to above the local level.

I saw there was a post from a former postmaster and hoped he might chime in.

Or,... do I let the 2 FFL stores handle it and sit here waiting and wondering.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Shipping Laws - I'M CONFUSED!!

I had to send my PT-111 to Taurus for repair last week. The recoil spring popped out of the front of the slide and I was unable to remove the spring from the slide. I shipped it by FedEx. It was a smooth and painless experience. The FedEx agent knew what she was doing and never batted an eye lash. It cost $52.00 including $500.00 insurance. I felt it was worth it for the excellent service I received. I shipped it on Friday and it was delivered on Monday morning.
    Now--here is where I am confused. The Taurus CSR that I talked to said they could ship it back directly to me. I was under the impression from everything I have read here and on other web sites that they could only ship it back to a licensed dealer (an FFL holder). Am I going to get in trouble if they ship it back to me and I accept it?

Thanks,
    MDB

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Since you are the actual owner of the gun you will be fine. Just hope that they send it Signature Required (they should) so it's not waiting at your door when you get home from work.

When I had to ship a Kahr in for something they shipped it back to me no problem (Fed-Ex). Since I wasn't available to accept it I called the number on the tag they left and had them keep it at the shop (local Fed-Ex location) and I'd pick it up the next day. No problems.

The only way you might get in trouble is if there is a State or local law that could cause trouble. I'm not aware of anything Federal or in Minnesota (my home State).

Oh, there was some issues with some Mill Pro's having that same spring problem. I think it was addressed fairly quicky and quietly by Taurus (don't have a Mill Pro so I didn't keep close track of it).

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    115 times

Shipping a gun - THR

The above link has links to the federal laws and carrier policies.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the replies, guys. That's very helpful.

MDB

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Does anyone know how these laws and carrier policies apply to antique firearms? (pre-189 Everything I can find seems to state they do not have to go to a FFL, they do not have to go overnight, etc, but do they still need to be declared to the agent at the counter or no? Im super worried about shipping this thing, i'll gladly pay extra to ship it overnight and insured anyways, but announcing theres an antique firearm in the box just seems like an invitation for someone's wheels to start turning about what might be in the box? Legally, what am I required to do in regards to an antique weapon? (handgun)

Member #
    Liked
    115 times

Quote Originally Posted by junkyard
    Does anyone know how these laws and carrier policies apply to antique firearms? (pre-189 Everything I can find seems to state they do not have to go to a FFL, they do not have to go overnight, etc, but do they still need to be declared to the agent at the counter or no? Im super worried about shipping this thing, i'll gladly pay extra to ship it overnight and insured anyways, but announcing theres an antique firearm in the box just seems like an invitation for someone's wheels to start turning about what might be in the box? Legally, what am I required to do in regards to an antique weapon? (handgun)
    Under Federal law, pre-1898 guns aren't considered "firearms". You can ship them any way you like, except to the nanny states which have outlawed any weapon, no matter it's age.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links