Joe Kenda carried a Kimber 1911? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Joe Kenda carried a Kimber 1911?

Member #
    Liked
    2098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartJ View Post
    I've been binge watching "Homicide Hunter: Joe Kenda" in one of the earlier episode he claims he carried. as a police detective. a stainless steel .45 caliber 1911 from Kimber. And that it was the most accurate handgun he ever fired. As far as I can tell that gun is only shown in that scene. In every dramatic reenactment in which a gun is drawn, the actor playing younger Joe Kenda, carries a black pistol. probabbly a Glock. So, did he lie, and this one scene was just a commercial for Kimber? Or are the TV series producers just too cheap to buy the actor who plays him in the reinactsments a Kimber?

BTW the young "Joe Kenda" is always in a suit (unless off duty) and has hair cut short and combed. One time they showed an actual news recording of the real Lt Joe Kenda as he was back in the 80s, his hair was curly and he wasn't wearing a suit and tie. The actor playing him in the reenactments looks nothing like him.
    I saw the episode, too; I'm guessing he probably used it in the latter part of his career. As for TV reenactments, seems like they don't even bother having firearm experts or consultants anymore. Half the time they use the same racking a pump shotgun sound for handguns, both revolvers and semi-autos... they don't even seem embarrassed about it, and they should.

Victoria Faveat Paratam
    Ethos Anthropos Daimon
    4510MAG61773874084585

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    One thing we know for sure if the show is accurate...Kenda was a chain smoker.
    G8R8U2 and olfarhors like this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2857 times
    Name:  th.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  15.1 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Joes gun and other ridiculous comments

OMG

You guys DO realize that the TV series is... a TV SHOW right?

Its not like JK had a camera crew following him around..
    the ACTOR is .. an ACTOR

who cares what MACH UP gun he is carrying, it is for the effect of the show.
    for gods sake, the actor is right handed, JK is a lefty, the price of newspapers in the machine is current day prices.. its all wrong, but again, it is a REinactment, its FAKE, its for show...
    holy crap!
    and to think I even wasted time pointing this out..

Now on the subject, He caried a Kimber 1911
    lots of cops carry 1911's - the old school cops.. the new era cops are all movie and TV struck and carry SIGs and Glocks, which are great, it doesnt matter what the firearm is, If he says he carried a Kimber, why would he lie? he carried a Kimber..

I would think Kimber gave him some money for that IF there were Kimber advertisements on the Hulu series, maybe even his presence on the site..
    I doubt Kimber needs a small town Co Springs detective to push their line..
    they would make better use of advertising dollars if they threw a few Kimber Arms in thug movies..
    Just my two cents..

one last thing I have to laugh hard at.. one guy said, " it looks like a glock, i guess they were too cheap to buy the actor a kimber" or something like that..
    that is SCARY that someone thinks guns in movies are real..
    I would be afraid to be around that person if they actually owned a firearm.. not too much intellect there..

OH MY GOD

LOL

Member #
    Liked
    2119 times
    Why would he lie? What could he possibly gain from lying?

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-MaryAplha View Post
    OMG

the ACTOR is .. an ACTOR

for gods sake, the actor is right handed, JK is a lefty, the price of newspapers in the machine is current day prices.. its all wrong, but again, it is a REinactment, its FAKE, its for show...
    holy crap!

lots of cops carry 1911's - the old school cops.. the new era cops are all movie and TV struck and carry SIGs and Glocks, which are great, it doesnt matter what the firearm is, If he says he carried a Kimber, why would he lie? he carried a Kimber..

I would think Kimber gave him some money for that IF there were Kimber advertisements on the Hulu series, maybe even his presence on the site..
    they would make better use of advertising dollars if they threw a few Kimber Arms in thug movies..
    Just my two cents..

one last thing I have to laugh hard at.. one guy said, " it looks like a glock, i guess they were too cheap to buy the actor a kimber" or something like that..
    I would be afraid to be around that person if they actually owned a firearm.. not too much intellect there..

OH MY GOD

LOL
    well welcome to the forum--I do wish that you had decided to do so while you were taking your medication however!
    this is just kind of for fun here, so relax, take a deep breath, maybe fix yourself something cool to drink?
    IF you really want to get excited join the politics board and wait for someone to drop in there!
    IF you noticed in the spirit of calmness I didn't even mention you answering a 2 year old post!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    26135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Why would he lie? What could he possibly gain from lying?
    Not wanting to get anything started here but its plain as day that LT. Kenda carries a Hi-Point!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30661 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-MaryAplha View Post
    OMG

the ACTOR is .. an ACTOR

holy crap!

Just my two cents..

OH MY GOD

LOL
    I think we caught you on the day you switched back to regular coffee.....
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links