commisssion investigation allegedly concludes armed staffer could've stopped Cruz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: commisssion investigation allegedly concludes armed staffer could've stopped Cruz

Member #
    Liked
    3256 times

commisssion investigation allegedly concludes armed staffer could've stopped Cruz

CASE CLOSED: Head of commission investigating Parkland shooting says armed staffer could have stopped Nikolas Cruz

I say allegedly because I don't know this source and the 6 round magazine quote sounds strange

Via Miami-based Patricia Mazzei, New York Times, quoting Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri who is heading the commission investigating the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS in Parkland, Fla.

Nikolas Cruz had to reload “several times”:
    Sheriff Bob Gualtieri of Pinellas County, head of Florida's state-appointed commission investigating the Parkland shooting, said today that video from inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School showed the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, had to reload his AR-15 assault rifle several times.
    – Patricia Mazzei (@PatriciaMazzei) August 9, 2018
    According to Sheriff Gualtieri, the rifle only had a 6-shot magazine (17 were killed and 17 more wounded in the attack):
    "There were several other times when he was in that school that his gun was empty," the sheriff said, noting that the rifle had a six-round magazine. A reload break allowed a teacher on the third floor of the freshman building to move students away to safety, he said.

"If he had somebody in there with a gun, they could have mitigated this," the sheriff said. "There were opportunities for staff to have intervened if they had been armed."

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/08/10/case-closed-head-of-commission-investigating-parkland-shooting-says-armed-staffer-could-have-stopped-nikolas-cruz/
    EdinGeorgia and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6451 times
    I think the school would have been better served with an armed and trained staffer with skin in the game than a Broward deputy in a 'rocking chair' job.
    jtg452 likes this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

Member #
    Liked
    523 times
    "Armed Staffer" like the coward cringing outside?

AFS
    There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16210 times
    So they had a commision to tell them that it's bright outside in daylight and dark outside at night.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CJS3 View Post
    So they had a commision to tell them that it's bright outside in daylight and dark outside at night.
    Still studyin' that one......they're a li'l slow at 'cipherin'.
    jtg452 and lwb92af like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    3962 times
    6 round magazine is a gun ignorant individual being told the gun had 6 rounds in it, not knowing that meant the 5 round magazine and the one in the chamber and mis-identifying it as a 6 round magazine
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    21864 times
    There's been many reports that he had multiple 10 round magazines. He didn't get larger ones because they didn't fit in his backpack.
    kschilk and Jake3501 like this.
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Hmmmm, really? They need a lesson in commonsense.
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32820 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwolde View Post
    There's been many reports that he had multiple 10 round magazines. He didn't get larger ones because they didn't fit in his backpack.
    There's the solution to the mass shooting problem right there......limit the size of back packs and pockets.
    misPhyr likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Criminal's lives DON'T matter!

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Member #
    Liked
    5271 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 230JHP View Post
    I think the school would have been better served with an armed and trained staffer with skin in the game than a Broward deputy in a 'rocking chair' job.
    School Resource Officer is probably not a job for the "best and brightest" in the department.
    I expect it is an armchair job for those close to retirement. Worst they expect to have to deal
    with is a student fight or someone found with drugs.

All the Best,
    D. White
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links