Shipping Laws - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Shipping Laws

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Shipping Laws

Ok, so wanting all of your opinions whats the best way to ship a Taurus firearm to the manufacturer for repairs? Are there any specific things I need to know? Will them ship it back to me directly or does it have to go to a licensed dealer?

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Quote Originally Posted by djl1004
    Ok, so wanting all of your opinions whats the best way to ship a Taurus firearm to the manufacturer for repairs? Are there any specific things I need to know? Will them ship it back to me directly or does it have to go to a licensed dealer?
    Just type Shipping in the search box at top of the page, and read up. There is lots of info, to much to post all of it.

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

*IMPORTANT ALERT*
    STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF EVERY TIME YOU GET A WEAPON SHIPPED

http://deadbangguns.com/ShippingAlert.html
    ~Ya know its just like being a one legged man in a~
    "Ass Kicking Contest"
    ~You gotta be Meaner Than The Rest~

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thankyou sir, much appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

Quote Originally Posted by SgtKnuckles
    *IMPORTANT ALERT*
    STOP GETTING RIPPED OFF EVERY TIME YOU GET A WEAPON SHIPPED

http://deadbangguns.com/ShippingAlert.html
    Before you follow advice that could cause someone to get a felony, please read this:
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=4954.15

Remember that there is bad advice out there. Its up to each person to make a decision whether or not to follow it.

And as far as I know, you much be an FFL holder to ship firearms via USPS.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Same here. UPS was going to charge me $57 to ship a pistol. I went to my FFL and he shipped it for $15 and $10 transfer fee.

Member #
    Liked
    8321 times

The local gunshops around here ship things in a easier less hassle free manner and get the job done right. Never had a problem with local gunshop help in shipping.

Old ,now unwise "conventional wisdom" like the machine parts or other labels get get one in trouble with the BATFE or worse.

If the gun is lost or stolen try and explain away or try to recover the gun. Isn't going to happen.

This isn't a tool like a hammer or screwdriver that can be replaced with ease. The firearm or firearms are know in the hand of criminals who will do who knows what with them, may not be traceable, or have a chain of evidence to follow. After all the label said 'machine parts' and not guns.

Better to be honest and forthright from the beginning than having to explain to authorities why lying was necessary in the first place.

Member #
    Liked
    319 times

I had to spend $52 to send my gun in. I would do it again. Yeah it seems like a lot of money but my gun got there the next day and was shipped back to my house. No problems.

NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2311 times

Like other members have said, just ship your gun through your dealer or anyone with an FFL. You'll save 50% in the shipping cost compared to UPS or FedEx overnight.
    In Loving Memory---Anthony 10/12/1998 - 3/26/2010

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Concerning the shipping of a hand gun, in my case a Taurus 24/7 pro c , to taurus repair dept. They (Taurus) advise shipping thru an FFL, and do NOT advise thru the Postal Service. I have shipped a 40 cal. Taurus using UPS w/o any problem. However I had bought this last gun at an outdoor shop 40 miles from my home, and with gas at almost $4.00 a gal. I did not want to drive 80 miles round trip to ship. We have no local gun shop here now, and the UPS is open for two hours and a bridge out would have made me drive miles out of my way. Sooooo I took the chance on the postal service (Forgot to mention the Federal express would have accepted the gun at priority rate of $52.00 for my 3 lb package) The post office accepted the parcel but I had to state it was disasembled,(I said the magazine was out) I insured it for $400 and paid for tracking. Imailed to Miami (actually Hialeah I found out) The carrier did not deliver and the tracking said they attempted delivery and left notice. I called Taurus and they said should have been no reason for non delivery as the receptionist was there for acceptance of mail. I mailed the 9th of may, I called and wrote the Postal Customer service several times and they were no help. Too detailed to go into here but it has been eight days now and a CS at Taurus has called and said he tracked down the Gun (parcel) and requested re-delivery. The postal service would not allow me to request redelivery even though I had the tracking number and Insurance number. It had to be requested by the addressee with the attempted delivery notice.. I still do not know if it has been delivered. Probably wont know until Tues. As noted by others here, you must declare the gun, and I am guessing it must be going for repair, It must be Priority.The gun was a lemon and I haven't had any use of it after the first few rounds. I am not knocking Taurus, I like their guns, just one of those things, and they have been a great help with my delivery problem. DO NOT USE POSTAL SERVICE to Taurus, This advice comes from a retired Postmaster (me)

Uneasy

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links