Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2019 Wisconsin Meet And Shoot

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times

2019 Wisconsin Meet And Shoot

2019 Wisconsin meet and shoot.

Going to start a thread here to roll with seeing as this is a new year. Last summer we didn't get much of a turnout to meet last July and I'm not sure if it was the date, the time of year or just general lack of interest. So I'd like to hear from anyone interested in a get together at some time during the coming year. Could be just a half day, whole day or a weekend if enough are up to it. At this time I would be willing to travel within the state. My thought is that a one day affair would most likely work best and not require a huge commitment.

So anyone interested post up some ideas or suggestions for when, where, how long and activities to try. BTW, any of our Illinois members want to do this I would be willing to travel northern Illinois to meet members.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35870 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    2019 Wisconsin meet and shoot.

Going to start a thread here to roll with seeing as this is a new year. Last summer we didn't get much of a turnout to meet last July and I'm not sure if it was the date, the time of year or just general lack of interest. So I'd like to hear from anyone interested in a get together at some time during the coming year. Could be just a half day, whole day or a weekend if enough are up to it. At this time I would be willing to travel within the state. My thought is that a one day affair would most likely work best and not require a huge commitment.

So anyone interested post up some ideas or suggestions for when, where, how long and activities to try. BTW, any of our Illinois members want to do this I would be willing to travel northern Illinois to meet members.

I am up for it, God willing and the creek don't rise! Maybe start a thread in the Lounge and I'll sticky it. Start with best month and winnow it down to 1st/last and then finally the weekend.

Some thoughts...

I still favor Wisconsin for access to the folks there, in MN, IL and IA (MI and IN folks might be afraid to transit the ILLinois archipelago)

I liked McMiller for the ability to bring a grill and prepare our own food. The picnic site we chose sucked due to the proximity to the range/noise. The one that we passed on the road into the facility is a better choice. If anyone has a private range or land that might be a good venue also.

The two day format is beneficial for people who might drive a distance to get there. Doing a one day turnaround if travelling hundreds of miles is tough. If they are quartered close it's a better deal for dinner/breakfasts etc. I am 75 minutes away so it makes it more difficult for those functions unless I get a room or camp also.

Settling on a date that affords more activities could also be a draw for people driving in from out of the area. Summerfest in Milwaukee is an excellent music venue with top acts. Bicycling/motorbiking can be done anytime with an abundance of dedicated trails and the Kettle Moraine areas for scenic splendor.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Right now I'm wide open to any and all suggestions and that is why I'm eager to hear from any and all for input. If there is enough interest from those willing to travel then sure a two day event would be a lot of fun but we certainly didn't see that interest last year and we put out plenty of lead time and asked for feedback. I'd much rather see a one whole day event with 15-20 people than a two day event with only a handful.

OK, I'll post a topic in the Lounge and we will see where it goes.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times

2019 Wisconsin, Midwest Rendezvous

With the start of the new year I would like to start getting feedback and hearing from members here in the Midwest that may be interested in a Shooting Rendezvous for this year. We tried last year and didn't get much interest and even less participation. I don't know if it was the time of year, location or just lack of interest because we did try to start early to arrange this. So maybe I can get someone who knows better to add a poll to this thread. Something simple like who's interested, when would be the best time, location?

My feeling is that after last year I would much rather have a one day event with 15-30 people attending than a 2 day event with just a handful. But then again if we could get enough people to commit to two days that would be excellent too! I would like to see something with maybe a pistol and rifle match shoot and maybe even a trap shoot if enough are interested. Nothing too formal.

So let's hear your ideas!

Join the fun!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31212 times
    Actually, this will need to be placed in this forum, even stickied here.
    kmw1954 likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35870 times
    OK...done

(BTW...Kevin's cooking )
    kmw1954 likes this.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    OK...done

(BTW...Kevin's cooking )
    I can do that, actually enjoy it!
    Czechbikr likes this.

Join the fun!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31212 times
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Actually, this will need to be placed in this forum, even stickied here.
    Thank you much! Now what would it take to get you to come to Wisconsin? Beer? Brats? Fish Fry?
    Smokewagon likes this.

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35870 times
    Merging

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links