Confronted a robbery scout today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Confronted a robbery scout today

Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Confronted a robbery scout today

Had an incident today that I wanted to share. Wife was out back with the dog and the dog started to bark at a noise. She poked her head over the fence and saw a young, black guy walking away thru the neighbor's back yard, carrying his sneakers in his hand. She went and grabbed me from inside. I came out as he was walking along the back of our 6' stockade fence. Dog was following him so I pulled my weapon and chambered a round.

He was headed for the corner and popped his head over the fence in the corner to see me holding my weapon (Taurus PT738 ) aimed at his head from 10 feet away. I told him to get the flock outta here and he took my advice. I ran up to the fence and stood on a small platform I have there for exactly that reason. Kept my pistol aimed and encouraged him to not come back.

Wife had also retrieved her pistol (Rossi .38 Special) and stood 40 feet down the fence line ready to assist if needed.

I was able to review how everything started and ended on my security cameras.

He was dropped off my a car 5 houses south from my place at 11:50 this morning. He walked towards the back of the first house then passed thru the neighbor's backyards, jumping over the 4' chain link fences. He actually went behind my fence towards my neighbor's yard on the north side, his furthest distance from the beginning. This is when I was alerted by the Terri.

He came back and strolled to our south neighbor's porch (I think to look for his ride) then started towards my fence corner to have a look over my fence and see a barrel pointing at him. He took off between my neighbor to the south and the next neighbor's house, just in time for his ride to arrive and pick him up at 11:58.

I did not know that he had left and went out front to make sure he was gone and to let the neighbors know. Dogs had alerted my neighbor two doors down so he came out to see what I was looking for.

Only 8 minutes to scout the area. Must of figured everyone was at work. Dropped off and picked up quickly. Middle of the day!

Decided I will put 2 foot extensions onto my fence posts and run a few more rows of barbed wired.

I was calm during the entire incident and happy I had recently trained at the range.

Time and date stamp is always wrong on my back recorder showing the scout looking for his ride on the neighbor's front porch.

The other picture shows his ride arriving to pick him up out front and 2 doors down.

Name:  20171127_123525.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  2.41 MBName:  20171127_121730.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  2.00 MB
    By the time you hear the gunshot, it's already too late...
    Circuit Judge (2), 738 TCP, Rossi .38 Special, Taurus TX22

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32615 times
    Hmm, glad I live in the woods.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    9454 times
    As soon as you pulled your weapon and cleared the area, you should have (if you didn't) call the police. In 99% of the armed confrontations, the first person to call the police is the victim; the second is the perp. Just a word of caution. Other than that, glad it turned out well.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6284 times
    Well prepared, well trained, and well armed. Well done! Chalk one up for the good guy armed citizen.

Member #
    Liked
    7036 times
    Good reaction to a situation, glad nobody was injured.
    ArmedDefender likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8379 times
    Report it and give the LEO's a copy of your security footage. If you have footage or a plate on his ride, give them that, too.

Even if he doesn't hit you, he's likely to find a target somewhere close by.
    Last edited by jtg452; 11-27-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    1529 times
    Nice education for this loser. But I wowld be watchful just in case as they now know you're armed.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space

Member #
    Liked
    4021 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
    Hmm, glad I live in the woods.
    I live out in the country too, and am glad I did, but I had an unexpected visitor once. The crazy thing was it was like 2am, in 20 degree weather, and with snow on the ground so you could easily see his footprints. Wife and I were asleep, but I guess the guy didn't count on my wife's cat (yes I said cat) waking us up, and leading us to the door. Stupid me went outside with just a mag light because I thought the cat was upset over a deer outside, not someone walking around the house. Fortunately the guy took off probably as soon as the house lights went on, because the tracks of him leaving were different than on his approach, like he was running through the snow to the road. We never heard a car though, and the road was slick ice, so footprints didn't show up well. There were plenty of places he could've hidden if he made it to the road. We were also fortunate that I made sure the doors were locked. My wife had prior to this incident a bad habit of not locking the doors because we live out in the country, and according to her (at the time) "nobody out in the country locks their doors, that's paranoid." (or words to that effect) She doesn't think it's paranoid after that incident.

After that little incident, we got a very large outdoor dog, and have a variety of sensors around the house and yard. The dog and cat might be long gone, but the sensors are still there, and still work great. Even lets me know if there's deer in the yard, although unfortunately they mainly show up only at night during deer season.

Member #
    Liked
    34636 times
    "More" barbed wire? Wow.

Sounds like you handled this well though. Good advice to notify law enforcement.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    6284 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    I live out in the country too, and am glad I did, but I had an unexpected visitor once. The crazy thing was it was like 2am, in 20 degree weather, and with snow on the ground so you could easily see his footprints. Wife and I were asleep, but I guess the guy didn't count on my wife's cat (yes I said cat) waking us up, and leading us to the door. Stupid me went outside with just a mag light because I thought the cat was upset over a deer outside, not someone walking around the house. Fortunately the guy took off probably as soon as the house lights went on, because the tracks of him leaving were different than on his approach, like he was running through the snow to the road. We never heard a car though, and the road was slick ice, so footprints didn't show up well. There were plenty of places he could've hidden if he made it to the road. We were also fortunate that I made sure the doors were locked. My wife had prior to this incident a bad habit of not locking the doors because we live out in the country, and according to her (at the time) "nobody out in the country locks their doors, that's paranoid." (or words to that effect) She doesn't think it's paranoid after that incident.

After that little incident, we got a very large outdoor dog, and have a variety of sensors around the house and yard. The dog and cat might be long gone, but the sensors are still there, and still work great. Even lets me know if there's deer in the yard, although unfortunately they mainly show up only at night during deer season.
    Bigfoot, no doubt. Gotta' be a Bigfoot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links