Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2019 Wisconsin Meet And Shoot

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35881 times
    The ranges at McMiller are longer and more varied. Plus it's about a half hour drive from Milwaukee and also Lake Geneva.
    Qwiks draw likes this.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    That was already understood. Question is how much is that a factor to get members to attend? That didn't seem to be much of a selling point last year.
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    7569 times
    I vote October. July can be brutally hot and humid.
    September would compete with SD.

I'd go anywhere in Wisconsin, although in October you may want to keep it more southern. It can get kinda cold sometimes.

My issue is knowing WELL in advance so I can ask for days off.

I'd make a motorcycle trip out of it
    Czechbikr and william like this.
    Kill time before it kills you....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8277 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I've never been to Wisconsin, but a dunk tank for moderators and administrators just might get me up there!
    The dunk tank has to be filled with beer. Micro brews at that.

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagotrauma View Post
    I'd go anywhere in Wisconsin, although in October you may want to keep it more southern. It can get kinda cold sometimes.

My issue is knowing WELL in advance so I can ask for days off.
    As I recall you had a commitment to work last year.
    I was thinking end of Sept, beginning of Oct for those that may want to use this time to sight rifles for the coming Deer season. 1st weekend in May is also the Opening of fishing season here in Wi.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!
    When they can figure out how to legislate Morality and Conscience I will consider talking more gun laws.

Join the fun!

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwiks draw View Post
    The dunk tank has to be filled with beer. Micro brews at that.
    Personally I think it would be nice if you could show up so my wife doesn't feel like the Lone Ranger. Though she did have an enjoyable time the past two years.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35881 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    As I recall you had a commitment to work last year.
    I was thinking end of Sept, beginning of Oct for those that may want to use this time to sight rifles for the coming Deer season. 1st weekend in May is also the Opening of fishing season here in Wi.
    The public ranges also get pretty busy with the WI deer hunters coming out to sight in optics and test ammo. The idea of showcasing the other events and points of interest is that perhaps those who would travel some distance can extend their trip and bring family.
    Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. - Noah Webster

Member #
    Liked
    3458 times
    So let's here some member feedback about the idea of doing two one day events! One in May and another in the fall like the end of Sept., beginning of Oct.? What type of activities would people like to see and partake in? Maybe a loosely held target match with pistols, rifles or 22's? A casual get together dinner afterwards?

Speak up need ideas.
    Qwiks draw likes this.

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45921 times
    I picked June and July, but really anytime it is scheduled I will make an attempt to go. For reasons beyond my control I'm not real sure if I will make any events this year. I really want to do Rapid City again this year since I have not been there in a while. 1 day or 2 day events are fine with me, heck maybe plan a 1 day shooting and a next day fishing charter.
    Czechbikr, Qwiks draw and kmw1954 like this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    35881 times
    If one was looking for another reason to visit Wisconsin, it does feature the center of the world!

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wisc...wDgjyOI5uOv_bM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links